Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    course you would cos i support a team for a reason other than they win trophies, if we won nothing for another 50 years i wouldn't give a **** whereas over half your fans would **** off
    Great. Tell someone who gives a flying rat's arse. My whole street was a blue, most of my mates at school were blues, I've heard all the lame excuses before. LOL.

How many Evertonians does it take to change a lightbulb?

Spoiler:
    Show
    None - they're all quite happy living in the shadows

--------

Everton FC, just a mile away from greatness.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the one who brought sunderland up, don't see what relevance it has to newcastle.

Newcastle's problems start with the top and with Freddy Shepherd. Newcastle need to get rid of him if they want to succeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    and to be honest. freddy sheppard.. hes poured millions into the club. hes backed every manager with millions. its not his fault the managers have bought ****e.
    Eh? He's the one who appointed a manager which none of the fans wanted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    and to be honest. freddy sheppard.. hes poured millions into the club. hes backed every manager with millions. its not his fault the managers have bought ****e.
    It's not his fault? Ok so everyone thought Souness was going to be good didn't they now? Did FFS even bother to look at his past record?

ReputationRep:
    How many Liverpool supporters does it take to change a lightbulb?

none! they just moan and moan till its changed

ReputationRep:
    This is getting heated...

ReputationRep:
    Appointing a manager who was about 2 weeks away from the sack at his current club was a stroke of genius..

..for the rest of the league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theresa Smells)
    It's not his fault? Ok so everyone thought Souness was going to be good didn't they now? Did FFS even bother to look at his past record?
    League Cup at Liverpool! :p: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    He won the FA Cup in 1992 before proceeding to burning his bridges with the club. Roy Evans won the league cup (then called coca cola cup) in 94.

ReputationRep:
    plz... we'll be back in europe anyway so i'm not particularly bothered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    plz... we'll be back in europe anyway so i'm not particularly bothered
    pre season training camps don't count

ReputationRep:
    you know that bloke who got stitched up after the European cup final, and ended up in a foreign jail, is there any news on him?

ReputationRep:
    Where online can I watch the games for free?

I don't get them lovely premium channels in the US.

ReputationRep:
    Aylesbury United are experimenting with playing their home midweek games on a Monday this season to try and boost attendances. Thing is nobody is going to turn up on a cold tuesday night when there is Champions league on the tele

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Appointing a manager who was about 2 weeks away from the sack at his current club was a stroke of genius..

..for the rest of the league
    ..And now look at Blackburn. Brought in one of the best managers in the league, avoided relegation, stole Newcastles best player (bellamy), 6th place, Uefa Cup this season.

The futures bright, the futures blue and white.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    pre season training camps don't count
    We ain't having any in Europe so unlucky mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zlatan)
    ..And now look at Blackburn. Brought in one of the best managers in the league, avoided relegation, stole Newcastles best player (bellamy), 6th place, Uefa Cup this season.

The futures bright, the futures blue and white.:cool:
    he never should of sacked sir bobby to be honest.

appointment of Souness was to bring discipline. but souness is a confrontational manager. it was always going to end up in tears.

The appointment of Roeder is because no big name managers wanted to come. Plus Roeder i give credit to. Hes an ex newcastle player. so his hearts in it. hes a former defender. and last season he did sort our defence out. Bramble and Moore became solid. but now i think hes just keeping the seat warm for Shearer. i would love to see him do well.

He took us from 4 points off the relegation zone to 7th place. thats an achievement in itself. And if you looked at the table last season. on the games without souness at the end. and added everyother teams points up at that point. we'd be second. ahead of Chelsea at that point.

ReputationRep:
    Sacking Bobby Robson was the correct decision but to sack him a month into the season after giving him money to spend and after the transfer window was shut, was inept. To replace him with Souness was just comical.

And Roeder did well at the back end of last season, very well infact. But his past record and length of contract just shows how much faith Fat freddy has with him.

ReputationRep:
    Souness is interesting with his signings, He either buys donkeys or he buys gems. Emre and Parker look like fantastic players... And gamst-Pedersen was a snip at 1.5 million for Blackburn, However he does spend money on dodgy players, look at Michael Owen, Albert Luque and Corrado Grabbi...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.