Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GεεRTHAN)
    Well if it wasn't for Rooney's incident then he could be one of the choices...but I tihnk he still might be up for captaincy...it might make it that maturer and stronger person...

Anywho, who knows...
    No way will Rooney be in with a sniff, even before yesterday. Can only be Terry or Gerrard. I'd stick my neck out and say it will be Terry.

ReputationRep:
    More to come from BBC sport.

ReputationRep:
    good News then

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ed/5118134.stm

There you go-the link to the story. It;s nice to see Owen smiling again. The story said that he's on course to come back start of 2007.

(Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Listen up nobend, Ronaldo didn't make Rooney stamp on Carvalho, Rooney made Rooney stamp on Carvalho. Whether Ronaldo got involved or not is irrelevant since the referee had already deemed the red card was for the stamping offence, not for the push.

Really, I can't wait to play Blackburn next season now.
    Has the ref released his post match report then?

I can't wait till you play blackburn either. I hope lucas neill breaks him. You know pedersen is guaranteed to score against you as well don't you?

ReputationRep:
    I've just watched the German news (Prosieben) at 8pm, and they showed less of the elation and joy of the World Cup, but actually showed a video montage of a (quite stirring rendition) of "You'll Never Walk Alone" sung by England fans after the Portugal game...

What struck me is that they indispersed it with Brazil fans who were constantly complaining about France, and wailing and howling despite having won the World Cup more than anybody else; the English in comparison were stoic and graceful, and I was thoroughly moved. Congratulations England for taking it so well!

ReputationRep:
    Rooney- Captain, you're joking right? Its going to be either Gerrard or Terry, maybe Nevelle.

ReputationRep:
    if a player on the oposing team stamped on 1 of your players would you or would you not go up to the ref? whats the most natural thing to do?

unfortunately cos of the narrow minded amongst us ronaldo will have a hard time playing at united for the time he is there.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if thered be any champions league match around that time? Its a dream o go watch one and especially hear that crazy music!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watford110)
    Unless you are willing to pay a lot of money you wont get a ticket for Fulham v Chelsea. It is one of the few Fulham games that will actually be a sell-out!! With regards to Arsenal v Sheff Utd again you might struggle to get a ticket. Some of my mates are Arsenal members and they reckon they will be lucky to get in more than a handful of games such is the demand and interest generated by the move to Ashburton & Grove.

Why not try a Championship game. Crystal Palace happen to be at home to Coventry City that weekend. The two clubs are both expected to challenge for promotion to the premiership and this game should be a cracker (& cheaper than Arsenal). The only problem with this is that it is a nightmare to get too and from Selhurst Park, its an absoloute dump and one of the worst locations for a football ground with regards to getting there.
    Il be in London that time and itl be pretty tough for me to travel around these places. I can just go see a game in London. And the reason i wanted to see Fulham vs Chelsea is coz of Shevchenko! Would love to see him play

England- best fans in the world. FACT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spamking)
    Rooney- Captain, you're joking right? Its going to be either Gerrard or Terry, maybe Nevelle.
    narrr. it will be Gerrard.

ReputationRep:
    It’s pretty sad that once again we as a nation of football lovers (apart from a few) have failed to see the bigger picture. Which is we were simply not good enough, at no stage did our England team install me with the belief that we could actually win the “world cup” and the notion of “at the end of the day it the result that matter” which I heard on so many different occasions can only be carried to a certain extent if used as a excuse. Cause honestly how many of you truly believe that Greece are the best European side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYE)
    Who was he winking to, it wasn't scolari thats for sure.
    Why is that for sure?

ReputationRep:
    Now that england have lost 5 shoot outs, is it time now to get rid of penalty shoot outs as the final tie-braker. after all the better team of the game is not always the one that wins the penalty shoot-out

any suggestions what we could replace it with!

ReputationRep:
    I personally think Gerrard should be captain as he is one of the players who didn't perform bad in the world cup and i think midfield position will influence the whole team, not at his best though in world cup, but Terry is most likely.

Terry also hasn't had a bad world cup aswell, neither of these players performed their best but either way, they are class players. As for Lampard, no way. I do think Beckham has served well over the past but it's time for him to pass it down to a more influential player like Gerrard or Terry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    You know pedersen is guaranteed to score against you as well don't you?
    If he's still there.

But I do know that we're due to beat them shortly, and let you know about it when we do.

Ta.

ReputationRep:
    No, leave it as it is

ReputationRep:
    I do think it is a bad way to win, but what else can be done? It shows the teams are virtually even so it will rely on a mistake by one team when they are knackered if you just carry on.

ReputationRep:
    bit reactionary.

Official FIFA Statement

"Due to England losing 5 penalty shoot-outs, we need to redress the balance, so the following policy will now be adopted. Penalties will still be standard in the event of a tie after extra time unless one of the teams is England, in which case they will be designated winners"

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.