Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Please tell me you're joking!! Vieira wasnt all that? he was one of the best players ever to grace the premiership.
    I'm on about his last season at Arsenal like I've said for the 100th time in this thread, don't get it twisted. He was one of the best midfielders I've seen play for us but like I've said so many times he couldn't finally hack it and it showed last season (even though he did win us the FA Cup on pens against ManUre which I forever salute him for), and yeah, like you said, Wenger finally cashed in on him after how many pre seasons of threatening to leave. So tell me why he'd want to go ManUre now considering he's a hate figure up there and he's adapted to Italian football

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exit)
    I'm on about his last season at Arsenal like I've said for the 100th time in this thread, don't get it twisted. He was one of the best midfielders I've seen play for us but like I've said so many times he couldn't finally hack it and it showed last season (even though he did win us the FA Cup on pens against ManUre which I forever salute him for), and yeah, like you said, Wenger finally cashed in on him after how many pre seasons of threatening to leave. So tell me why he'd want to go ManUre now considering he's a hate figure up there and he's adapted to Italian football
    ok sorry, i got a bit confused. He had a poor final season, but that doesnt mean he couldnt hack it anymore. He probably wont go back to England and as you say, i dont see why he'd go to manure. I dont think he particularly enjoyed his time in serie a either. The fans got on his back alot. He could follow capello to real madrid.

ReputationRep:
    Viera has not had that great a time since he left arsenal has he?
    I feel sort of sorry for the fan of the teams. Imagine those fans with shorts on their backs of players who will probably leave the teams should the punishments stand, and those who had bought season tickets.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Whatever happens Aston Villa won't be buying anyone, I guess this means Inter are champions now with Roma 2nd Palermo 3rd, all those teams got off lightly, its a bad day for football this, Milan got off the lightest.

ReputationRep:
    Why were Inter Milan not relegated as well?

ReputationRep:
    Because Inter have nothing to do with the allegations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Why were Inter Milan not relegated as well?
    Nothing to do with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    He had a poor final season, but that doesnt mean he couldnt hack it anymore. He probably wont go back to England and as you say, i dont see why he'd go to manure. I dont think he particularly enjoyed his time in serie a either. The fans got on his back alot. He could follow capello to real madrid.
    Who knows where Vieira will end up. I'm still putting my money on Spain or Italy. If he came back to England I would be more shocked then anyone and eat my words with a knife and fork

Imagine English footy if alot of the players end up in the Prem, would make it very interesting. I'm guessing some teams in Serie B will get promoted o make up the numbers in Serie A

...and Villa really need to dust off the chequebook right now

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Apparently they are just reprieving the teams who would have been relegated, although one of them is under investigation as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizer)
    ^^ Apparently they are just reprieving the teams who would have been relegated, although one of them is under investigation as well!
    Well if they were match-fixing, they did a piss poor job!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    Yeh. When was the last time Milan got 22 ppoints (or whatever) more than us in the league?
    TISH!

But yeh, like I said, we'll still find a way to lose it.
    Milan wont have any champions league fixtures so they'll concentrate solely on the serie A and italian cup. And with 6 teams which were in serie B this season, i dont see them dropping too many points. I think they will be the favourites to win the league.

ReputationRep:
    Whoops, I meant whi AC milan were not relegated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    I do think he deserves it, and this has nothing to do with Ronaldo because as the referee said, Rooney was sent off for "violent play" i.e. the stamp and generally being very brash, instead of that push on Ronaldo. He wasn't looking at Carvalaho which means that hitting the groin area probably wasn't intentional, but the very action of stamping was uncalled for, and certainly deliberate.
    Incorrect. In your opinion perhaps it was deliberate, but it was not 'certainly deliberate'. I am told, for example, that the video evidence would not stand up in a court of law and that is certainly what I think. The evidence was inconclusive and the only person who knows is Rooney. He has said that it was not intended and, considering certain factors, I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Remember, the only thing we do know is that a player loses his balance and his foot ends up in the groin of another player.

1. Temper. Rooney clearly loses his temper though this appears to happen after the stamping incident. Rooney looks annoyed at Ronaldo and then snaps, pushing him. On leaving the field his anger seems to build, he lashes out at things. Surely if he had lost his temper before the anger would have built before rather than cooling and then rebuilding?

2. Position. Rooney was losing his balance and, considering the position of his stable foot, the only place to put his foot to keep balance was where he did put it.

3. Rooney's eyes appear to have been on the ball, not on the man.

4. The 'stamp' appeared to lack the agression and force of what I would consider a stamping action to be. If a frustrated man becomes angry and stamps I would expect it to be much more forceful than that. The force used is akin to a 'push off' force. It could easily be considered as that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sak-y)
    did you also notice that in general, commentators were quick to condemn Zidane but not Rooney...:rolleyes:
    Ah yes, roll your eyes, it has nothing to do at all with the fact that one was a clear cut headbutt and one, well, was much less obvious as to intent. That's why they complained about the Figo headbutt too. Because he's not English!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Whoops, I meant whi AC milan were not relegated.
    Berlusconi no doubt.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Berlusconi no doubt.....
    Once again, anyone who has followed the case from the start will know the allegations and evidence against AC Milan were so much milder than for the others, in particularly Juventus.

Berlusconi is probably responsible for a lot of corruption in Italian football but it's lazy to point this at him :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Once again, anyone who has followed the case from the start will know the allegations and evidence against AC Milan were so much milder than for the others, in particularly Juventus.

Berlusconi is probably responsible for a lot of corruption in Italian football but it's lazy to point this at him :rolleyes:
    Milan should have got relegated considering Lazio and Fiorentina were relegated.

ReputationRep:
    bbc and itv are useless, andy gray is the best by far, brilliant lad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie)
    Incorrect. In your opinion perhaps it was deliberate, but it was not 'certainly deliberate'. I am told, for example, that the video evidence would not stand up in a court of law and that is certainly what I think. The evidence was inconclusive and the only person who knows is Rooney. He has said that it was not intended and, considering certain factors, I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Remember, the only thing we do know is that a player loses his balance and his foot ends up in the groin of another player.

1. Temper. Rooney clearly loses his temper though this appears to happen after the stamping incident. Rooney looks annoyed at Ronaldo and then snaps, pushing him. On leaving the field his anger seems to build, he lashes out at things. Surely if he had lost his temper before the anger would have built before rather than cooling and then rebuilding?

2. Position. Rooney was losing his balance and, considering the position of his stable foot, the only place to put his foot to keep balance was where he did put it.

3. Rooney's eyes appear to have been on the ball, not on the man.

4. The 'stamp' appeared to lack the agression and force of what I would consider a stamping action to be. If a frustrated man becomes angry and stamps I would expect it to be much more forceful than that. The force used is akin to a 'push off' force. It could easily be considered as that.
    ditto

ReputationRep:
    Juventus are ****ed..
    Might aswell just stick them in serie b now.
    Let the bargain hunt begin..zlatan please rafa

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.