Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Trust Blackburn to have a stinker when we least need them to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Red Phoenix*)
    btw we'll stay up by a whisker this season!
    it will be close.. like a few points, but at the end of the day, if we do stay up, who cares how many points its by.. even if its 1...

As much as i hate to think of pompey going down, well youv'e got to think to the worse, so when it does happen, its not as bad. if you know what i mean.

ReputationRep:
    When you start making Pires look like a tough guy, you know you've gone too far.

Good result for the Arse although i'd have liked to have seen them get one or two more goals. Still, you sacrificed players going forward so you could defend against the counter attack, which they did well and prevented Villareal from getting an away goal. As someone said above, if Arsenal can just nick one goal in Spain, Villareal will have to win 3-1.

On the performance side, I didn't think Arsenal were as bad as the commentators made out. They rarely played their flowing football, but then they didn't come under threat at any point either from Forlan. I thought Eboue and Hleb really played well together on the right wing in the second half, and that's where I'd start Hleb for the return leg. Pires was good in midfield without ever doing anything amazing, and Arsenal fans can take comfort in knowing that Fabregas had a relatively poor game for him in Europe, so the law of averages says that he's bound to play better in the next match. Flamini again was rock steady, and Senderos looked comfortable. In fact Toure looked the most shaky of the whole defence yesterday, but he got the goal so we can forgive him.

Villareal looked really weak when Arsenal took a corner or on the few occasions that they played a long ball, so in the next match I'd expect Wenger to tell them to play down the wings and put crosses in and to knock it up to Henry directly and have his attacking midfielders looking to win the second ball.

ReputationRep:
    You can buy them in a lil kit with a tool that does it. I bought them from a craft type shop but I am sure you will be able to get hold of them. They are called eyelets with washers and you can get them in all differnt sizes.

http://www.venacavadesign.co.uk/Pages/DraftEyelets.htm
    Second one down there is what we have.

ReputationRep:
    Would be funny to give you another thumping.

ReputationRep:
    livahpool!

ReputationRep:
    Tonight's matches:
    Schalke v Seville
    Steaua Bucharest v Middlesbrough

Who do you think will get to the final, and then win it? Middlesbrough have a goodish chance after the quarter final against Basel, but I hear Schalke and Seville are good european sides...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Would be funny to give you another thumping.
    Would be equally as funny to beat you in another semi-final

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    As the commentator said, last night WAS the final
    since u are talking about the barca milan game, then the comentator was talking out of his ass

ReputationRep:
    I believe what he actually said was, a lot of people were saying that AC Vs Barca was the final, so Arsenal should go out and prove them wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunny316)
    Villareal v barcelona
    i dont think so mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Villareal have Riquelme
    GREAT

(Original post by mockelinho)
    It was a joke man.

Even Pires thought they were havin a larf!
    Even Chelsea would have cause to complain...

...and that is saying something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Even Chelsea would have cause to complain...

...and that is saying something!
    i didnt get what u meant. but chelsea dont belong in this thread, they didnt even make the quater finals .

ReputationRep:
    Sevilla Vs Middlesbrough final I think. Either way, Sevilla or Middlesbrough will win it I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    If we score they'll need 3. With our defensive record so far that's unlikely.
    But if we don't score they need 1 to take it to ET.
    Villarreal have an awful goalscoring record though. Only 3 goals in their group stage (and finished top), and only about 8 goals in 11 games in CL. Couple this with Arsenal's 9 game clean-sheet, and i would certainly expect Arsenal to go through if we score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    I could probably name the bad games Carra has had in the last 2 years on one hand, the main ones that come to mind are Southampton away last year, the first half against AC Milan and the game at Highbury this season. Also Fulham away this season
    Oh yeah, Crouchie!!!

(Original post by Reloaded)
    But if we don't score they need 1 to take it to ET.
    Villarreal have an awful goalscoring record though. Only 3 goals in their group stage (and finished top), and only about 8 goals in 11 games in CL. Couple this with Arsenal's 9 game clean-sheet, and i would certainly expect Arsenal to go through if we score.
    Yeah, but Arsenal usually have a goal in them if they need to, Henry has gone 2 CL games without scoring ina row, shock horror, now it's goal time. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal will score next week and it'll be game over. IMO

ReputationRep:
    What an amazing story. One of the best forwards in football will be knackered next season.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.