Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Mann)
    Hehe yeah. But I think some people are just thick. Only way you could make it more obvious if you put flashing neon lights around it. :tsr2:
    Ha ha ha!! Now thats an idea!!:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    there was no repetition of the pun, but simply a confirmation there was one...
    Do you enjoy contradicting yourself? That fact that you confirmed it in brackets is repetition. Don't you read through what you, and others, write?

"....masturbating over the fella...." - there was no intentions for a hostility in this words representation/employment, there was no aggression, yet i believe you to pick up on it because you are the one clutching at straws because your arguments are absurdly poor.
    You can't determine how people will react to your words and phrases. That's why I answered back, and probably why Mc Watson told you to go 'wash the dishes'. If you hadn't have used the perceived hostile phrase you did, we wouldn't be here.

As for holding some views regarding gender equality, im not contradicting myself at all when saying, although certainly not ashamed or embarrassed to hold some liberal views on issues regarding women, i dont consider myself a feminist. Feminism pursues many a thing, as ive discussed in a previous post, there are depths to it, pursuits for greater equalities on many fronts, but my opinions regarding such issues are certainly not of a radical kind, with no particular depth to them - my views do not warrant a `you feminist` tagging, and i would not consider myself a feminist purely because i hold certain views regarding womens rights - as ive previously invited you to, go and have a look at my posting history and look at the `Equal Pay at Wimbledon` thread. Then come back to me and decide for myelf whether i`m a feminist :rolleyes: Again, im repeating myself just to get points through to you, again....
    All this is redundant. Read my earlier post. ..the fact is that you contradicted yourself in this thread; something which you have consistently failed to grasp. You disproportianately reacted to being called a feminist a couple of posts after sticking up for women in regards to them being objects. All the stuff you keep telling me about the Wimbledon thread is irrelevant to the point I'm making.

Mis-use of the English language? Invisible to me, that. My arguments have been coherent and consistent thorughout, and maybe you should google `derogatory`.
    Why doesn't that surprise me? You have repeatedly overlooked the points I've made, contradicted yourself and used childish name-calling throughout but still fail to see it- either that or you're 'playing dumb' so-to-speak. Why don't you admit that you contradicted yourself and I'll go away. I don't like the way you worm your way out of things and then try and turn it on me. Why don't you go to D&D, read some of my posts, read the interraction I have with other people- maybe then you'll realise how to debate properly. At the very least you'll learn that worming your way out of things and covering up the cracks get spotted immediately. so I ask you, why perpetuate it? Why not admit you were wrong to use the obsceneties and over-reacted and I'll stop posting?

'derogatory' is interchangeable with 'disparaging'. Look that word up, you obviously don't understand that I took offense to your 'disparaging/derogatory' remarks.

You`re not reading my posts, you`re spinning things repetitively....and you consistently choose to go on with non-issues....ones which i have already explained and given my position on in (a) previous post(s).
    Most of your 'points' are reduntant, because you always ignore the queries I put to you.

ReputationRep:
    My last two (or 6 six posts....) have explained everything that needs to be explained, yet somehow you choose to come back and argue about the points i raise. This is going nowhere. I think you have shown yourself extremely weak in this particular debate and discussion...

my stance is my stance
    your stance is your stance

i believe your attacks on my stance utterly `redundant`....and like derogatory isn`t spelt, and i quote Klinsmannic, `derogetory`....

other examples of yours....

disproportianately
    reduntant

so i mis-use the english language?

you`re spinning things again, you`re deliberately, obviously, mistaking my superior debating skills (evidently demonstrated on this thread) for your alleged `worming out of arguments being raised...`. A master of self deceit, should i refer to you as prime minister blair? Evidently, you enjoy employing the word `redundant` in your posts, with such popularity of usage, one would expect (by this late stage) at least a correct spelling version of it.

I quote you, again: "and used childish name-calling throughout".

`throughout` is `exactly what it says on the tin`....my swear words were in one post, and only that. I struggle to see how this could be described as a thoroughly regular exercise of mine, an isolated incident, certainly, but not representing a consistency of existence. But hey, you have spun things and continue to do so....again, your arguments are, well, redundant, spurious....

Regards
    WHW:

edit: as this is going on and on, maybe it would be a good idea for you have a last response of your own (i dont wish to impose anything on you of course...i`m merely proposing....), then the following two posts....just a post each with words `END`, or something to that effect.

ReputationRep:
    My last two (or 6 six posts....) have explained everything that needs to be explained, yet somehow you choose to come back and argue about the points i raise. This is going nowhere. I think you have shown yourself extremely weak in this particular debate and discussion...
    You swear, contradict yourself, use words like masturbate in the wrong context then have the audacity to turn everything on me?

Why don't you get back to the points raised and maybe we will go somewhere.

my stance is my stance
    your stance is your stance

i believe your attacks on my stance utterly `redundant`....and like derogatory isn`t spelt, and i quote Klinsmannic, `derogetory`....

disproportianately
    reduntant

This post sums you up. You can't tackle the points I actually raise, so you revert to using typos or spelling mistakes to divert attention.

you`re spinning things again, you`re deliberately, obviously, mistaking my superior debating skills (evidently demonstrated on this thread) for your alleged `worming out of arguments being raised...`. A master of self deceit, should i refer to you as prime minister blair? Evidently, you enjoy employing the word `redundant` in your posts, with such popularity of usage, one would expect (by this late stage) at least a correct spelling version of it.
    Boasting about your superiority, that's a new one lol. I'm going to have to use that over at D&D next time :rolleyes:. People must be laughing, because i certainly am.

Again, worming your way out of addressing the issues.

I quote you, again: "and used childish name-calling throughout".

`throughout` is `exactly what it says on the tin`....my swear words were in one post, and only that. I struggle to see how this could be described as a thoroughly regular exercise of mine, an isolated incident, certainly, but not representing a consistency of existence. But hey, you have spun things and continue to do so....again, your arguments are, well, redundant, spurious....
    you've called me 'stupid' numerous times. 'masturbating over the fella' You awaited my 'bulls****y' response. 'you're full of crap'. This is the type of mis-use of the English language that gives football fans a bad name.

Your posts are redundant because you fail to address my points, and refuse to acknowledge that you contadicted yourself and over-reacted. As soon as you do admit it I'll stop posting, as you so frequently request me to.

edit: as this is going on and on, maybe it would be a good idea for you have a last response of your own (i dont wish to impose anything on you of course...i`m merely proposing....), then the following two posts....just a post each with words `END`, or something to that effect.
    I urge you to read all the posts in this thread, and actually give answers to the points already raised. Stop using diversionary tactics like highlighting typos and praising your 'obvious superior debating ability (as shown in this thread)' lines.

I'll make it easy for you. Address the following directly, don't go around the houses and don't try and turn the points on me without at least addressing them first.

1) You seem to be extremely passionate against treating women as objects, yet you find being called a feminist outrageous. Feminism proposed gender equality, so your reaction to being called a feminist is contradictory. I don't want to know what happens outside of this thread; you made the posts in this thread, so try and tackle those. Opposing Females as objects is fair enough, but the disproportionate response (the one where you called Mc Watson a '***** prick') stinks of ignorance.

2) 'there was no repetition of the pun, but simply a confirmation there was one...' This is another contradiction. Anyway, I don't understand why there needed to be a confirmation. Furthermore why was the '...' used after it?

3)
    disproportianately
    reduntant
    'mis-use' implies that the poster is conscious of what he is doing, i.e swearing and making derogatory remarks. Typos and spelling mistakes are intrinsically unintentional. Why do you persist in using these kind of diversionary tactics? One can be a pedant and tackle the points raised, try it sometime.

4) you said:
    'I will flame people when they label me a feminist, the guy, the OP, was downright aggressive in his post towards me, and my post in no way warranted aggression and the tone of his post he directed towards me and my comments...he was the one abusively flaming and acting like a maniac.'
    Explain this.

5) You also said:
    ive dismissed your `arguments` will absolute ease and i see no point in this thread being bent any further than it has already... I think you have shown yourself extremely weak in this particular debate and discussion...my superior debating skills (evidently demonstrated on this thread)
    Instead of proclaiming your excellence, why not let your so-called debating skills do the talking?

Once these are addressed I'll post up the next set of points for you to find answers to.

ReputationRep:
    We love you Spice Girls. Na na na nananana.

ReputationRep:
    "The Dugout"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    "The Dugout"
    Blatant rip off of the Championship Manager / Football Manager forums :p:

ReputationRep:
    Dam I remember now, must have been subconscious :p:

ReputationRep:
    Soccer forum :rofl:

not

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I still think Ronaldo's "The Dugout" idea is the best one, even if it is a rip-off from somewhere else

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, if people can't see that there's a specific forum for football posts called "FOOTBALL" then a fancy, ambiguous name won't help lol !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    To be honest, I still think Ronaldo's "The Dugout" idea is the best one, even if it is a rip-off from somewhere else
    No! Sounds so American! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    You swear, contradict yourself, use words like masturbate in the wrong context then have the audacity to turn everything on me?

Why don't you get back to the points raised and maybe we will go somewhere.

This post sums you up. You can't tackle the points I actually raise, so you revert to using typos or spelling mistakes to divert attention.

Boasting about your superiority, that's a new one lol. I'm going to have to use that over at D&D next time :rolleyes:. People must be laughing, because i certainly am.

Again, worming your way out of addressing the issues.

you've called me 'stupid' numerous times. 'masturbating over the fella' You awaited my 'bulls****y' response. 'you're full of crap'. This is the type of mis-use of the English language that gives football fans a bad name.

Your posts are redundant because you fail to address my points, and refuse to acknowledge that you contadicted yourself and over-reacted. As soon as you do admit it I'll stop posting, as you so frequently request me to.

I urge you to read all the posts in this thread, and actually give answers to the points already raised. Stop using diversionary tactics like highlighting typos and praising your 'obvious superior debating ability (as shown in this thread)' lines.

I'll make it easy for you. Address the following directly, don't go around the houses and don't try and turn the points on me without at least addressing them first.

1) You seem to be extremely passionate against treating women as objects, yet you find being called a feminist outrageous. Feminism proposed gender equality, so your reaction to being called a feminist is contradictory. I don't want to know what happens outside of this thread; you made the posts in this thread, so try and tackle those. Opposing Females as objects is fair enough, but the disproportionate response (the one where you called Mc Watson a '***** prick') stinks of ignorance.

2) 'there was no repetition of the pun, but simply a confirmation there was one...' This is another contradiction. Anyway, I don't understand why there needed to be a confirmation. Furthermore why was the '...' used after it?

3)

'mis-use' implies that the poster is conscious of what he is doing, i.e swearing and making derogatory remarks. Typos and spelling mistakes are intrinsically unintentional. Why do you persist in using these kind of diversionary tactics? One can be a pedant and tackle the points raised, try it sometime.

4) you said:

Explain this.

5) You also said:

Instead of proclaiming your excellence, why not let your so-called debating skills do the talking?

Once these are addressed I'll post up the next set of points for you to find answers to.

I'm not extremely passionate on feminism, not at all. On this thread ive been passionate upon explaining my position about gender equality, and not treating women like ornaments. One of the main points of mine you keep raising is this objectification, i'm this so called `extremely passionate` because I KEEP HAVING TO REPEAT MY POSITION TO YOU on this objectification....this is maybe why you appear to have come to perceive me as that of a 'passionate' feminist....

The pun was only used the once, only once in the 'natural form' of a pun being used. The ('car crash'...) in brackets acted as a confirmation that there had been one. This is not a repetition of the pun, a mere confirmation i had used it previously, to alert its usage to the readers attention....as such, i didn't repeat the pun, a confirmation is not a repetition of a pun in its first natural, initial sense of employment. There's no such contradiction, just as there hasnt been with my so-called 'passionate' about feminism stance, yet myself fervently rejecting being labelled (and aggressively so) a feminist, "go clean the dishes you feminist". And unlike yourself, who is strongly intent on taking things wholly out of context (i.e. my alleged contextual inappropriateness of employing the descriptive `masturbating' regarding the now reknowned 'masturbation and fella' sentence)

dont spin the definition of 'mis-use', christ you`re actually making up definitions of your own now....you complained of me with this `mis-use`, but your posts are littered, not only with incoherent ramblings but poor spelling.

The OPs first response to my first post was aggressive in tone, "you feminist...." besides the general tone...he was flaming me for something i'm not and acting like a maniac. I have explained this point numerous occasions now.

and again you choose to spin my 'masturbation and fella line' into something hostile......which it was never intentioned to be, and your constructed perception of its hostility is a bewildering construction i must say.

You argue about my 'disproportionate' reaction to being called a feminist by the OP. I find that labelling a downright insult, i'm not a feminist, and if you checked through the Equal Pay Wimbledon thread, you'd come to appreciate this. It was a strong, aggressive tone, and a post containing an insult, and my first post on this thread certainly did not warrant it. His aggressive response stunned and propelled me into this uncharacteristic aggression of my own in my initial self defence. My alleged 'disproportionate reaction' to the OP, also doesn't concern you....how can you feel insulted by my attacking his attack on myself?? Maybe your blood-related.....whatever.... If the OP has concerns, he should voice them. In fact, he did do yesterday via private messaging and i replied to his that i was disgusted by the points he raised and particularly the tone in which he used to employ said points.

Regards
    WHW

ReputationRep:
    Cant FIFA do something?

ReputationRep:
    Is Eurosport a free channel on Sky Digital or do you have to pay for it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not extremely passionate on feminism, not at all. On this thread ive been passionate upon explaining my position about gender equality, and not treating women like ornaments. One of the main points of mine you keep raising is this objectification, i'm this so called `extremely passionate` because I KEEP HAVING TO REPEAT MY POSITION TO YOU on this objectification....this is maybe why you appear to have come to perceive me as that of a 'passionate' feminist....
    This proves you haven't read a word I've written. Either that or you're fibbing. I haven't called you a feminist. From the start I have been highlighting your contradiction which I'll explain once more. You said you were against the objectification of women but the way you aggressively reacted to being called one was a contradiction, since they are both intrinsically linked. Please tell me whether you think this is a contradiction:

Mc Watson: 'Go wash the dishes you feminist'
    WHW: 'dont ever call me a ****ing feminist again, you prick. That`s the last thing i am or ever will be... Having this opinion doesnt make me a feminist, you prick...and if you happened to neg rep me, go **** yourself.'

Destroying the objectification of women and feminism are directly linked. In fact getting rid of objectification is a major facet of feminism, since feminism, by definition, proposes gender equality. Your reaction at being called a feminist is therefore contradictory. If you actually bother reading anything I've written you would have picked this up quite early on, but you choose to overlook it. You may not be a feminist as you so vehemently state, but there is a distinct contradiction with regards to your reaction. Further evidence is as follows:

you said

'If im a feminist for posting in such a manner, then many others too will be called feminists, you too are seemingly, as you dont appreciate his messing around, extra maritals, as youve said, he was no role model off the pitch...so hello feminist '

Here you admitted that feminism and non-objectification are directly linked, so much so that you called me a feminist for agreeing with you on the objectification issue.

The pun was only used the once, only once in the 'natural form' of a pun being used. The ('car crash'...) in brackets acted as a confirmation that there had been one. This is not a repetition of the pun, a mere confirmation i had used it previously, to alert its usage to the readers attention....as such, i didn't repeat the pun, a confirmation is not a repetition of a pun in its first natural, initial sense of employment. There's no such contradiction, just as there hasnt been with my so-called 'passionate' about feminism stance, yet myself fervently rejecting being labelled (and aggressively so) a feminist, "go clean the dishes you feminist". And unlike yourself, who is strongly intent on taking things wholly out of context (i.e. my alleged contextual inappropriateness of employing the descriptive `masturbating' regarding the now reknowned 'masturbation and fella' sentence)
    This is as pretentious a paragraph you have written...

The actual 'content' of the paragraph, once I've looked beyond the ridiculous wording of it all, is flawed. You still haven't explained why you used the '...' after the second use of the phrase 'car crash'. You used it twice in the same sentence but earlier you said 'i didnt repeat the pun in the same sentence.' but it's obvious you did. You said the following:

'another died, alleged to have been in a car crash at age of middling 20s...for want of a better description, Garrincha led an absolute car crash, ooops sorry (car crash...) of a life'

It's plain to see that this is repetition because the bracket was preceded by the 'oops sorry'. You said that his son had a car crash, said his life was like a crash immediately after this, so why did you have to repeat it with the 'oops sorry (car crash...) of a life'.

dont spin the definition of 'mis-use', christ you`re actually making up definitions of your own now....you complained of me with this `mis-use`, but your posts are littered, not only with incoherent ramblings but poor spelling.
    How on earth can I spin the definition of 'mis-use' beacuse I was first to use it, so you spun your own definition, without even asking me what I meant by it. If you look at my original post where I used it, it was preceded by my criticism of your bad language. You inferred that it meant 'poor-spelling', but it implies intent, using language like 'masturbate' and general expletives- not typos.

The OPs first response to my first post was aggressive in tone, "you feminist...." besides the general tone...he was flaming me for something i'm not and acting like a maniac. I have explained this point numerous occasions now.
    He acted like a maniac for telling you to 'wash the dishes you feminist'. I can't see anything else from his post that sounds hostile. You called him a prick and gernerally your language was vile, including the masturbation (which I perceived to be hostile, as did Mc Watson for him to have told you to wash the dishes). This was your 'mis-use'.

You argue about my 'disproportionate' reaction to being called a feminist by the OP. I find that labelling a downright insult, i'm not a feminist, and if you checked through the Equal Pay Wimbledon thread, you'd come to appreciate this. It was a strong, aggressive tone, and a post containing an insult, and my first post on this thread certainly did not warrant it. His aggressive response stunned and propelled me into this uncharacteristic aggression of my own in my initial self defence. My alleged 'disproportionate reaction' to the OP, also doesn't concern you....how can you feel insulted by my attacking his attack on myself?? Maybe your blood-related.....whatever.... If the OP has concerns, he should voice them. In fact, he did do yesterday via private messaging and i replied to his that i was disgusted by the points he raised and particularly the tone in which he used to employ said points.
    I'm not related to him, in fact I've never even messaged him before, I don't even think I've quoted him before. I just object to people contradicting themselves and swearing at people, calling them stupid for no other reason then a basic inferrence that fighting objectification and feminism are intrinsically linked. This has all stemmed from the fact that you probably didn't know what feminism actually meant. Next time can you make comments beneath each of my paragraphs, mainly because I don't like the way you overlook a lot of my points. And the Wimbledon thread is irrelevant because from the start I have linked the fight against objectification and feminism ALONE- they are the dependant variables or the paramters in the debate so don't go outside of them :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Fred

ReputationRep:
    it comes with the basic package. you dont need the sports package to get it, like with sky sports news

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i thinks its free.

ReputationRep:
    or you can name the other one to, 'dont post football topics here?' :idea:

i cant think of anything atm! :ninja:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.