Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Who was he winking to, it wasn't scolari thats for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felicity9)
    Well, Vintage, nice try...was looking like a good thread. Come on people, if Newcastle are so useless, the fans so 'self-deluded', why the animosity?
    id like to see if fans of Chelsea Man Utd and Liverpool would be around if they hadnt of won anything for 50 years.. simple answer would they hell. Im proud to say im a Newcastle Supporter and not glory hunting scum.

Roeders just in charge till we've groomed Shearer to take over!

And its quite obvious Mellie is a man utd fan. bitter that he turned you down. Shearer was one of the best strikers englands ever had. i was there at his testimonial and it was amazing the roof of the stadium lifted off pretty much. your just pretty narrow minded and arrogant to call shearer a bad player. so go talk about something you actually know about!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by decola)
    I'm really quite convinced Grosso didn't dive, it's so evident from his reaction after he goes down because he really wanted to score that goal for his country, while I'm not convinced Neill motioned his hand towards Grosso's foot intentionally I do think that's what tripped Grosso over -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2PgG...ef%20australia (Neill's arm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXNc-...&search=grosso (Grosso's reaction)

As for other instances of diving by Italy, I guess there were a few in the USA game, but considering how many times American players were fouling in that game i'm not suprised a few players might have exaggerated, I remember Eddie Pope being a bit theatrical too in that game..
    Grosso was already on his way down when he left his foot out to roll over Neills body

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zlatan)
    Blackburn having to sack Souness: - 1.8 million
    Newcastle United giving Blackburn compensation for taking Souness: + 1.8 Million
    The players Souness brought into Newcastle: £50 Million

Seeing Souness **** up Newcastle United.... Priceless

I also enjoy watching Newcastle fans on Match of the day, It's not everyday you get to see fifty thousand fat, ginger, skin heads, all dressed up as bar codes.
    And Souness being put in charge was a pisstake.. not 1 fan wanted him, Luckily theres a consortium thats buying out Sir John Halls' shares in Newcastle. which is 29.9% compared to that of Freddy Shepards' 28%.

Freddy Shepards made some stupid decisions. but i praise him on the £ hes put into Newcastle. if we buy two class strikers and stay clear of injuries we have a class team.

Given
    Ramage, Taylor, Moore, Babayaro (maybe new left back needed then)
    Solano, Parker, Emre, N'Zogbia
    Amoebi Luque (see what i mean)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil.)
    O Rly?

He may have had a bit of a push, but you can't deny he made it out to be ALOT worse than it was.
    Funny how Economist doesn't advocate that Henry dived here despite an exaggeration clearly shown in the video. And what was his view about Robben? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ^ Ronaldo ran no where near 40, 20 yards. Look at the vid he only ran a few paces (less than ten probs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zlatan)
    Grosso was already on his way down when he left his foot out to roll over Neills body
    He had already caught his leg on Neills body, my point was that the arm out was what made him fall rather than just stumble onward and was what got Grosso the penalty.

ReputationRep:
    i havent seen italy dive much this world cup

ReputationRep:
    ^ Makes all the difference?

ReputationRep:
    I think its sad that England fans as long as I can remember have had to choose a "villian" for what everyone believes an early departure from a major international competition. In recent years people have steered away from blaming "the penalty-takers", and have worse started to blame those not even in the England side; whether it be the ref or some cocky lad on the other team... it's pathetic! England lost yesterday and always lose because of themselves.. i.e. group under performance.
    It used to be tremendously sad when England supporters used to solo out the "token" missed penalty taker or the goal keeper that just had no chance against a free kick on goal that wasn't even meant for goal. But at least then that blame was in a way sympathetic for that player and actually directed at an England performance, despite it being a single players misfortune, when really the whole side had not performed. The new trend of not even recognising that the England team may have not met expectations, under performed throughout, or even done as best as they could, is downright idiotic. How can people blame Ronaldo for acting like Man Utd would expect him 2 for Utd, or if he was an English player how he would inevitably would for England. I'm not saying its correct behaviour, but we call it passion and when you play for your country its the very least that you should display. Even though I have never been Ronaldo's biggest fan, or any fan of any description, the poor lad (who lets face it cries like a newborn) will be lynched when he comes back to playing for Utd in August and its not fair when England should identify their own inadequacies for the defeat!!

ReputationRep:
    if sven was still in charge. young theo probs would of been made captain

ReputationRep:
    My team -- Argentina..!!
    :thumpdown :banghead: :frown:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by decola)
    He had already caught his leg on Neills body, my point was that the arm out was what made him fall rather than just stumble onward and was what got Grosso the penalty.
    Leave Lucas alone, he would never deliberately go out of his way to hurt someone.

ReputationRep:
    Italy for the World Cup!

ReputationRep:
    i side with France...but had a pre-concieved thought that brazil would win..
    France did deserve it :yy:

ReputationRep:
    An absolute legend who I will sorely miss as England captain. Whatever people say about him he has always given 110% for his country and remained as the calming influence within the England team itself which is just what you need when you have such highly-strung players as Rooney in the squad. Even when results weren't going our way, he never resorted or let his fellow players resort to the kind of play-acting and whinging that Portugal do.

Thanks Becks for everything and let's just hope we can finally achieve success in 2008 while he is still an England player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    I think its sad that England fans as long as I can remember have had to choose a "villian" for what everyone believes an early departure from a major international competition. In recent years people have steered away from blaming "the penalty-takers", and have worse started to blame those not even in the England side; whether it be the ref or some cocky lad on the other team... it's pathetic! England lost yesterday and always lose because of themselves.. i.e. group under performance.
    It used to be tremendously sad when England supporters used to solo out the "token" missed penalty taker or the goal keeper that just had no chance against a free kick on goal that wasn't even meant for goal. But at least then that blame was in a way sympathetic for that player and actually directed at an England performance, despite it being a single players misfortune, when really the whole side had not performed. The new trend of not even recognising that the England team may have not met expectations, under performed throughout, or even done as best as they could, is downright idiotic. How can people blame Ronaldo for acting like Man Utd would expect him 2 for Utd, or if he was an English player how he would inevitably would for England. I'm not saying its correct behaviour, but we call it passion and when you play for your country its the very least that you should display. Even though I have never been Ronaldo's biggest fan, or any fan of any description, the poor lad (who lets face it cries like a newborn) will be lynched when he comes back to playing for Utd in August and its not fair when England should identify their own inadequacies for the defeat!!
    If that's passion then long may our heartless football continue. Yes we only have ourselves to blame for our poor performances but in this World Cup and under Sven's reign as manager we have always (Rooney excepted) played with dignity and fairly which is more than can be said for the Portuguese. In the words of Shearer, "thank God we didn't get Scolari" if that's the way he teaches his players to behave.

ReputationRep:
    France v. Germany final. Then we'll see the beautiful game how it's supposed to be played! I look forward to France mincing Scolari's Portugal in the Semis

ReputationRep:
    I was a big fan of Becks, and im glad that he stepped down, his time in the England team is now limited, and i really cant see him being the starting RM at Euro 08. gave 110% all the time, i dont think he was the best captain out there but hey he did an ok job. Terry or Gerrard to take over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schmitz)
    If that's passion then long may our heartless football continue. Yes we only have ourselves to blame for our poor performances but in this World Cup and under Sven's reign as manager we have always (Rooney excepted) played with dignity and fairly which is more than can be said for the Portuguese. In the words of Shearer, "thank God we didn't get Scolari" if that's the way he teaches his players to behave.
    If an English player had done what Ronaldo did in opposing circumstances, it wouldn't have been comented on the next day... What I'm trying to say is what Ronaldo did was only natural, not to say its right however, but it is usual!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.