60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Dive and Playacting go hand in hand.

ReputationRep:
    Probably JT but id like to see Gerrard take it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Probably JT but id like to see Gerrard take it
    Agreed would love to see Gerrard take it, but John Terry is the more likely candidate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Henry didnt dive idiot
    O Rly?

He may have had a bit of a push, but you can't deny he made it out to be ALOT worse than it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil.)
    O Rly?

He may have had a bit of a push, but you can't deny he made it out to be ALOT worse than it was.
    Thank you! Your getting rep for that, and for the fact your name rules! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilMc)
    Yes, but Brasil do not dive to the extent of Portugal / Italy. I was discusted by Ronaldo, myself.
    I'm really quite convinced Grosso didn't dive, it's so evident from his reaction after he goes down because he really wanted to score that goal for his country, while I'm not convinced Neill motioned his hand towards Grosso's foot intentionally I do think that's what tripped Grosso over -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2PgG...ef%20australia (Neill's arm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXNc-...&search=grosso (Grosso's reaction)

As for other instances of diving by Italy, I guess there were a few in the USA game, but considering how many times American players were fouling in that game i'm not suprised a few players might have exaggerated, I remember Eddie Pope being a bit theatrical too in that game..

ReputationRep:
    I'm still a bit suprised he stepped down tbh.. must have been hard, i dont think McClaren would have stripped him of the privildge so he could've stayed captain until he retired, which i would has guessed at the next WC once hes 35.. (maybe the Euro @ 33 though...)
    But yea why not...

Owen cant be so influential as hes a quiet poacher and goes missing for half the match :p:
    Neville is also getting on in age, he would be a short term replacement *shrugs*
    Ferdinand... i dont rate, hes not even captain at his current club
    Lampard? BWHAHAHA :p: umm yea right...
    John Terry... meh i suppose but as Chelsea buy more and more players, he will get over shadowed i mean you have Shevchenko and Ballack who are authoritive figures joining along with Makelele and Eissen too perhaps...
    Gerrard for captain! (maybe a tad bias but meh)

ReputationRep:
    I too would like to see Terry as captain. He really has matured so much as a player in recent years and he's a great leader and motivator, which we know all about from his achievements with Chelsea! He's also probably one of the most consistent players in the England side! I really felt for Terry after yesterday's game...he really deserved to be on the winning side!

ReputationRep:
    I'd love Gerrard to get it but I think it will be Terry.

ReputationRep:
    Lennon, definitely.

I don't think Gerrard should be the captain.

ReputationRep:
    It has to be JT!

:eek: He should have stayed to Euro 08.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Yes, but personally think it should be Gerrard.
    Anyway, just watched the press confrence and i almost felt like crying. I could feel his emotion he was an excellent captain. Pure Love for the shirt
    Forget Gerrard.

The england captaincy is a burden, one that Stevie could do without

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Grosso dived either. If there was that contact on Grosso, but it was made by Moore's legs, no-one would be complaining. Grosso would have to properly vault over Craig Moore who's just thrown himself into his path. Moore has gone to ground in front of Grosso, hasn't got the ball but has got the player and has stopped Grosso from shooting from a very good position

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Forget Gerrard.

The england captaincy is a burden, one that Stevie could do without
    Excellent point, i dont think he would want it either actually.
    He likes his private life to stay private.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    The ref made a stamping motion when talking to rooney, pointed at carvalho and then got out his red card. I dont know if the stamp was intentional or not but I think the red card was the correct decision.
    If it was unintentional, ie, Rooney just put his foot on Carvalho as he fell under him. You could say he just accidentally stood on him, how could that be deserving of a red card?

ReputationRep:
    David James, if not, I'd have to give it to Paul Ince.

ReputationRep:
    To make it simple, England lost because they are ****.. All they can do is make excuses. They can never admit that they are crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3.14159265)
    im saying we could not beat the likes of france, argentina, brazil.

throughout the tournament england were average. are you saying they played brilliant football consistently?
    France didnt play well until the knockout stages

ReputationRep:
    It is no secret that we were playing better and better by the game.

Blame it on Ronaldo for Rooney's departure, and Rooney's departure to England's downfall.

Well, you never know what could've happened if Rooney stayed on. Maybe we would've won 2-0, maybe we would've lost 0-1 due to an own goal by Rooney?!

But as far as I know, England and Portugal were on the same level yesterday before Rooney got sent off, and we had every chance of winning, every chance of winning with 11 men on the field. Because of that, I hate Ronaldo as I think he is the only reason why Rooney got sent off, which ultimately ruined our chances of going through. If Ronaldo hadn't ran that mile to the ref, I think Rooney would've got a yellow.

Blame? Rooney and Ronaldo. That stamp didn't look that accidental, and running 20 yards to ask for a [red] card made matters worse.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.