Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah I am going to take my dads banner of the turkey flag etc Bit wary of taking to many colours though incase it kicks off outside. Probably wear a jacket over my shirt and take my scarf.

You going the FA Youth cup game night before? Might go up on friday and stay over for it, not too sure though yet.

ReputationRep:
    I Love non-league. my non-leage team is Havant and waterlooville. Looking for that elusive promotion to the conferance.

I Also want to Aldershot to get into the football league. they've worked so hard!

ReputationRep:
    Nah, my funds wont let me. Wish i could go but i cant.
    Im a bit wary with colours, but only cos i want to go out straight afterwards into town. To be fair, it aint going to kick off with 30,000 of us in the city centre.
    Ill be in normal clothes, but with me scarf on show.
    How you getting up there?

ReputationRep:
    all games are winable. But at least there away on 2 occasions and were away only once more, and thats wigan. i definatly think we can get something there!

ReputationRep:
    haha, I know. If I had to choose, I'd say:

a) Arsenal - I value the Champions League over the Premiership. If I was offered the choice of seeing Palace win the CL or the Prem, it would be the Champions League every time.
    b) Man Utd - Rooney and Ronaldo are an exciting prospect for years to come. Plus United are always there or there abouts, where as Arsenal historically aren't perennial title contenders, and their success next season depends on whether Henry stays with them. Having exciting youngsters is all well and good, but unless you produce results in the short term, those youngsters in months and years to come soon realise that success for them lies at another club. Man Utd on the other hand have Rooney, who I can't see leaving ever, and steady supply of cash to bring in the best players in the world, and an exciting time ahead what with them having to bring in a top class name or two to close the gap on Chelsea and having to find a new Manager in the next few years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    I can see milan getting back the deficit in barcelona, but i think its unlikely, especially from the way they have played, not only this game, but the game before too, they just really don't look like they even belong this far in the champions league on their last two performances.
    I think they have enough quality to be in the position they are now. Their defence was good last night considering that they were playing against a good attacking team.

I dont the fact that they are playing away means they have less chance of scoring. They just need abit of luck, like barca had last night. I thought a draw would have been a fair result last night. But i have confidence in the milan team and i think its not over just yet.

ReputationRep:
    The Dream Final : Arsenal vs Barca. Two glorious attacking teams - id prefer the Arse to get it but id be happy ( and its rare for me to feel like this about any big club ) to see Barcelona win it as well.

ReputationRep:
    After tonigth (which i am having doubts about...), Brum will not get another point this season... Might be worth sticking a fiver on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Im gona superglue the stickers down, there aint no chance your peeling them off.
    Criminal damage. :eek: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    You stuck your neck on the line Liam :rolleyes:

anyway i'd say...(a) Chelsea
    (b) Chelsea (why aren't spurs here!?)

Arsenal players cheat as much as chelsea
    Absolute bo11cks. The only cheat we have in our team is Pires who doesnt always start anymore and i havnt seen harldy any diving instances from him this year. Reyes goes down easily but he isnt a diver. Chelsea are a joke. Half their team dive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Criminal damage. :eek: :rolleyes:
    I'd expect the words Anfield, marker pens, fire, toilets, gates etc to be mentioned in a reply to that. Somehow, and unfortunately, your Francis Bacon quote seems incredibly appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    Reyes does dive. Bergkamp is a cheat, but not for diving though, he's awesome at commiting crimes when the ref isn't looking

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer Arsenal to win it. Let them leave Highbury with a trophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Absolute bo11cks. The only cheat we have in our team is Pires who doesnt always start anymore and i havnt seen harldy any diving instances from him this year. Reyes goes down easily but he isnt a diver. Chelsea are a joke. Half their team dive
    You havn't seen much diving at Arsenal this year because Cole and Pires, as you say, have missed most of the season. Reyes goes down a bit too easily too often, which is just as bad as diving imo. You can cheat in ways other than diving, the Reyes rolling back on to the pitch vs Madrid incident springs to mind.

Arsenal are historically more of a cheating/dirty side over the last 5 or 6 years than chelsea- what's your disciplinary record like? I remember famous Bergkamp and Campbell elbowing incidents (both punished), not to mention Van Persie getting away with kicking Man U players at OT. They also convinced Mark Halsey to reverse a penalty decision for Fulham. I don't watch too much of Arsenal these days, so I'm sure there have been other incidents.

Oh, I just remembered that half of your defence did a number on Nedved, elbows etc.

ReputationRep:
    Personally i would rather be in Spurs or Blackburn's position than any of the 4 clubs that have been listed.... Domestically they have both improved drastically - Arsenal have slipped down the league, Liverpool have climbed two places and Man Utd and Chelsea are the same... obviously being in the CL is a dream for all clubs, but i prefer domestic football (maybe because its all Blackburn are ever in )...

For the future i would like the Spurs or Arsenal squad... Arsenal have a lot young talent - fabregas not least... But i think if henry leaves (which is looking lilely from his interview yesterday!!!) they will be a far less a force. if Spurs can sign someone like Joe Cole to go on the left of midfield, i can see them being a real force in the Premiership next season.

ReputationRep:
    You havn't seen much diving at Arsenal this year because Cole and Pires, as you say, have missed most of the season. Reyes goes down a bit too easily too often, which is just as bad as diving imo. You can cheat in ways other than diving, the Reyes rolling back on to the pitch vs Madrid incident springs to mind.

Arsenal are historically more of a cheating/dirty side over the last 5 or 6 years than chelsea- what's your disciplinary record like? I remember famous Bergkamp and Campbell elbowing incidents (both punished), not to mention Van Persie getting away with kicking Man U players at OT. They also convinced Mark Halsey to reverse a penalty decision for Fulham. I don't watch too much of Arsenal these days, so I'm sure there have been other incidents.

Oh, I just remembered that half of your defence did a number on Nedved, elbows etc.
    75% of Arsenals diving/cheating went to Juventus with Patrick Vierra.... They are not as bad as when he played for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    The only cheat we have in our team is Pires who doesnt always start anymore and i havnt seen harldy any diving instances from him this year. Reyes goes down easily but he isnt a diver.
    Even if you go down easily that is cheating, since Robben has that stigma. And I am quite sure Roy Keane will have a say about Ashley Cole who tried to con the referee out of a penalty.

And half of the Chelsea team dive do they? Let's see Drogba and Robben are the known divers. I suppose you could also include Joe Cole. But half of the team? Name them then. Don't forget you said divers, which is rather specific rather than those who have tried and/or got away with cheating generally.

ReputationRep:

'Reyes goes down a bit too easily too often, which is just as bad as diving imo'

What a stupid comment! There is nothing wrong with going to down fairly easily IF YOU ARE FOULED so that you get the correct decision. Diving is a whole different matter.

'Arsenal are historically more of a cheating/dirty side over the last 5 or 6 years than chelsea'

Historically probably but not at this point in time

'I remember famous Bergkamp and Campbell elbowing incidents (both punished), not to mention Van Persie getting away with kicking Man U players at OT. They also convinced Mark Halsey to reverse a penalty decision for Fulham'

Bergkamp is dirty and it was a nasty incident but im not sure it was completely intentional. The campbell incident was farcical. Never intentional in a million years, I have always maintained Solskjaer should have got an oscar for that performance.

The penalty was never a penalty since A.Cole got a touch on the ball. Nothing wrong with convincing the ref to make the right decision imo

ReputationRep:
    Oh jesus christ. Every team has its divers. Modern day football is full of over priced, over hyped CHEATS. Every league, every country, every team, every club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    Personally i would rather be in Spurs or Blackburn's position than any of the 4 clubs that have been listed.... Domestically they have both improved drastically - Arsenal have slipped down the league, Liverpool have climbed two places and Man Utd and Chelsea are the same... obviously being in the CL is a dream for all clubs, but i prefer domestic football (maybe because its all Blackburn are ever in )...

For the future i would like the Spurs or Arsenal squad... Arsenal have a lot young talent - fabregas not least... But i think if henry leaves (which is looking lilely from his interview yesterday!!!) they will be a far less a force. if Spurs can sign someone like Joe Cole to go on the left of midfield, i can see them being a real force in the Premiership next season.
    So you would rather be in with 50% chance of getting into the champions league rather than be premiership champions, winning the fa cup or in the semi of the champions league?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.