Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Let's just say hypothetically all the EU members decided to become a superstate, who would you guys pick for your Euro squad?

ReputationRep:
    Jesus ****ing Christ. France are a bunch of *****. Most of the teams left in the world cup should NOT be there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicko88)
    Personally yes, because it's cheating that's making the game not so beautiful.
    How was it cheating? He might have provoked him but that doesn't really justify Rooneys idiocy in pushing him infront of the referee to be frank.

(Original post by dominatas)
    1. he was cheating all the time 2. i can't look at his face when he is cheating, he's so gay! he just asks to throw a brick in his face :mad:
    ..mature :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    Italy and France final!
    Oh how I pray for that to come true

ReputationRep:
    hehehe yep.. id blame rooney in the first place too... his temper i just really hate... i guess he had to learn it the hard way

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha did anyone see when Ronaldo got tripped near the French box - he got up and shoved Sagnol, who was just minding his own business and walking past? So funny.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well I got Portugal in the staff sweepstake.... didn't think much to them at that point, but now I might even win something!

ReputationRep:
    I think that this was our best chance for many years, and we blew it mainly due to big players not performing. Beckham was poor all tournament, Gerrard has never fulfilled his Liverpool form in an England shirt, Rooney failed to live up to all the hype, and Lampard has been absolutely shocking.

We were unlucky with Owen, but he recieved very little service from the midfield and its hard to say in retrospect if he would've made a difference.

As always, England's chances were exaggerated, but this was definetly our year if there ever was one. I'm still hopeful for Euro 2008 with this sqaud and McLaren in charge: I think he understands the English game much better and will be able to overhaul the sqaud as Van Basten has done with Holland for the next World Cup. It may not pay dividends immediately, but at least we can remove the dead wood and bring in players grateful for the chance to pull on the shirt. Its something I've noticed when Downing, Lennon and Hargreaves play; they are not guarenteed their place so put in an extra 10% that ultimately makes their performances better than Beckham etc., who take their place for granted!

Sorry for the rambling. I got a bit carried away :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    We were very unlucky with owen and Rooney! Had they been fully fit, I do think that we would have gone far. I mean, the partnership of rooney and owen (fully fit) would have been great). It;s just a pity we missed out on that.

ReputationRep:
    meh.. i dont want germany in the final because the last 30 years or so.. germany/brazil has always been in a world cup final. So its something of a change... im getting sick and tired of those normal fluctuaions/patterns... for an event that happens only once in 4 years..

germany and france deserves to be in the final.. however i want italy to go through and france beat them so that italy would have a harder blow on their face

portugal is a lucky team, italy even luckier... they had very biased refereeing decisions that gave them at advantage... pissed me off tbh

All you Ronaldo apologists make me sick. The guy is a cheating ****. Rooney did not stamp on the guys *******s- do you think he would carry on playing after having a 13 stone bloke with studs go into his nads? He'd be in hospital.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    The future is not so bleak imo. Young players that have potential to become top top quality players- Rooney, Lennon, Micah Richards, Joey Barton (a **** though!), dean ashton, Reo-Coker, darren bent, defoe, dawson, carson, anton ferdinand, SWP, bradley wright philips. Plus a some others i've missed off no doubt, and the fact that more and more young players are knocking around ready to join the first teams.
    Exactly. I don't know why Joey Barton wasn't selected this time around to be honest, he wasn't on the stand by list was he?
    Also, if Matthew Kilgallon gets his arse into the Premiership soon (it's impending) he will almost certainly be in the England set up. We don't need to have a Rooney every year to win the world cup...but we will constantly get new players through. Infact, next world cup could be particularly exciting...many of this squad will be a fine age. Rooney on the other hand will be 25...just about to hit his peak. Now THAT is scary.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney;s temper got the best of him (as usual). Actually I think that him not being fully match fit and sharp played a hand in his frustration. Ronaldo exagerated a few fouls as well, I mean, after one challenge, he rolled over 3 times!
    Can Ronaldo and Rooney really play properly for man u after this happened?

ReputationRep:
    that for me wasnt deliberate, its just the way he happened to tread across made it look bad... i think the referee did not even saw it... i think rooneys nudge on ronaldo made the red

ReputationRep:
    Nuts have got nothing to do with it.
    Ronaldo purposely got someone sent off.
    His own TEAM MATE.
    And his wink suggested he was quite proud of it!
    He is a cheat, and it's behaviour like that which has marred the world cup and made football in general a very ugly and undignified sport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logan)
    meh.. i dont want germany in the final because the last 30 years or so.. germany/brazil has always been in a world cup final. So its something of a change... im getting sick and tired of those normal fluctuaions/patterns... for an event that happens only once in 4 years..

germany and france deserves to be in the final.. however i want italy to go through and france beat them so that italy would have a harder blow on their face

portugal is a lucky team, italy even luckier... they had very biased refereeing decisions that gave them at advantage... pissed me off tbh
    Hear Hear!! Todays rep goes to....

Ok, make that tommorows rep

ReputationRep:
    germany did not call their team a golden generation... a lot of its players can even play for the u-21's world cup....

so yes... you cannot say that we wont have a good chance in a long long time because in 4 years, we dont know what we can produce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logan)
    i think the referee did not even saw it... i think rooneys nudge on ronaldo made the red
    The Ref definitely saw it, he was virtually standing on Carvalho's nuts himself. He didn't react though- because he knew it was unintentional.

ReputationRep:
    If the situation was reversed and Ronaldo was the one who did the whole kicking in the *******s thing and then pushed Rooney they'd be even more mad at Ronaldo and be hailing Rooney as some poor innocent saint. We were never going to win. Portugal are just plain better.

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

and

:laugh:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.