Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Yeh - just look at Craig Bellamy, used to love the guy at Blackburn, hate him now he is playing with the likes of Vinnie Jones for the HM Bolton Prison team...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    Yeh - just look at Craig Bellamy, used to love the guy at Blackburn, hate him now he is playing with the likes of Vinnie Jones for the HM Bolton Prison team...
    Has he been jailed?

ReputationRep:
    ITV Commentary when someone missed an easy header;

"That ball was literally given to him on a plate!"

Literally? I didn't see any plate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Byronic)
    Roberto Carlos is better, but Maldini is one of the greats.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH nice one! U can hardly call him a left back, i think there was tough competition for a place on the left side of midfield for brazil wen he started so he had to be satisfied with left back.. he doesnt think like a defender and comparing him with the godly maldini is just very sad.. Maldini is in a completely different league!

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody please merge all these Italian threads into one big **** tip.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Your best reporting the threads to a Mod, they will actually take notice then, they are more likely to do that than actually read this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zlatan)
    Can somebody please merge all these Italian threads into one big **** tip.

thanks
    theres only like 2 atm, and neither are related. One is about Maldini, the other is about Calciopoli.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    If everyone supported their local team and went to games instead of buying manyoo shirts and watching sky then it wouldn't be as bigger problem.
    I would agree with that if local clubs had local players playing for them. At present each club has players from all around the world, I don't see the point in club football anymore because you have got to ask yourself: just who/what exactly are you supporting?

Nowadays prem players live in their gated mansions miles away from the stadium and probably haven't even stepped foot in the local area around the ground. It is a joke, fans irrational loyalty to clubs (big businesses) is just leading to the milking of their wallets.

ReputationRep:
    The Ultimate Football Thread is there for a reason.

I'm sure Cindy will back me up on this:
    Please try to keep general football-related posts to that thread instead of creating endless amounts of new threads.

Also, no more Zidane threads - please!

The first UFT was a great success, let's try to use the UFT II a bit more!

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Let's try to use the UFT [here] a bit more, and try to keep Italian posts in one thread.

Gonna close this now, ta.

ReputationRep:
    By calling someone an idiot does not necessarliy make their point true, come up with whatever statistics you like from MY point of view he was not all that in the tournament, give me Gattuso anyday. For me he seems to flitter in and out of games and never takes a game by the scruff of the neck, he is a good passion but i feel that he lacks the passion and the drive that i require for someone to be a great player, its just as I see it , you obviously see it differently but thats your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Always always buy John Terry always has clean sheets and scores quite often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    People always think Fulham will get relegated but it never happens.
    And Pompey :p: We haven't been relegated for 20 years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Byronic)
    No, I'm not. I'd have Roberto Carlos in my team over him.
    Carlos is overrated. His free kicks are crap for a start and he's poor defensively. He is good going forward, but Maldini was an incredible defender and extremely good going forward. My all-time XI would have Maldini at left-back without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    He was a pretty good centre back too, good old Paolo, i'll miss him!

ReputationRep:
    I think its more of a national than local thing, i just think money seems to be the one and only motivation these days, when they decide to increase prices where are the fans? at home, work, their basically not there. We need a voice becasue if the cash cow of football keeps getting bigger, i think eventually fans will simply walk away.

ReputationRep:
    Maldini's a legend, he'll be Italy manager for sure in the future. It's a pity he wasn't included for the World Cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mancred)
    TV times used to be 3 o clock kick off, now there are hardly any, most clubs tickets are very expensive as it is and forever rising, ticket allocations for coorporats is going up and up (look at previous FA Cup finals), standing at matches is prohibitted, travel on matchday is hiked up to increase profits and many more examples.
    You should support lower league football. There's nothing better than driving with a load of mates in a convoy of cars to an away game, stopping off at a pub or two, and then standing on the terrace supporting real football with real fans.

ReputationRep:
    Morten Gamst Pedersen. He scores free kicks, puts in crosses, scores from tight angles and shoots from corners.

ReputationRep:
    Once you've all finished your Paulo Maldini throb-fest, smoked a cigarette and returned to reality, there may be a point in debating this. Roberto Carlos, overrated? Ha! Do you think an overrated player would have commanded a position in Real Madrid for so long, with such a glittered career, given their incredible spending power? I think not. Carlos is not only a tough tackling full back, but an incredible force going forward. I've also heard he's not too bad at kicking the ball.

Like I said, I'd have Roberto Carlos in my team over Paulo Maldini.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.