Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Nobody else. Don't need anyone else.
    when have you ever needed players and bought 'em...you just buy for the sake of buying..lol

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea want to buy Serie B league in italy so they can take all the relegated teams players.

Anyway, next season is going to be tough and exciting as all top four clubs are stronger now, except United we havn't signed anyone yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by decola)
    It's a real shame Vieri is so injury prone now, he would've been interesting to have on the team. We know he can score a goal, that's for sure.
    Don't get me wrong Vieri was great in his day and has always been one of my favourite players, but he's past it now. He's out of breathe after 20 mins ffs!

(Original post by AYE)
    Chelsea want to buy Serie B league in italy so they can take all the relegated teams players.

Anyway, next season is going to be tough and exciting as all top four clubs are stronger now, except United we havn't signed anyone yet.
    we will soon mate...dont worry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    when have you ever needed players and bought 'em...
    Shevchenko? Robben? Makelele?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    I love the way everyone writes us off though, it's bloody great. Even the bookies do it. 8/1 to win the league and 16/1 to win the CL - LOL.

Time to make some good money.
    LOL the only ones who are laughing are the bookies

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm surprised you didn't know I support Liverpool lol.

I know quite a few people who work for Chelsea though :eek: I was going to work for them, but that was before the Russian came and I started hating them.

Shevchenko? Robben? Makelele?
    did you really need another striker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    LOL the only ones who are laughing are the bookies
    Hehehehe.

I wonder what the odds were for us to win the CL in 05. Or the FA cup this season.

I wonder what the odds are for us to beat Chelsea in the Community Shield soon? Time to make money.

pwnd.

*laughs at him*

ReputationRep:
    did you really need another striker?
    Yes. We just need to ship the others off and have done so. Gudjohnsen sent to Barca and Carlton Cole to West Ham Utd. This leaves Drogba and Crespo, with Crespo being made available on the market I understand. Though it's not for a Man Utd fan to pose that question to a Chelsea fan now is it? How many strikers have you got? Rossi, Rooney, RVN, Saha and Solskjaer...

Yes. We just need to ship the others off and have done so. Gudjohnsen sent to Barca and Carlton Cole to West Ham Utd. This leaves Drogba and Crespo, with Crespo being made available on the market I understand. Though it's not for a Man Utd fan to pose that question to a Chelsea fan now is it? How many strikers have you got? Rossi, Rooney, RVN, Saha and Solskjaer...
    well Rossi is still young...we play a 442....Ole has been out for quite a while and he was playing on right wing before he got injured...Saha is injury prone...just leaves us Ruud, Rooney and Smudjer (Smith) next season....

ReputationRep:
    I cant see it being won by anyone other than Chelski or United, hopefully the latter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marmotta)
    Don't get me wrong, Fiore is an OK player , but the fact is that back when Parma were a top team (with Veron, Crespo, Chiesa, Cannavaro, Buffon, Thuram and Vanoli ) he couldn't make it into the team and had to move to Udinese. I haven't seen Barone play (apart from his brief appearance this World Cup), but I wouldn't hesitate to say that Camoranesi is a better player.

Cassano again (like Di Vaio) is still living off his goal against Inter when he was with Bari (was he really worth the 50 billion lire Roma paid for him?)

Of course it happens in other countries, but just not to the same extent and club presidents don't buy players the press rate as they do in Italy (Lazio fell away in challenging for titles because they spent vast amounts of money bringing in overhyped young players who failed to deliver). The other odd thing is that clubs don't often seem to buy the foreign players that the press bang on about e.g. Flavio Conceicao and Andres D'Alessandro (who eventually moved to the mighty Wolfsburg)

and i bet parma are regretting that decision now. They played the useless Dino Baggio instead of Fiore. When Fiore got his chance at Udinese he beat Baggio to a euro 2000 place. He also played excellent that tournament. Malesani will always be regarded as a mediocre manager in Italy, and just because this fool didnt select Fiore does not mean Fiore is not a good player. Camoranesi si wildly inconsistant and has a short fuse. He's never really performed well for the Azzurri and it seems like Lippi still picks him on the basis of a good season some 3 years ago. If any other manager was in charge, Fiore would be at the WC, Camoranesi would be at home. This season Fiore>>>>>>>Camoranesi.

As for Cassano, he probably wasnt worth the 50 bil but al the transfers that summer were a crazy price. The market has calmed down now. I dont think Cassano is still living off his goal against inter - he was very good in his first 3 seasons at roma, especially 03/04. What about his euro 04 perfomances? they were great imo. He's gone off the rocks a bit lately but he is an extremley talented player and i hope he gets it back together again for euro 08.

There was a big financial scandal involving Cragnotti and he left in 2002. Lazio had no money so they were forced to sell. All the best players left and thats why they havnt been able to challenge for the title. Most of the players they brought in during the Cragnotti era did deliver on the whole - they won their first scudetto since 1974.

As you say it is weird that players like Tevez, Mascherano, D'allesandro arent snapped by Serie A clubs as they would have done in the past, but i think it shows they are more cautios now and don't want to make stupid moves.

(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    I cant see it being won by anyone other than Chelski or United, hopefully the latter
    i think you have to throw Liverpool in it too.....they had a good season last season....

ReputationRep:
    I think they need to sign a top quality striker for them to mount a serious threat.

ReputationRep:
    I cant see it being won by anyone other than Chelski
    Glad to agree. :p:

I think they need to sign a top quality striker for them to mount a serious threat.
    well if Rafa can control Bellamy then they've got themselfs a good player....

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard scores loads. Fowler's goals:games ratio is better than any other's since his return. Bellamy's a proven goalscorer, Crouch flick-ons and Gonzalez's arrival.

Hmm. I'd still like to see another striker :hmmmm:

(Original post by justfarhan)
    Gerrard scores loads. Fowler's goals:games ratio is better than any other's since his return. Bellamy's a proven goalscorer, Crouch flick-ons and Gonzalez's arrival.

Hmm. I'd still like to see another striker :hmmmm:
    havent you guys bought Bellamy?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    havent you guys bought Bellamy?:confused:
    :confused: Yes :confused:

Check my post, and yours. :confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.