Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Rooney got sent off because he is a violent thug who cannot control his temper. No other reason.

As a side question, do you think appealing for a player to be booked/sent off is any worse than appealing for a penalty? If not then why not?

ReputationRep:
    and svens constant 'defensive approach' was a compleat joke! sorry but if we had the extra stiker up there instead of relying on mr 'england' wayne rooney we could have had the goal by now!

ReputationRep:
    ronaldo simply was at the wrong place at the wrong time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Uhhh, no! Portugal could not even beat 10 man england, and never looked likely to do so. Portugal did not play that great and were not plain better!

Oh hi my names Xenon and I'm a sore loser.

didn't mean to repost that other thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Radioactive Phoenix*)
    and svens constant 'defensive approach' was a compleat joke! sorry but if we had the extra stiker up there instead of relying on mr 'england' wayne rooney we could have had the goal by now!
    Very true. The signs were there when despite Rooney playing very well as a lone striker against Ecuador, we could still only score from a free kick

Don't count on McClaren being any better though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Dynamite_)
    Well I'll agree that Portugal weren't at their best. At all. Your saying they are Rubbish??? Maybe. But England still couldn't get a goal past could they? So what does that make them (I'm talking pre Rooneys violent outburst here)??? And Portugal are the better team. Today when they were 'rubbish' they still won.
    Pre Rooney we were terrible, somehow whenever Rooney's playing we become a one-man team for some reason If we stopped doing that then I'm sure we would've stood a very good chance.
    After Rooney we were very good since we actually played more as a team, and its not easy scoring a goal with only 10 players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyopstv)
    Rooney got sent off because he is a violent thug who cannot control his temper. No other reason.

As a side question, do you think appealing for a player to be booked/sent off is any worse than appealing for a penalty? If not then why not?
    Yes it is worse. Trying to get someone sent off when he perhaps doesn;t deserve it shows no respect to the other player and is not sportsmanlike at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkened Angel)
    Pre Rooney we were terrible, somehow whenever Rooney's playing we become a one-man team for some reason If we stopped doing that then I'm sure we would've stood a very good chance.
    After Rooney we were very good since we actually played more as a team, and its not easy scoring a goal with only 10 players.
    I got fed up with the long ball, lets pass to rooney crap. that was schoolboy tactics!

ReputationRep:
    Oh hi my names Xenon and I'm a sore loser.

didn't mean to repost that other thing
    I;m cool with losing to Portugal. England still didn't play that great. I just don;t want you to go round with deluded visions of Portugal playing great, because they have not played that great, and will really have to up their game if they want to go further,

ReputationRep:
    We had a good go at winning. We were unlucky. Of course one would like to see them win but one must not despair. Let's get behind the team and hope they can win at Euro '08

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Radioactive Phoenix*)
    I got fed up with the long ball, lets pass to rooney crap. that was schoolboy tactics!
    Exactly! That really pisses me off, it played a huge part in England's downfall too

ReputationRep:
    Hargreaves was brilliant today and has more than proved his critics wrong this world cup. Was one of england's players of the tournament, definitely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkened Angel)
    Exactly! That really pisses me off, it played a huge part in England's downfall too
    we're meant to be england not wimbledon 88

ReputationRep:
    What's the Ronaldo wink incident that was mentioned?

ReputationRep:
    im an england fan and i dont blame ronaldo. what did he do?... he ran up to the ref as any player would because rooney stamped on 2 players (even tho it may not be intentional). then rooney pushed ronaldo and got sent off. i dont think we can blame ronaldo for rooney's behaviour. because he did that it doesnt mean he is a cheat.

the bbc pundits were clearly looking for a scapegoat.

i do agree taht the whole system is a bit ****ed up. figo got a yellow for headbutting (if he gota red he wouldnt have played today) and rooney gets a straight red for a little push. this has made the world cup stupid.

i dnt know why people are blaming ronaldo.. he did nothing majorly wrong. i think the majority are looking to blame ronaldo.

england could have done so much better if they played in a different style and formation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I;m cool with losing to Portugal. England still didn't play that great. I just don;t want you to go round with deluded visions of Portugal playing great, because they have not played that great, and will really have to up their game if they want to go further,

I didn't say they were great. I said they were better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3.14159265)
    i dnt know why people are blaming ronaldo.. he did nothing majorly wrong. i think the majority are looking to blame ronaldo.
    Rooney is an overrated player, thats all it is really. He deserved to be sent off, he shoved two players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3.14159265)
    im an england fan and i dont blame ronaldo. what did he do?... he ran up to the ref as any player would because rooney stamped on 2 players (even tho it may not be intentional). then rooney pushed ronaldo and got sent off. i dont think we can blame ronaldo for rooney's behaviour. because he did that it doesnt mean he is a cheat.

the bbc pundits were clearly looking for a scapegoat.

i do agree taht the whole system is a bit ****ed up. figo got a yellow for headbutting (if he gota red he wouldnt have played today) and rooney gets a straight red for a little push. this has made the world cup stupid.

england could have done so much better if they played in a different style and formation.
    It's not because he did that that he's been labelled a cheat. It's bacause of how he's played the game his whole career, and what we've seen of him since he joined ManU. Rooney stamped on two players?!?!

ReputationRep:
    i like the all black away kit for newcastle

I didn't say they were great. I said they were better.

They were not better. They could not beat 10 men England. The game was a draw. Penalties do not show one team to be superior to another.

What people are annoyed about is the 'tactics' employed by the greasy portugese. They are cheats. FACT.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.