• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Heil Sven - Tony please bomb Portugal out of existence

ReputationRep:
    Well you weren't watching the game...I'm guessing you were trashing the toilets or something

ReputationRep:
    I dont think Carvahlo is a good defender at all. He does wayyyyy to much stuff behind the ref, i.e. Chelsea v Barca. holding valdes and he just doesnt know how to defend. He's all over the place trying to kill people, i.e. the world cup match against the dutch. ahh. i just hate the guy very very much and his face just annoys me too :p:

ReputationRep:
    well well well...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Strange to resign as skipper, but not resign altogether

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Unexpected

ReputationRep:
    Not really, he has got a lot of stick from everyone, i think he knew the time was right, give someone else a chance now.

Maybe its a way he can show he is good enough for england and not just in the squad because he is captain?

ReputationRep:
    You what?

Click Here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    Maybe its a way he can show he is good enough for england and not just in the squad because he is captain?
    yeah I guess so. It was an odd press conference. He was reading from a script, whilst sobbing, and the press all clapped at the end strangely (whether that was because they were happy or to say 'that's very brave of you' I don't know- I presume it was the latter).

ReputationRep:
    Missed it, my £15 down the drain (Pulled Brazil at work, thought i was well lucky!)... and the worst bit is the bloody french are in. The semi's are going to rubbish....

The French, well enough said really, Portugal... diving poofy scumbags, Italy, yeah, diving poofy scumbags as well, come on Germany!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RAYPLETTS)
    No it wasn't it was Carvahlo - I was at Stamford bridge!
    Whoever it was, Rooney just landed awkwardly so it doesn't matter. If you want to blame anyone, blame whoever made his boots. Well, blame whoever designed them, not the small child in some Indonesian sweat shop who actually made them. They have a hell of a time as it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    Yeah i've got a thought. England have just been dumped out of the world cup. **** your boots.
    I don't care - I don't support England. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hargreaves definately man of the match yesterday, for me. Lennon a close second. Never rated Hargreaves before, but yesterday we saw why he deserves to put the shirt on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    yeah I guess so. It was an odd press conference. He was reading from a script, whilst sobbing, and the press all clapped at the end strangely (whether that was because they were happy or to say 'that's very brave of you' I don't know- I presume it was the latter).
    **** --really? Any video links?

(Original post by fundamentally)
    Ronaldo did the right thing.
    Rooney was a mean spirited player and a cheat.
    Load of *******s.

ReputationRep:
    Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, Robbo, Rooney, Lennon, Carrick - will all be there in 4 years if we need them.
    They might give Theo a run once he's in his teens as well

ReputationRep:
    I listened on 1089 talksport...it's being repeated right now

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm ... theres a link to the video on there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    **** --really? Any video links?
    Go to the BBC website

ReputationRep:
    Shame to see him step down, but the right time probably

Will be interesting to see who gets the captaincy

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.