Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't care about Italian clubs too much, but Kaká better go to Real Madrid if he does decide to leave.

A couple of pivotal signings more for them, and coupled with the arrival of Capello, this really could be their year!!

ReputationRep:
    wots the latest on the italian clubs? does anyone know when the verdicts going to be reached? or has it already been given?

(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    I'd be surprised if either went tbh
    its football mate...nothing suprises me anymore....its all about money these days....loyalty is just not in the modern game...its very rare....

ReputationRep:
    the latest http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/5154196.stm

ReputationRep:
    I was looking forward to this but I don't fancy Buffon moving to Barcelona. :/

ReputationRep:
    Kaká is leaving Milan. :eek:

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Kaká is leaving Milan. :eek:
    going where????

ReputationRep:
    There is already a chelsea thread.

ReputationRep:
    They should have video refs and I know it would interupt the game but surely it has got to be a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    He's one of the best players I've seen in Liverpool's Academy for ages. Quick, can take a man on, can tackle, can cross, can score. And of course we are reading tea-leaves. Everyon'e selection is on the basis current players will improve, stay the same or slump. Lennon may not improve, Gerrard may go downhill fast. We may have already seen the best of SWP, Rooney etc. In my opinion, Anderson has more potential than Lennon/SWP hence i chose him. Bearing in mind 2 starters against Brazil in 02 started against Portugal in 06 i dont think its that strange...

ReputationRep:
    the goalkeeper and defence would be exactly the same.
    Midfield would have lennon on the left, richardson on the right, carrick and lampard (or gerrard) in the middle, and rooney with, probably crouch, up front (until a better player emerges)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Out of interest EC, who is Paul Andersson? And are we reading the tea-leaves when we say he'll be better than SWP, lennon and Pennant?
    SWP and Lennon yes, but Pennant will probably be in jail then given recent form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    He's one of the best players I've seen in Liverpool's Academy for ages. Quick, can take a man on, can tackle, can cross, can score. And of course we are reading tea-leaves. Everyon'e selection is on the basis current players will improve, stay the same or slump. Lennon may not improve, Gerrard may go downhill fast. We may have already seen the best of SWP, Rooney etc. In my opinion, Anderson has more potential than Lennon/SWP hence i chose him. Bearing in mind 2 starters against Brazil in 02 started against Portugal in 06 i dont think its that strange...
    The step-up in class from academy level to 1st team football is big enough, let alone a jump to International level. Is there a yearning for a Wayne Rooney to come out of the red half of Merseyside perhaps?

This guy must be pretty good for people to say he's England material at such a young age, but imagine the pressure on a lad who's never even put on a first team kit before. There are plenty of examples of young players who fail to live up to the hype- let's hope he's as good as people say. He'll be brilliant if he's to be better than Lennon and SWP.

Pennant is another one who had temperament issues- probably from not being able to speak English at the Highbury training ground :p:. But he's coming back to form, and looks like he's going some way to filling his potential.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    the goalkeeper and defence would be exactly the same.
    Midfield would have lennon on the left, richardson on the right, carrick and lampard (or gerrard) in the middle, and rooney with, probably crouch, up front (until a better player emerges)
    Lennon is right footed, Richardson left. Gerrard is better than Lampard, and Crouch is...well plan B shall we say.

ReputationRep:
    We're not as intelligent, nor as progressive as our rugby counterparts. We live in hope rather than expectation.

ReputationRep:
    I'm led to believe that YNWA was actually sung at Old Trafford at a similar time it was first sung at Liverpool. Obviously we've abandoned it, which is a shame; I hate to admit it but it's unparalleled as an anthem.

"Go us a favour..Google the stats for Crime and Dole rates in manchester and Liverpool and get back to me."

You're half right: Crime is higher in Manchester, unemployment higher in Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebas_back)
    I'm led to believe that YNWA was actually sung at Old Trafford at a similar time it was first sung at Liverpool. Obviously we've abandoned it, which is a shame; I hate to admit it but it's unparalleled as an anthem.
    Ive heard this before, but Liverpool were definetly the first to sing it although a lot of clubs adopted it for a short while before realising its ours.
    (Original post by sebas_back)
    You're half right: Crime is higher in Manchester, unemployment higher in Liverpool
    Meh, never mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    :confused: Why exactly...

It might be a Liverpool song, but you lot don't hold the exclusive rights to it, hehe. I dunno why they sang it. Maybe they thought the lyrics appropriate...

It's also sung by some clubs in other countries, including a German one. Maybe some German people started singing it, or summat.

ReputationRep:
    Ive heard it sung at leverkusen for sure..

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure it was England fans singing it? I know for certain the German fans sung it after Italy knocked them out, which we thought was pretty odd at the time. But they did.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.