The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

morgo
looks like your warning levels keep going up mate.
Gerrard has dived on many occasions which is my point. Hes no saint.
2 warning points don't bother me :smile: So long as it doesn't go up to 15 I'm fine.

My point was you claimed something you don't even know. You keep ignoring this because you know you are wrong.

You were being stupid (your silly claim) which is why I negged you.
Reply 9741
justfarhan
2 warning points don't bother me :smile: So long as it doesn't go up to 15 I'm fine.

My point was you claimed something you don't even know. You keep ignoring this because you know you are wrong.

You were being stupid (your silly claim) which is why I negged you.

i have my opinion as does everyone. Just because I dont agree with you should make you annoyed man. I know my fair deal about football thanks. I dont want to have a slagging match with you.
Reply 9742
El Chueco
give me any player who is?

andreas ikasson
Reply 9743
jamlan
Bradley Wright-Phillips

Lawl.
Gerrard is spot on. People who disagree with him are gay. fact.
morgo
andreas ikasson

swedish goalkeeper huh? so no united players spring to mind then?
Reply 9746
Goalkeepers don't exactly hav th opportunity to misbehave. Lehmann still manages it tho lol
El Chueco
give me any player who is?

C.Ronaldo :biggrin:
sarforaz
C.Ronaldo :biggrin:

forgot about him... my bad...
Reply 9749
El Chueco
swedish goalkeeper huh? so no united players spring to mind then?

OH?

You knows it :cool:
I've lost some respect for Gerrard with what he has said....

Had an England teammate had his balls stomped on deliberately, which i strongly believe it to have been (that is Rooney's stamp on the Portuguese player in the QF), then there would have been various england players rushing to attack the opposition player....they'd have loved to have had a numerical advantage, playing with 11 vs a portuguese side with only 10 players, "take anything you're given" type of attitude....

Rooney deliberately stamped on that player, the sheer force he exerted, sure he wasn't looking that way, but he knew there was a player behind him, and it just so happened that his deliberate stamp hit the genitalia of the opponent in question, and with quite some force exerted...

I have also lost respect for Rooney, saying referees have got it in for him and are headline grabbers etc...the fact is, rooney still has a temperament, one which he needs to control...some of us thought it had evaporated into thin air, new fresh evidence points to the unfortunate contrary...

I'm a Man United fan myself, don't appreciate what Rooney is doing and saying, effectively lying to cover his own back and blame other players for his sending off (which he thoroughly deserved)...the reality is Rooney has got off extremely lightly with what he did in the portugal game and has successfully it seems, shifted attention to referees and opposition players so as to make life much more easier for himself....

I'd say pathetic talk by gerrard and pathetic talk and behaviour by Rooney....
Reply 9751
i dont know if anyones said this yet but you do realise they try to make what he says as controversial as possible so the stuff in the book is a highly exaggerated form of what stevey g actually said... but you guys surely know that right?

when talking bout ronaldo he probs just said... 'fair kop hes a good player like... but y'kno it was a little bit out of order what he did'
Reply 9752
I'd say Walcott shouldn't have been selected, and that Ronaldo is a disgrace. Even excluding what happened in the WC, Ronaldo is a disgrace. Sometimes, u can get caught up in th moment, and make a mistake, ie deliberately going down, a dangerous tackle, gettin worked up at the ref. His "gamesmanship" is far too common for it to be dismissed or ignored
Reply 9753
jakatak
i dont know if anyones said this yet but you do realise they try to make what he says as controversial as possible so the stuff in the book is a highly exaggerated form of what stevey g actually said... but you guys surely know that right?

when talking bout ronaldo he probs just said... 'fair kop hes a good player like... but y'kno it was a little bit out of order what he did'
Or u could read the parts in inverted commas...
Juwel
OH?

You knows it :cool:

touche. ole was mint.
jakatak

sure, but surely Gerrard is keen to check just how exactly he and his opinions are being articulated in the book?? Maybe he doesn't give a crap, is verging on the illiterate and takes no interest (fair enough, he's an elite footballer and one of the best in the world, a footballing genius as such) in how his opinions are conveyed by the author....

or maybe he's happy with the tone of controversy in his book, and his opinions really are as strong as suggested by the language in his book...
Reply 9756
perhaps but whatever his opinion.. hes getting a lot of money for this dictated autobiography so he has no choice but to accept what the publishers think will sell...

he did consent to it though so has declared the views published to be his own.. and his views were fairly radical but pretty common throughout the footballing world
Reply 9757
El Chueco
touche. ole was mint.

Is, my friend, is.
Reply 9758
yer good points made by the wizard chap. I back him up.
jakatak
perhaps but whatever his opinion.. hes getting a lot of money for this dictated autobiography so he has no choice but to accept what the publishers think will sell...

he did consent to it though so has declared the views published to be his own.. and his views were fairly radical but pretty common throughout the footballing world

and his publishers and author will be getting a nice bit of money too, i would imagine. I would think he has powers to influence exactly what is written as he is afterall, STEVEN GERRARD, plays for a top english club, plays for a top european club and plays for England. And you're saying he can have no real input....:rolleyes:

Latest