Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

(Original post by 3.14159265)
    if your calling ronaldo a cheat... then nearly every player is a cheat. england had no chance of beating the big teams this time.
    So we didn't have a chance in beating portugal? They were a lot better than us yesterday? That is what you are saying?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    bitter are we??

how ironic, a brazilian fan complaining about diving. I suppose you have forgotten the antics of Adriano, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho?:rolleyes:
    And who could forget Rivaldo's face clutching the the last world cup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    So we didn't have a chance in beating portugal? They were a lot better than us yesterday? That is what you are saying?:confused:
    im saying we could not beat the likes of france, argentina, brazil.

throughout the tournament england were average. are you saying they played brilliant football consistently?

ReputationRep:
    im glad brazil are out, they are very over rated, and they dive as well like yesterday when ronaldo got someone booked.

i think 3 of the teams left are the best in the competition, argentina should be in the top 4, but they had to play germany and they were unlucky.

(Original post by 3.14159265)
    im saying we could not beat the likes of france, argentina, brazil.

throughout the tournament england were average. are you saying they played brilliant football consistently?
    No. But there is always a chance England can beat any team on the day.

ReputationRep:
    No, he is not saying england played great football, he is saying we were not outplayed yesterday....

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but Brasil do not dive to the extent of Portugal / Italy. I was discusted by Ronaldo, myself.

ReputationRep:
    yea probably terry.

ReputationRep:
    Joh Terry, after hsi incredible performance at the world cup it has to be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilMc)
    Yes, but Brasil do not dive to the extent of Portugal / Italy. I was discusted by Ronaldo, myself.
    yea i agree, especially the penalty against australia.

ReputationRep:
    look... for the 1st 2 hours after the game i was pissed off at the portugese for how they dived and ran to the ref. that was wrong. but every 1 seems to be blaming ronaldo for rooney being sent off. he got sent off for stamping on carvalho. not for pushing ronaldo.

ReputationRep:
    You have seen the referees report then?

ReputationRep:
    I think you're deluding yourself, and it would help if you could spell disgusted.

ReputationRep:
    Time to let Gerrard take control and unleash him.

ReputationRep:
    It will be John Terry

ReputationRep:
    :ottid: :ottid: :ottid:
    you have summed up exactly what i was thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    You have seen the referees report then?
    The ref made a stamping motion when talking to rooney, pointed at carvalho and then got out his red card. I dont know if the stamp was intentional or not but I think the red card was the correct decision.

I dont see what Ronaldo has done differently to so many other footballers. This whole issue of getting into the referee's face when something happens is horrible. Lehman does it all the time, Roy Keane always used to do it, Gary neville the same. It's ****e and ronaldo is not the first and wont be the last.

ReputationRep:
    Terry

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but personally think it should be Gerrard.
    Anyway, just watched the press confrence and i almost felt like crying. I could feel his emotion he was an excellent captain. Pure Love for the shirt

ReputationRep:
    France - Well, Apart from Zidane, I despise them. And the last match against spain, the free kick resulting in the first goal was an HENRY DIVE! This is not speculation, this is FACT.
    Henry didnt dive idiot

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.