Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    No chance. First of all, Zidane has already said on a number of occasions that Materazzi didnt say anything racist. Secondly, its Materazzi's world against Zidanes word - nothing can be proved.

Why was this thread merged with the Italian scndal one? nothing to do with each other.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well you never know with FIFA, but i can't see them disqualifying Italy, as ba ba1 said it's one word against another.

ReputationRep:
    Italy keep World Cup, that's for sure.

Interesting article on Reuters regarding Juventus' possible future cash woes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hurricane_Herd)
    well i guess we will see what the verdict is at 18.00 ! personally i hope they all get relegated (unlikely) and loads of players come to the premiership...helping to close the gap on Chelsea !
    nah what will happen is:

they'll all flock to Chelsea for a year or two, for the huge wages offered at Stamford Bridge....Abromavich will get these players on loan for a year or two till their former club gets promoted back to the top Italian league, then releases the players back to their respective clubs. Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool will not even get a look-in regarding getting these players on loan, instead Abrom and Mourinho will sneekily gobble up the departing italian talents, leave 'em sitting on the subs bench for most of the season, and then send them back, knowing that they have helped their cause in winning the league title for the third year running and preventing their greatest opposition from having stronger squads to compete with them....

like buying S Wright Phillips from Man City, so that he didn't go to Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    Now that's interesting; I can't wait to see how all this eventually pans out.

Although I doubt things would deteriorate to such an extent. Disqualifying Italy from the Finals would have far more repercussions then what it would seem like on the surface.
    There's absolutely no chance that Italy will be disqualified for what Materazzi said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    No chance. First of all, Zidane has already said on a number of occasions that Materazzi didnt say anything racist. Secondly, its Materazzi's world against Zidanes word - nothing can be proved.

Why was this thread merged with the Italian scndal one? nothing to do with each other.
    Is it simply "his word against his word"? With the expertise on lip reading et al, surely a conclusion can be reached. I'd be surprised if matters were left inconclusive given the technologies (zoom ins) now available to various investigative bodies. Many experts go along this "son of a terrorist whore" line, and surely this is a racist comment? They can't all be wrong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    There's absolutely no chance that Italy will be disqualified for what Materazzi said.
    Yeah I would think so as well; the situation does not warrant such an extreme step.

Although Materazzi's denial about not knowing what a "terrorist" is does seem ridiculous. Any random 12-year-old would know what a terrorist is and the damage that one can inflict, for goodness sake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Is it simply "his word against his word"? With the expertise on lip reading et al, surely a conclusion can be reached. I'd be surprised if matters were left inconclusive given the technologies (zoom ins) now available to various investigative bodies. Many experts go along this "son of a terrorist whore" line, and surely this is a racist comment? They can't all be wrong...
    If he did make comments like that, he should be suspended and heavily fined. But to disqualify Italy from the World Cup would make a mockery of the whole competition.

ReputationRep:
    All these lip readers seem to be saying different things. Zidane said that nothing racist was said by Materazzi.

The only reason why this thing is being dragged on is because its Zidane. Reverse the roles (Zidane provokes Materazzi, and Materazzi headbutts), and i doubt FIFA would be investigating what Zidane said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    If he did make comments like that, he should be suspended and heavily fined. But to disqualify Italy from the World Cup would make a mockery of the whole competition.
    I wholeheartedly agree, and i didn't say anything to the contrary....

nb: i'm not sure if you're thinking that i think they should get disqualified.

ReputationRep:
    nb: i'm not sure if you're thinking that i think they should get disqualified.
    No, sorry, I just quoted and agreed with you then went off making another point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Pirlo to United!
    mate i cant see this happening now as milan are unaffected.

ReputationRep:
    thread closed now peeps you can continue chat in UFT.Season will creep up us fast and I am sure chat in there will pik up too.

Good thread, mmnnn let me see.... there has been better. Thanks for the neg rep, you know who you are and so do I.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any good internet links which show any pre season games?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr power)
    does anyone have any good internet links which show any pre season games?
    I am unaware of anywhere on the internet which legally shows premiership games/pre-season games.

Therefore i'm gonna close this - PMing is your friend, however.

ReputationRep:
    Juventus relegated to Serie B, deducted 30 points for next season and have been stripped of titles in 2005 and 2006.

Fiorentina and Lazio have been relegated to Serie B. With Lazio being deducted 7 points next season.

AC Milan stay in Serie A, and have been deducted 15 points for next season.

ReputationRep:
    In addition to this, All of the teams have been kicked out of the Champions League for next season.

ReputationRep:
    Juve should have been kicked down two divisions, they've got off lightly.

Still, I wonder when the shopping spree will begin?

ReputationRep:
    so inter are the champions for the last 2 seasons then! theyre not an underchieving club anymore.

can't believe it about my beloved lazio. I really didnt expect this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    so inter are the champions for the last 2 seasons then! theyre not an underchieving club anymore.

can't believe it about my beloved lazio. I really didnt expect this
    Cheats, the lot of them.

Juve got off lightly.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.