Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou! I'm a newc fan and I *love* Shearer.

Very amusing!

ReputationRep:
    Still, where was the only place he won anything :P

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of the statement - 'Football is not a matter of life and death, it is more important than that’.

ReputationRep:
    ooo titanium :p:

ReputationRep:
    An exaggeration of course,a s with all such statements. How many players/fans commit suicide after losing a football match? If you have got to the point where your obsession with a sport is more important than your life, you need to see a psychiatrist :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey - still - 300 goals ain't bad! Its not always about the silverware... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Prays wolfie doesn't win as I dont want Portugal too but on the other hand I don't want France to either.

Sticking as we are near the end.

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny: but sooooo accurate

ReputationRep:
    has anyone seen the 'i hate ronaldo site'?

ReputationRep:
    look in the ronaldo thread

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo's being booed by all fans. I thought it was just us moaning English fans looking for someone to blame? Saying that a fair few of them are being booed. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    There is already a Ronaldo thread :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Take of your manc glasses mancred.
    There was 10 lions on that pitch, each one trying their hardest while we had Rooney the hothead stamping on groins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    Sign On, Sign On
    With hope in your arse
    Cause You'll never get a job
    You'll never get a job

Much better version of the YNWA, plus its true.
    Go us a favour..Google the stats for Crime and Dole rates in manchester and Liverpool and get back to me.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    Hillsborough has proved that to me.

ReputationRep:
    Hargreaves wasn't all that, niether was Beckham I guess age is really showing. Walcott was a no show what a waste of an england place, should have brought Defoe instead. Lennon did well, Lampard was tired.

What we need is an injection of cash and academies to bring up future english players. We simply haven't enough and are using old and worn stock. Until this happens England ain't going nowhere.

Having said that they did well to hold them until penalties and I feel the red for rooney was too harsh ( and I dont like him).

ReputationRep:
    Football is the most important thing in my life.... nuff said...

ReputationRep:
    It's a real shame Vieri is so injury prone now, he would've been interesting to have on the team. We know he can score a goal, that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Take of your manc glasses mancred.
    There was 10 lions on that pitch, each one trying their hardest while we had Rooney the hothead stamping on groins.
    Funny how they all defend Rooney and Ronaldo yet are the first to slam Lampard and Gerrard etc...

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong, Fiore is an OK player , but the fact is that back when Parma were a top team (with Veron, Crespo, Chiesa, Cannavaro, Buffon, Thuram and Vanoli ) he couldn't make it into the team and had to move to Udinese. I haven't seen Barone play (apart from his brief appearance this World Cup), but I wouldn't hesitate to say that Camoranesi is a better player.

Cassano again (like Di Vaio) is still living off his goal against Inter when he was with Bari (was he really worth the 50 billion lire Roma paid for him?)

Of course it happens in other countries, but just not to the same extent and club presidents don't buy players the press rate as they do in Italy (Lazio fell away in challenging for titles because they spent vast amounts of money bringing in overhyped young players who failed to deliver). The other odd thing is that clubs don't often seem to buy the foreign players that the press bang on about e.g. Flavio Conceicao and Andres D'Alessandro (who eventually moved to the mighty Wolfsburg)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.