Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    On the news this morning they told us about David Beckham before they told us that two British soldiers were killed in Afghanistan, that is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rewmck)
    On the news this morning they told us about David Beckham before they told us that two British soldiers were killed in Afghanistan, that is ridiculous.
    That is bloody Ridiculous, what news channel was that? BBC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lofty)
    Missed it, my £15 down the drain (Pulled Brazil at work, thought i was well lucky!)... and the worst bit is the bloody french are in. The semi's are going to rubbish....

The French, well enough said really, Portugal... diving poofy scumbags, Italy, yeah, diving poofy scumbags as well, come on Germany!!!
    What the semi's are going to be rubbish because England arent in them?:rolleyes:

The semis are the same as euro 2000 (italy vs hosts, france vs portugal), and both of those games were classics 6 years ago.

Whats wrong with the French? seems like you're just going on old stereotypes which is pretty pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    I was not actually as disappointed when England got knocked out, compared to the Euro 2004 exit. Lets face it, we knew that with an incompetent manager it wasn't going to happen.
    Which other team changes their system of play half way through the world cup without a proper striker? Sven still refused to admit it was his fault that we had to change the system because he hadnt bought enough strikers. Not to mention the fact we couldnt knock the ball around in the whole tournament until we were reduced to 10.

Anyway, i was kinda expecting an exit. He has surely wasted one of the best opportunities. Euro 2008 is a possiblity, the next world cup is HIGHLY unlikely since its staged in South Africa and the English just cant handle those temperatures.

I'm glad Becks wont be captain though, he wasn't captain material from the start. I cant see him featuring in the first team after the European Cup. Terry should get it-- Gerrard's performances havent quite been good enough.

After all the hype of having the the best midfield in the world (second to Brasil i reckon), our midfield wasn't good. Lampard/Gerrard couldnt produce when it mattered.

ReputationRep:
    The England team were supposed to be concentrating on the world cup when they were in Germany, and not be flirting with their girlfriends etc, its diobolical. This could also be a factor in Englands loss..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    What the semi's are going to be rubbish because England arent in them?:rolleyes:

The semis are the same as euro 2000 (italy vs hosts, france vs portugal), and both of those games were classics 6 years ago.

Whats wrong with the French? seems like you're just going on old stereotypes which is pretty pathetic.
    If you require an explantion here we go..

Euro 2000 my form tutor was French, and she put us in detention because we were supporting England and not France :rolleyes: Wrote on the slip that it was because of rowdiness, hich wasn't true! We were innocent year 7/8's though who wouldnt have argued it. Then in 2002 a different french form tutor did the same because we were cheering on Senegal (and they won) so we were banned from watching games at school.

And yes, probably going on old stereotypes, but i do have a passionate dislike for them, all the ones i have met seem so far up their own arse its unbelieveable :p:

And i never said that they would be rubbish because England aren't there? Lets be honest, Italy and Portigal have earnt quite a reputation for diving, the French generally seem to be disliked by most people...lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolworld37)
    The England team were supposed to be concentrating on the world cup when they were in Germany, and not be flirting with their girlfriends etc, its diobolical. This could also be a factor in Englands loss..
    This could also be a factor in the identical thread about 5 threads down..... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    this is a stupid question but i just forgot the name of the title which individual players get sometimes (not necessarily in world cup) for being good... for example ronaldinho was first and lampard was second.... whats the name of that title?? mr football or what?

ReputationRep:
    FIFA World Player of the Year.

ReputationRep:
    thanks knogle!

ReputationRep:
    and. what is this "world player of the year" based on???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candystrippa)
    and. what is this "world player of the year" based on???
    Wikipedia has a brief but concise writeup on this award.

ReputationRep:
    ^I agree.
    LoL @ french teacher...

I can't believe Brazil's out maannn. But France did have like 3 other perfectly easy oppurtunities to score.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    All those teams left bar Portugal are better than England. England would have been the weakest team left (certainly on form) had we qualified for the semi's.

ReputationRep:
    To relax, to know their families are safe while they're away, so they have someone they know outside the team to talk to.
    Trust me, i've been on long sports tours and they can sometimes get very boring and frustrating, it's good to get away for a couple of hours with someone not associated with the sport, it helped the team, not caused them to go out of the world cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    Another UTD fan joins the bandwagon of defending Ronaldo.
    Listen up nobend, Ronaldo didn't make Rooney stamp on Carvalho, Rooney made Rooney stamp on Carvalho. Whether Ronaldo got involved or not is irrelevant since the referee had already deemed the red card was for the stamping offence, not for the push.

Really, I can't wait to play Blackburn next season now.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it wasn't the main news show, it was the bit of news that is attached to that politics show.

ReputationRep:
    Well if it wasn't for Rooney's incident then he could be one of the choices...but I tihnk he still might be up for captaincy...it might make it that maturer and stronger person...

Anywho, who knows...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cano234)
    That is bloody Ridiculous, what news channel was that? BBC
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...nd/5138288.stm

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.