• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    He is
    Something else we'll have to agree to disagree on...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know who's got the highest points in the world cup? Or what the points are for each country?

If you can find me a table or website then i'd be very grateful.

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    If you're talking about the points they got in the group stages of the world cup, there were 4 teams who won all their group matches: Germany (group A), Portugal (group D), Brazil (group F) and Spain (group H), with Spain being best off out of those (with a goal difference of +7)
    World cup group standings can be found here, at FIFA's official world cup website

If you're talking about the FIFA rankings, the teams can be found somewhere in this table.

ReputationRep:
    I still don't believe he did it on purpose. Everytime before when Rooney's gone mental, he's done it really obviously. He wasn't even looking at this guy when he did it! I reckon if he meant to do it, he would have done it properly, you know? If he meant to do it at all, he was always going to get sent off - he'd go out with a bang, not a pussy little light step. He was walking backwards and the guy was laying on the floor.

ReputationRep:
    So now thats its all over, who would be your World Cup 2006 Xl?

Here is my team;

GK Buffon - Been outstanding for the Azzurri. Has made crucial saves at crucial times.

DL Grosso - Close contender for LB spot with Lahm but you cant ignore the fact that he was pivotal in three of the four knockout games.
    DR Zambrotta - An excellent tournament for the Juve full back. Was just as effective going forward as he was defending.
    DC Cannavaro - My man of the tournament. Guy has been an absoloute rock. Words alone cannot describe his part to play in Italy's success.
    DC Carvalho - Portugal in general have been very solid at the back in this tournament. For me, bar the above Italian trio, Carvalho has been the outstanding defender in the tournament.

ML Ribery - In a tournament where its been hard to pick out noticable performances out wide, the young Frenchman from Marseille was very exciting to watch at times and has certainly got a bright future ahead of him.
    MR Maxi Rod. - Argentina are blessed with talented players. However, Maxi was a relative unknown until a series of fine performances operating on the right side of Argentina's wonderfully balanced midfield. His personal achievements culminating in one of the goals of the tournament against the Mexicans.
    MC Pirlo - This guy is an absoloute pleasure to watch. His set pieces, passing, shooting and vision are amongst his key attributes that make watching him a joy to behold. If Milan get relegated i certainly would not mind seeing him play at Watford next season for one of the big prem teams.
    MC Gattuso - This was a toss up between him and Vieira. I just thought Gattuso played his role exceptionally well throughout the tournament as a whole whereas Vieira took longer to get going. Both had a fantastic World Cup.

FC Klose - I was abit dissappointed in this department as i feel we never saw the best of the Worlds top strikers. I chose Klose as i feel you cannot have a World Cup Xl without the competitions top scorer.
    FC Torres - Only one that stood out from the rest.

ReputationRep:
    Joshytoohotty is the winner!

ReputationRep:
    doesn't it all kick off tomorrow?

this really will be very interesting..

ReputationRep:
    My team:
    GOALKEEPER
    Jens Lehmann
    RIGHT BACK
    Gianluca Zambrotta
    LEFT BACK
    Ashley Cole
    CENTER BACKS
    Fabio Cannavaro
    William Gallas
    RIGHT MIDFIELDER
    Luis Figo
    CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS
    Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
    Kaka
    LEFT MIDFIELDER
    Although his tournament was very very brief Leo Messi. Should of played more.
    STRIKERS
    Miroslav Klose
    Lukas Podolski

Quite a hard tournament to pull out a best team, no-one stood out really. By the way i think Pirlo has been shocking this tournament

ReputationRep:
    Heres Mine

GOALKEEPER
    Buffon

RIGHT BACK
    Gianluca Zambrotta

LEFT BACK
    Philip Lahm

CENTER BACKS
    Fabio Cannavaro
    Rafael Marquez

RIGHT MIDFIELDER
    Robin Van Persie

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS
    Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
    Ballack

LEFT MIDFIELDER
    Ribery

STRIKERS
    Carlos Tevez
    Miroslav Klose

ReputationRep:
    GK: Edwin Van Der Sar
    RB: Cafu
    LB: Ashley Cole
    CB: Cannavaro
    CB: William Gallas
    MR: Cristiano Ronaldo
    ML: Arjen Robben
    MC: Steven Appiah
    MC: Zinedine Zidane
    ST: Miroslav Klose
    ST: Fernando Torres

ReputationRep:
    Last night one particular comment had me in tears, and folding over cause I was laughing so much. It was this little gem about the Italian team:

"They threw off the straitjacket of negativity and put on the cloak of adventure"

Thing is, he must have been working on it all match (or before). What on earth was he thinking!?! :p:

ReputationRep:
    they are all bloody crap commentators, from the bbc and itv. the best commentators are andy gray and martin tyler who commentate for skysports

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza09)
    they are all bloody crap commentators, from the bbc and itv. the best commentators are andy gray and martin tyler who commentate for skysports
    Motty is God but has frankly been disappointing this World Cup as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameso88)
    By the way i think Pirlo has been shocking this tournament
    WHAT????? You are joking right, please tell me you are joking...

He got voted man of the match for the final and semis. He also ranked the third best player in the tournament by journalists!! I think he has been outstanding and i also feel you must have had your eyes closed when Italy were playing.

ReputationRep:
    It could just be me liking Henry, but does anyone else see a slight clash of heads (if you're not focusing on the chest) :p: It doesn't look like much though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza09)
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    [rant]Apart from Martin Tyler and Andy Gray, all the commentators these days are pretty poor...

I loved the way how they didnt mention Portugals diving until it came to the surface in the papers etc - then they were complaining about how disgusting portugal are... they are so two faced....

Mark Lawrensen is the worst of the lot, not just because he hates Blackburn, he just irritates me, the sort of person i would like to have between the ground and the sole of my shoe.

[/rant]

ReputationRep:
    Hey, one of my new theorys for fantasy footy is to fill your team with penalty, free kick and corner takers. as they will get a lot of assist and a few more goals.
    so do you guys know who takes them for each club ?
    I've started the list

Aresnal- Henry
    Aston villa-
    Blackburn-
    Bolton-
    Charlton-
    Chelsea- Lampard
    Everton-
    Fulham-
    Liverpool- Gerard
    Man city-
    Man united-
    Middlesborough-
    Newcastle-
    Portsmouth-
    Reading-
    Sheffield united-
    Spurs-
    Watford-
    West ham-
    Wigan-

Hopefully this will not only help me to get points next year, but help all other fantasy league fans

cheers

ReputationRep:
    Blackburn was Savage but then he cocked one up, then Dickov, or Bellamy... who have both left, and when they werent playing - Lucas Neill took our penalties... I imagine if he stays (touch wood) he will take them.

Spurs - Robbie Keane if he is playing...

Man UTD - Ruud usually...

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield United - Tonge (between Unsworth and Tonge but I'd go for Tonge)

Gem

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.