Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

(Original post by Darkened Angel)
    Rooney is an overrated player, thats all it is really. He deserved to be sent off, he shoved two players.

LOL. And were those 'shoves' enough to warrent a straight red? Of course not. Don't talk ****.

ReputationRep:
    Will Terry be playing nxt world cup?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he will be captain. The passion he showed at the end of the game showed he is captain material.

Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, Robbo, Rooney, Lennon, Carrick - will all be there in 4 years if we need them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    They were not better. They could not beat 10 men England. The game was a draw. Penalties do not show one team to be superior to another.

What people are annoyed about is the 'tactics' employed by the greasy portugese. They are cheats. FACT.

So's your face.

ReputationRep:
    Time of the month?

(Original post by _Dynamite_)
    So's your face.
    Fiesty! Me love you long time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logan)
    meh.. i dont want germany in the final because the last 30 years or so.. germany/brazil has always been in a world cup final. So its something of a change... im getting sick and tired of those normal fluctuaions/patterns... for an event that happens only once in 4 years..

germany and france deserves to be in the final.. however i want italy to go through and france beat them so that italy would have a harder blow on their face

portugal is a lucky team, italy even luckier... they had very biased refereeing decisions that gave them at advantage... pissed me off tbh
    so you dont think Germany were lucky against Argentina? France are starting to peak now but they looked **** in the group stage.

I think your rather harsh on italy - apart from the penalty incident (which was debatableb - opinion is very much divided on it) i dont know what other decisions you're referring to? materazzi getting wrongly sent off? kuffor not getting sent off after hacking down Iaquinta? Camoranesi not getting a pen last night after being fouled? Theyve also got pretty lucky with Nesta, Iaquinta, Vieri and Diana injuries.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It if comes down to Germany v France in the Finals...Germany will win...good atmosphere for them...home crowd will back them throughout and that itself will get the adrenaline kicking...

ReputationRep:
    You will feel my wrath

You will feel my wrath
    Your just getting me excited now.

ReputationRep:
    So's your face.
    Haha.
    Serious question, how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    Haha.
    Serious question, how old are you?
    I wasn't the one who lowered the tone. If you cared to look at all the facts. Although CLEARLY you do not. Goodbye, you are dismissed.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't the one who lowered the tone. If you cared to look at all the facts. Although CLEARLY you do not. Goodbye, you are dismissed.
    That was a serious question, but it's up to you not to answer it.
    What facts have i missed?

ReputationRep:
    **** Ronaldo, the sooner he pisses off to Spain or something the better.

ReputationRep:
    Hargreaves should get a medal. Or at least some cheesecake.
    For a player that is supposed to fill a thankless task, he was quite high profile in his effectiveness. Defensively, brilliant and he managed to get forward regularly enough, and still get back to continue his defensive duties when Portugal broke quickly! I don't know how he managed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    That was a serious question, but it's up to you not to answer it.
    What facts have i missed?

I thought you were mocking my 'so's your face' comment. Saying I was immature. The fact I was saying you missed out was he was being a little racist and I didn't want to go into a racial debate so I wrote that. I'm 20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spamking)
    If Ronaldo stamped on gerrards nuts then wouldn't you expect the England players to protest? IMO you're being too harsh on him and besides even if Rooney didn't get sent off I doubt that we would have won, sorry but Rooney isnt that great. Infact, England played much better after Rooney got sent off.

I didnt catch the whole wink scene, what happened?
    Hear hear!! About time someone had some sense. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Yup, he played exceptionally well today.

We might have thought he was useless at the beginning of the tournament, but it's a shame that the other players did not play up to his par

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were mocking my 'so's your face' comment. Saying I was immature. The fact I was saying you missed out was he was being a little racist and I didn't want to go into a racial debate so I wrote that. I'm 20.
    No, i thought it was funny, but it did come across as a little immature, and maybe counter-productive in an anti racism/xenaphobia argument.

ReputationRep:
    Dynamite what makes you think that Portugal played better than England? Sure the scoreline says Portugal won but the only one of their players that actually did something was Ricardo, even though he had easy saves to make.

I heard something a while back about some italian player who played in the premiership, who knocked out England in some major tournament and was driven out of the country. Piss off the boys down Manchester and they will burn Ronaldo alive.. which is what I hope happens

Kudos to Zizou for making a joke of the Brazil team as well.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.