• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgo)
    :p:

i dont agree with gerrard, hes cheated many times in his career, why doesnt he write about that
    Have you read the book?

ReputationRep:
    As I said, Gerrard has a habit of running his mouth.

He claimed during the season that as Liverpool captain he'd have a serious word with any teammate who dived. And in a pre-World Cup friendly he dives to win a penalty. Very classy Steve.

He's not the great knight in shining armour the press would have you believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    Gerrard said Walcott shouldn't have gone.

You said Walcott shouldn't have gone.

Everyone says Walcott shouldn't have gone.

Therefore, you, I and everyone else agrees with him.
    gerrard is also a diver, would you agree?

ReputationRep:
    Have you read the book?
    why would i want to read it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    As I said, Gerrard has a habit of running his mouth.

He claimed during the season that as Liverpool captain he'd have a serious word with any teammate who dived. And in a pre-World Cup friendly he dives to win a penalty. Very classy Steve.

He's not the great knight in shining armour the press would have you believe.
    yer thanks Juwel, thats a superb point. I'm also a man utd fan.

ReputationRep:
    guesstimate says... united fan. in which case, "awww"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgo)
    why would i want to read it?
    So if you haven't read the book, what right do you have to say 'hes cheated many times in his career, why doesnt he write about that'?!

How would you know if he has written about it or not if you haven't read the book? :doh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    guesstimate says... united fan. in which case, "awww"
    :suith:

ReputationRep:
    Him being a Manchester United fan should not mean his opinion is worth any less. Unless this has biased his thinking, which I sadly suspect is happening here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Him being a Manchester United fan should not mean his opinion is worth any less. Unless this has biased his thinking, which I sadly suspect is happening here.
    its not him being a manu fan i'm bothered about - its the united tinted glasses he is wearing, ie, lambasting gerrard for saying what he feels and what we really all believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgo)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIzawprkcHo

O yeah steven gerrard is a very fair player... .give me a break please

That one clip shows a lot
    my knee gives way occasionally too. he got up quick and never appealed anyhting - what do you want him to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    He's being stupid. He claims Gerrard didn't write about certain things when he hasn't even read the book. :doh:

Oh and his neg rep is worth 0 :doh:

ReputationRep:
    its not him being a manu fan i'm bothered about - its the united tinted glasses he is wearing, ie, lambasting gerrard for saying what he feels and what we really all believe.
    That's fair enough, as long as we remember that Gerrard talking about cheating ought to look at the man in the mirror.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    That's fair enough, as long as we remember that Gerrard talking about cheating ought to look at the man in the mirror.
    nobody is perfect. gerrard has dived in the past - but its not a regular thing.

ReputationRep:
    He's being stupid. He claims Gerrard didn't write about certain things when he hasn't even read the book. :doh:

looks like your warning levels keep going up mate.
    Gerrard has dived on many occasions which is my point. Hes no saint.

ReputationRep:
    farfhan neg repped me claiming i'm an idiot, haha, no wonder he has so many warnings

ReputationRep:

I think negative rep just for disagreeing was out of order.

UPDATE: That goes for both of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgo)
    looks like your warning levels keep going up mate.
    Gerrard has dived on many occasions which is my point. Hes no saint.
    give me any player who is?

ReputationRep:
    Lucas Radebe maybe.

Actually the stories you hear about Jamie Carragher recently would make him quite a saint. And he'd had his moments early in his career.

ReputationRep:
    Bradley Wright-Phillips

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.