Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Because they will actually sing.

Last season the championship was the 3rd most attended league in the world. Prem first, then La Liga, then the championship, then Serie A, Bunderleige. A lot of the clubs in the championship are not tinpot clubs. They have the potential to rival most of the clubs in the prem- if they had fairer funding.

My problem isnt with Sky, but the way that their money is distributed. What are the percentages? 80/90% of the money going to 20% of the clubs?... ... I'm not saying that the 90th placed club should get monies on a par with Premiership champions, but surely they should be getting a larger slice of Murdoch's pie than currently?

It used to be that 50% was split amongst the old Div 1, 25% split amongst Div 2, and 12.% to be split equally between each Div 3 and Div 4 clubs.

Now its completely ridiculous... £30 million per club in the Prem and 1.2 million per club in the Championship? (Goodness only knows what League One and Two clubs now get!)

ReputationRep:
    Where exactly did I blame Liverpool conceeding more goals on Kewell? I merely stated a fact that he went off and after that we conceeded 2 goals and DID NOT play better. That logic is as absurd as saying Liverpool improved AFTER HALF TIME because Kewell went off half way through the FIRST HALF - which is what you said initially.

What I'm saying is Liverpool played better as a direct result of Hamann coming on and the shape of the team completely changing at HT. How the hell anyone can disagree with that is beyond me. Nothing to do with Kewell going off injured because when he went off there was no improvement, and really no regression either. We were **** throughout the first 45. Coming to the conclusion that we were a better attacking side when Kewell went off solely because we conceeded more goals is farcical.

ffs, you're impossible. If you're going to disagree atleast put an argument up as to why the bit in bold is wrong and come out with something constructive instead of calling me "delusional", an "idiot" and showing "blind ignorance" is silly considering you havent made a single constructive point as to why my argument is wrong and yours is correct. Christ on a bike.

ReputationRep:
    Ok firstly the bit in bold makes no sense, Hamman didn't go off did he?:confused:

and you're not seeing the point here, You're saying Kewell going off made no difference because they remained **** for the rest of the 1st half. I'm saying that you cant expect to make him going off make an immediate difference but overall it did change the entire course of the game and imo it would be totally different if he had stayed on the park.

ReputationRep:
    Coming on

Damn thing wouldnt let me edit the bit in bold.

How do you know Kewell would have made no difference? Liverpool made 2 major changes in the 90 minutes against Milan,

The first was to take of Kewell (forced) for Smicer - it made no impact

The second was to take off Finnan, shift to three at the back with Hyypia, Traore and Carragher. Hamann and Alonso holding, Riise and Smicer out wide, Garcia and Gerrard playing just behind a lone striker of Baros and being given more freedom. i.e. a total revamp of the formation and system. As a result, we played better. MUCH better and infact had equalised by the 60th minute - 15 minutes after the change.

This argument has stemmed from the fact that you said

"2nd half changed because of the shape we played and having an extra body in midfield allowing Gerrard and Garcia more freedom."

Somehow makes me delusional. I cannot imagine how anyone who watched that game can even fathom that this is majorly innacurate.

As far as I'm concerned it was the 2nd (and major) change that made an impact, the fact that Kewell was off the pitch, for me, is a simple co-incidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    How the hell anyone can disagree with that is beyond me. Nothing to do with .
    I havent disagreed with that at all, you're making up arguments now, but to say to say it has absolutely nothing to do with kewell being replaced is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    What evidence is there to suggest it had to do with Kewell FFS? You can only compare things when 1 variable has changed. When he went off there was no positive difference. When we changed the system we were a better side.

What made us equalise to 3-3? The fact that Kewell had spent an extra 15 minutes off the pitch or the fact that we changed the way we were playing??

And no, I'm not making anything up.

We were as **** in the 20 minutes after kewell went off as we were in the 20 before. 2nd half changed because of the shape we played and having an extra body in midfield allowing Gerrard and Garcia more freedom. Finnan went off at HT and we improved also.
    you're so very delusional

ReputationRep:
    No way will away fans get 9000, in the league anyway. .

About 3-4000 max.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have to agree with narb here. Kewell is absolutely pants, a shocking example of a premierleague player, and anybody who trys to defend him either a) has some incredibly red-tinted glasses on, or b) is thinking of him in his Leeds days. Regardless of whether Liverpool, in one game, did better before he was sent off (don't really know how this was proving how good he is), his last 2/3 seasons have proved him to be a complete flop, and a player not worthy of pulling on one of the starting XI shirts for Liverpool.

Good midfield, yes - but if you include Kewell in that it'll bring the quality overall down somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    How many games did you watch last year involving Kewell? Considering your inane hatred for all things red I would've thought the answer to that would be 2 - the derby games. In which one he scored from all of 30 yards out and put the game at Anfield to bed.

He isn't as good as he was at Leeds, nowhere near but to say he is "is absolutely pants, a shocking example of a premierleague player" makes you lose all credibility. Try putting up a constructive argument for once ffs. I've said already he's lost all his pace and doesnt take on players enough as he used to but his ball retention is a lot better, his crossing is much improved and he's given a balance to the liverpool midfield that hadn't been there since maybe McManaman. Ask Geremi of Chelsea what he thought of Kewell at Old Trafford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    How many games did you watch last year involving Kewell? Considering your inane hatred for all things red I would've thought the answer to that would be 2 - the derby games. In which one he scored from all of 30 yards out and put the game at Anfield to bed.

He isn't as good as he was at Leeds, nowhere near but to say he is "is absolutely pants, a shocking example of a premierleague player" makes you lose all credibility. Try putting up a constructive argument for once ffs. I've said already he's lost all his pace and doesnt take on players enough as he used to but his ball retention is a lot better, his crossing is much improved and he's given a balance to the liverpool midfield that hadn't been there since maybe McManaman. Ask Geremi of Chelsea what he thought of Kewell at Old Trafford.
    Look, you're a red and i'm a blue - narb is neither and thus his opinion should be taken note of. Kewell had arguably his best game of the last 2 years against us last year, and scored a cracker. But aside from that, and a handful (literally) of other games, he hasn't been worthy of playing for you.

I'm sure you lot won't be moaning when he gets replaced on the right wing..

ReputationRep:
    Was the League cup, Fa Cup, Uefa cup treble your highlite season? Nice one on that by the way
    Yes it was actually. Apart from 2005, istanbul and all that.

Winning the cup treble was magnificent. I felt such pride in the city, players, club and manager. Seeing Carra's penalty, Owen single handedly destroy Arsenal and one of the best european finals ever was tremendous. Watching the whole of the liverpool squad, coaching staff etc. stood infront of the liverpool fans - banners, flags and scarves aloft- arm in arm, singing You'll Never Walk Alone after the final is one of my fondest memories as a Liverpool fan. And I know lots of 30+ year olds who will say the same thing.

I find it absolutely hilarious when people take the piss out of the 2001 treble because it was in some way mickey mouse. Do you think we care? I certainly couldn't care less to be honest. If you think following liverpool or football in general is all about bragging to your mates who's won the most trophies since the war ended (it's us btw :rolleyes: ) when they mean absolutely nothing to you except a bunch of 4 digit numbers. Or coming out with some fo the blandest, unoriginal wind up lines then you have virtually no idea the sort of passion football, and LFC, brings.

ReputationRep:
    So you can't come out with a constructive argument then? You cant tell me why he's an embarassment to the premiership when the likes of Salif Diao are earning 20k for doing sweet FA. In both of your posts you haven't mentioned a single part of his game, tactically or physically which is either good or bad.

And 2 things

1. He hasn't played on the right wing (with the exception of fluidity of formation in a game) under Benitez.

2. His best game in the last 2 years wasn't against you, far from it, Which shows how little you've watched him.

It has nothing to do with red v blue and you know it. Thats just a handy excuse for you to come out with when you cant come out with a constructive rhetoric.

ReputationRep:
    Arguement over.

ReputationRep:
    what ****** said arsenal fans will get outsung? what a lame comment
    we'll see who'll be singing at the end of the season

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool and Man utd have had great HISTORY, the future is bleak for english football in terms of english honours due to chelsea, although obviously other teams will win FA cup and league cup every so often. Both teams are good, both teams will not win the premiership or champions league for a long time (im hope im wrong) istanbul was amazing and so was man utd's final at barca but id like to see these repeated (very soon). I get annoyed when people so we won this in 1965 bla bla bla, no-one really cares, everyone knows. saying that though as a LEICESTER CITY fan, i often bring up our glory years 1998-1999(league cup runners up) 1999-2000 (league cup winners) in europe etc...which is good for a team like leicester, even if we did have a great team then.

so to sum this up, both teams are good, both teams have great histories. END OF STORY

ReputationRep:
    I'm giving out a link to see free footy for the 06-07 prem season. If you're interested pm me. First come first serve. Im giving it for the 1st 10 hu pm me.

ReputationRep:
    Cant you just post it? Either way I'll have it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I haven't heard of that one. Tell me. :p:
    Well, if you must know....

It was the Turkish cup final.
    Fenerbahce v Galatasaray
    (those two make the Old Firm look like best pals)
    Galatasaray had won the 1st leg 1-0 at home.
    So, in the 2nd leg, Fenerbahce were at home and leading 1-0. But right at the death, Dean Saunders scored a penalty for Galatasaray.
    The final whistle followed seconds later, Gala had won the cup.
    So... Souness (Gala manager) decides to immediately run onto the pitch and plant a huge Gala flag in the centre-circle of their fiercest rivals' own yard.
    Needless to say, there was a riot, and Souness had to spend the rest of the night in his hotel room, with police and security guards guarding him heavily.
    Some might say he is lucky to be alive.

Can you imagine Mr Wenger planting a huge Arsenal flag in the centre of White hart lane immediately after a similar scenario? Or Riijkard doing it at the Bernabeu? Well, multiply it by 10 and it gives you an idea.

ReputationRep:
    He's asking for positive rep first in exchange for giving out an illegal link.

Now what's the word for that.....? Except 'fool'.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.