Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dschingis)
    I'm didn't know about it being a Liverpool song up to now.
    No? Its one of the most famous 'anthems' in football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dschingis)
    I'm didn't know about it being a Liverpool song up to now.
    You're joking? I didn't find it funny :s:

Weird jokes these days

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks - ive never contributed to this section nor have I read through the other posts in great depth, but i was wondering if i was the only person on tsr who was proud of england's last game - i felt that the passion and the fighting spirit came out at last - typically england playing their hearts out only when they absolutely need to, but they did it nonetheless and did us proud. am i the only one who thought that england gave a valiant effort - not going down without a fight, and feeling proud of them in the end? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    YNWA isn't a liverpool song. We adopted it before anyone else but it orginates from an american musical. It's sung by many teams across europe but as I said, adopted by the Kop before anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    I was proud as **** with them. They fought like lions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    adopted by the Kop before anyone else.
    Dont let Celtic see that, theyll have you for lunch
    Its a Liverpool song in relation to if you saw YNWA most people will relate it to Liverpool FC.

ReputationRep:
    closing as there is already another thread with a poll

ReputationRep:
    Nah I completely agree. The way our lads fought back, especially after their captain went of injured and Roo was sent off, was inspiring. I was really proud to be English and the effort they put in was clear in their reactions afterwards. I cannot understand anyone that slates them. OK we didn't play to the best of our potential ability but we certainly didn't disgrace ourselves.

The one thing you can never fault England players for is workrate and effort. Our failings this time was Sven. If we had Hiddink we probably would have won it.

ReputationRep:
    As the headline said in a paper yesterday.... "10 lions and one silly little boy".... they played their socks off, i was exceptionally proud of them.

ReputationRep:

Brilliant

ReputationRep:
    ;D fantastic.
    Althought i really felt for him at the press confrence when he read it out.

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me thats not beckhams writing????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glamour Girl)
    Oh dear....

(Original post by Glamour Girl)

ReputationRep:
    Greece given suspension by Fifa

Fifa has suspended European champions Greece and its member clubs from international competition because of government interference in the sport.
    World governing body Fifa said the Hellenic Football Federation had broken rules on "the independence of members and decision-making in each country".

It means Greek clubs and officials are banned from European competitions.

And it jeopardises Steve McClaren's first game as England boss, which was due to be against Greece on 16 August.

The suspension will be in place with "immediate effect" and "until further notice", according to a Fifa statement.
    What a turn around :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hecky thump!! Does that mean we get three points

ReputationRep:
    Germany (dan) vs Italy (Joshytoohotty) in one Semi-Final!

and

Portugal (TheWolf) vs France (ba_ba1) in the other!

Who will win!? How exciting.

:tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    No, it's only a friendly.

And anyway, the ban does not apply to friendly matches outside of Greece.

The obvious result is that Greek government will panic, change the law asap, appeal, and the ban will be overturned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reloaded)
    No, it's only a friendly.

And anyway, the ban does not apply to friendly matches outside of Greece.

The obvious result is that Greek government will panic, change the law asap, appeal, and the ban will be overturned.

woah are game against Greece is a Qualifying game for the euopean championships ! we will be allocated an automatic 2-0 win and thus, achieve 3 points...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.