Toni

Forza Interrrrr

Cesar

Zanetti, Samuel, Cordoba, Maxwell

Figo, Cambiasso, BUY A FRICKING DECENT CENTRE MID, Stankovic

Adriano, Toni

YES

ReputationRep:
    this is so ****ign exciting. spurs to buy everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Vieira couldnt hack it in Serie A either, so its nothing to do with the EPL being a more physical league.

I dont see why he couldnt return to epl because he was very successful there.
    Vieira had a brilliant start as did Juve. Didn't he score 3 goals in the first 5 games he got there at Juve? Plus he couldn't help his groin injury from playing up. Simple fact is Italian football is a lot slower then the Premiership and his last season at Arsenal showed he was struggling physically as well as with the speed. If he came back I doubt he'd make much of an impact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence)
    this is so ****ign exciting. spurs to buy everyone.
    Yiou caught that habit from Chelsea by the looks of things. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exit)
    Vieira had a brilliant start as did Juve. Didn't he score 3 goals in the first 5 games he got there at Juve? Plus he couldn't help his groin injury from playing up. Simple fact is Italian football is a lot slower then the Premiership and his last season at Arsenal showed he was struggling physically as well as with the speed. If he came back I doubt he'd make much of an impact
    he was good up until christmas, but after that he was really poor. Emerson was the star of the juve midfield.

Theres no "italian football is slower" since every team is different. Juve generally play slow build up play, but the others dont.

Struggling physically? so how has fabregas survived exactly? what about zola when he was in the prem? or pires?

ReputationRep:
    If Roma buy a decent (fit) striker there will be a genuine 2-horse race. I suggest somebody like Vucinic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    If Roma buy a decent (fit) striker there will be a genuine 2-horse race. I suggest somebody like Vucinic.
    wash your mouth with soap! how dare you!

But yeh, seriously, i heard Roma were the favourites to get Trez.

Doni
    Panucci Mexes Chivu Cufre
    Mancini Perrotta De Rossi Taddei
    Totti
    Trez

ReputationRep:
    wash your mouth with soap! how dare you!

But yeh, seriously, i heard Roma were the favourites to get Trez.

Doni
    Panucci Mexes Chivu Cufre
    Mancini Perrotta De Rossi Taddei
    Totti
    Trez
    you must be pretty upset with the last few seasons. I know it hasn't been too great for Roma, but Lazio's fall from grace is pretty spectacular- shows that buying the title doesn't guarantee long term success :p:

Trez won't stay in Italy imo. The lack of competitiveness next season will force many serie A players to leave aswell. Milan probs won't be in the CL for 2 seasons, so expect some of their stars to jump ship

Back to Roma, what a great team :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it'll be Buffon to Barcelona, Vieira to Real Madrid and the rest of the big guns will probably head to the Premiership. The big question for me is what the hell is Mutu going to do? Didn't he just leave Juventus for Fiorentina? What a dumbass.

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona have not made any signs of interest in Buffon though I think this might be part of a plan. I don't know if Cannavaro and Zambrotta would go to Real Madrid to be honest.

ReputationRep:

Struggling physically? so how has fabregas survived exactly? what about zola when he was in the prem? or pires?
    Er... I don't get your point. Pires didn't play as many games as he usually did, Zola went years ago, Fabregas is young and proved he's goyt the fitness and skill to hack it. Like I said before, Arsenal vs Juventus, Fabregas made Vieira look like an old man in his own backgarden at Highbury. Vieira played okay in the World Cup but was never playing like his former Arsenal form. He was okay at best

Anyways, it's not like Italian football's renound for it's pace is it? Compare games in the Prem and then Serie A and you notice the difference in pace and even physicality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exit)
    Anyways, it's not like Italian football's renound for it's pace is it? Compare games in the Prem and then Serie A and you notice the difference in pace and even physicality.
    Tactically and technically Serie A is more advanced. See World Cup 2006. There are merits of both styles of play. In terms of physicality you can get away with more in the Prem, but that's not to say Serie A isn't physical- many players are strong enough to play here.

ReputationRep:
    Roma, Chievo & Palermo in the CL along with Inter...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelnicholson88)
    I reckon it'll be Buffon to Barcelona, Vieira to Real Madrid and the rest of the big guns will probably head to the Premiership.
    erm no:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Tactically and technically Serie A is more advanced. See World Cup 2006. There are merits of both styles of play. In terms of physicality you can get away with more in the Prem, but that's not to say Serie A isn't physical- many players are strong enough to play here.
    Italian football is like chess sometimes, so much build up and tactics involved, and if you want physicality then no need to look no further then the cheating idiot Materazzi for it. Point is the style of play suits Vieira more at the moment then Prem footy and he'd simply struggle if he came back. I really can't understand where this rumour of ManUre came from

ReputationRep:
    People ar eforgetting that Juventus are still a very wealthy club. They can if they decide hold onto their players unlike Fiorentina and Lazio.

The fact that AC will probably not qualify for the CL next season will also alert players to movement to another club.

Italian league has always been dodgy. Look forward to playing Empoli in the Champions League next season :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exit)
    Er... I don't get your point. Pires didn't play as many games as he usually did, Zola went years ago, Fabregas is young and proved he's goyt the fitness and skill to hack it. Like I said before, Arsenal vs Juventus, Fabregas made Vieira look like an old man in his own backgarden at Highbury. Vieira played okay in the World Cup but was never playing like his former Arsenal form. He was okay at best

Pires and Zola were both succesfull in the prem yet neither are physical players - you dont HAVE to be phyiscal to play in the prem. Fabregas is great in the prem yet he is not physical at all. Thats my point.

Vieira was great at the WC mate - he made Fabregas look like a schoolboy against Spain! Besides, i wouldnt judge players just on one match. All of the juve players were bad in that match. No need to single out just Vieira.

Have you not seen Roma or Inter play? or even Fiorentina? all 3 teams use the wings and pace. Did you not see Roma ripping Boro to shreads in the Uefa cup 2nd leg. What about milans first half againt liverpool in 2005? no pace there?:rolleyes:

You can't really generalise a whole league.

ReputationRep:
    Pires and Zola were both succesfull in the prem yet neither are physical players - you dont HAVE to be phyiscal to play in the prem. Fabregas is great in the prem yet he is not physical at all. Thats my point.

Vieira was great at the WC mate - he made Fabregas look like a schoolboy against Spain! Besides, i wouldnt judge players just on one match. All of the juve players were bad in that match. No need to single out just Vieira.
    Vieira really wasn't all that, and I'm singling out Vieira cause I'm making the point that he's not coming to England. I'm not talking about Italian teams or anything else at the moment (and I've already backed Klinsmannic about Serie A's physicality), and how did Fabregas look like a school kid? Played some quality football in that midfield for Spain.

I didn't say you had to be physical to play in the Prem either, I said the Prem was a physical game Vieira wasn't handling, you're going off subject again. Like I said how many times Vieira could barely hack the Prem, physicality, fitness wise and pace in consideration hence Wenger carting him off to Juve. Why he'd want to come back to England when he said he doesn't want to return I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exit)
    Vieira really wasn't all that, and I'm singling out Vieira cause I'm making the point that he's not coming to England. I'm not talking about Italian teams or anything else at the moment (and I've already backed Klinsmannic about Serie A's physicality), and how did Fabregas look like a school kid? Played some quality football in that midfield for Spain.

I didn't say you had to be physical to play in the Prem either, I said the Prem was a physical game Vieira wasn't handling, you're going off subject again. Like I said how many times Vieira could barely hack the Prem, physicality, fitness wise and pace in consideration hence Wenger carting him off to Juve. Why he'd want to come back to England when he said he doesn't want to return I don't know.
    Please tell me you're joking!! Vieira wasnt all that? he was one of the best players ever to grace the premiership. Him and keane were the best central midfielders. He may have had a mediocre final season, but he definately could hack it in the prem. Vieira was great in the world cup and totally nullifield Fabregas in the spain game. The reason why Spain lost that game was because their midfield was outplayed.

It wasn't so much Vieira wasnt handling the physical side of the game - he just had a poor season. Wenger sold him because he was 29 and he wanted to cash in on him then.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.