Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Ha Ha. This is what happens when you disrespect the gunners; misfortune sticks to your arse. Viera has joined the long(ish) list of such players including Petit, Edu, Parlour, Seaman, that french striker what's his name that plays in turkey now (I think), and others I can't remember now. This proves without doubt that God is an Arsenal supporter.

btw, Zambrotta if he has any sense would take this opportunity to join the gunners, like he's always wanted.

ReputationRep:
    Juventus want to keep their players, its not going to happen. Veira, couldnt give a **** where he goes, zlatan is definitely worth a try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu)
    Ha Ha. This is what happens when you disrespect the gunners; misfortune sticks to your arse. Viera has joined the long(ish) list of such players including Petit, Edu, Parlour, Seaman, that french striker what's his name that plays in turkey now (I think), and others I can't remember now. This proves without doubt that God is an Arsenal supporter.

btw, Zambrotta if he has any sense would take this opportunity to join the gunners, like he's always wanted.
    Nicholas Anelka.. plays for Fenerbahce now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    shut up you're quiet for most of the match, however much i hate to admit it but even anfield's atmosphere eclipses yours 100x
    our atmosphere is better than anfield definatley

were going out of inter toto cup lol drew 1-1 with lillestrom at home

ReputationRep:
    Juve relegati!

It's about time Juventus were severly punished for their behaviour in Serie A. In Italy everyone's known for ages that they've been involved in dodgy affairs ever since Moggi was appointed (and a few beforehand); drugs in the mid and late '90s, as well as a couple of debatable refereeing decisions going their way (such as the Inter penalty debacle). And to think that Dino Baggio was kicked off the Italian team when he made a money gesture to the referee after he was sent off in a Juventus-Parma game years ago:rolleyes: More than anything else, its about time the authorities dished out a harsh punishment - there are other teams I would have like to have seen sent down (e.g. Roma bribed referees with gold watches when they were at their peak), but I suppose you could call on double jeopardy and they should think themselves lucky they got away.

I feel a bit sorry for the Fiorentina supporters, as they've already had to go through a similar thing recently. But on the other hand, there's nothing that Italian fans prefer to winning, even against poor opposition, so they shouldn't be too disappointed.

Juventus have said they have enough cash to hold onto their players for another two years, although we all know that even after this, Juventus officials will still lie through their front teeth and chances are a lot of their top class players have relegation clauses in their contracts.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the players will probably just go out on loan to other clubs and then come back when everything is back to normal.

but anyway, does anyone have any videos of obvious match fixing decisions? I remember seeing a video of a German ref involved in match fixing sending off a player for no apparent reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Milan should have got relegated considering Lazio and Fiorentina were relegated.
    Exactly. Even if they weren't as bad as the others, if they match fixed they need to be relegated as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu)
    Can you back this up?

ReputationRep:
    any got any videos of obvious match-fixed decisions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    Most of the players will probably just go out on loan to other clubs and then come back when everything is back to normal.

but anyway, does anyone have any videos of obvious match fixing decisions? I remember seeing a video of a German ref involved in match fixing sending off a player for no apparent reason
    Watch Inter vs Juventus in 1998 for the most blatent match fixing ever. It more or less was a scudetto showdown in Turin. Ronaldo took a heavy bodycheck from Ronaldo (a clear penalty) but it was not given. Seconds later, Del Piero goes up the other end and falls down under the slightest contact. PENALTY. He missed it anyway!

See the match against Udinese aswell last season where Del Piero scored a blatent offside. See the game against Caligari where 7 mins of stoppage time were added because Juve were losing - surprise surprise - Cannavaro scored. See the game against Lazio where Dabo is sent off for doing practically nothing after Lazio take the lead. Theres countless number of times. In fact, just take a look at the refs face when Juve lose a game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woodlebert)
    any got any videos of obvious match-fixed decisions?
    heres the juve udinese one for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdWYs...ntus%20udinese

ReputationRep:
    Dont know if this was part of the allegations, but I always felt the Inter/Milan 2nd leg champions league quarter (?) final from a couple of years back was fixed. Cambiasso's goal ruled out, Shevchenko's headbutt etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    heres the juve udinese one for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdWYs...ntus%20udinese
    offside!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    hey umarf.

it seems we get too much stick. when we are the best fans in the world. its a fact. no other stadium have i visited have i seen fans as passionate as the geordies.. we fill 52k stadium every week. and we could double the capacity (damn listed buildings next to stadium) and still fill it.. Could man utd do that if they hadnt won anything for 30 years? simple.. No!
    I'm sorry, but I'd have to disagree. Yes, on Premiership matchdays St. James' Park is always full and yes, the fans are great when the team is doing well. But for most of the game the stadium is silent - its all well shouting when somebody scores, but there's no support to lift the team when they're behind or not playing particularly well.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the red card is giving for the pushing, not the stamping.

ReputationRep:
    ^ No, the referee confirmed it was for the stamp, though Rooney is denying doing it on purpose again:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/5184248.stm

ReputationRep:
    But the pushing at least makes the yellow card red

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s0301769)
    But the pushing at least makes the yellow card red
    What? There was no yellow card, it was a straight red. The referee claimed afterwards (as I recall) that the pushing did not deserve carding at all. If one considers the stamp intentional, as the referee says he did, then it will always be a straight red. If one considers the stamp unintentional, merely a placing of feet on an unfortunately placed groin, then there should be no card at all. Though I did worry about the push at the time in terms of a yellow card and the potential for missing a potential final, it would have been in addition to a red, or on it's own (my view) and thus it makes nothing a red.

ReputationRep:
    Try and dig out a tape of Liverpool v Inter. First time Liverpool were ever in european cup i think.
    Where we were told we would never win, no matter how well we tried. The mafia got at the ref.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Try and dig out a tape of Liverpool v Inter. First time Liverpool were ever in european cup i think.
    Where we were told we would never win, no matter how well we tried. The mafia got at the ref.
    lol. I doubt that - the Mafia are very much a southern thing. Now that Palermo are in Europe we may see some of that

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.