The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9760
I doubt that Gerrard would express an opinion held to be unpopular to the footballing world somehow.
Reply 9761
steven gerrard didnt have to say what he said really. The ref has stated ronaldo had played no in the dismissal of rooney.
morgo
steven gerrard didnt have to say what he said really. The ref has stated ronaldo had played no in the dismissal of rooney.

You know what your right- because there is no way the ref could be telling fibs is there?
morgo

Rooney got sent off precisely because he committed a red card offence, he deliberately stamped on a player he knew was positioned directly behind him (it just so happened he stood on the players cock and balls)...not because Ronaldo alerted the referee to something he didn't see.

I don't agree with what Rooney is saying and he's trying to paint himself as an angel, the evidence points to the contrary. He's almost as self deluded as Tony Blair and his strong belief and trust in his foreign policy...

Irrespective of Ronaldo and his alleged role in 'getting' rooney sent off (which i don't believe), Rooney committed a red card offence, a downright aggressive lunge, and it warranted a red card. I have no grudge against Ronaldo and what he did - he felt Rooney's lunge was both appalling and blatantly deliberate, so a natural reaction is to voice such concerns, he wanted to defend his own player and voice his exact feelings as to how his own player was unrightly stamped on....nothing wrong with this. When such a serious lunge does occur, such outcries from opposition is wholly expected, nothing corrupt or cheatful in this....
Juwel
Is, my friend, is.

i thought we were referring to him as a regular player, not a part time coach? :smile:
morgo

I hate this ref argument: the ref can't exactly admit to being influenced by any players can he?
Reply 9766
Got say that i agree 100% with everything that he said.

COncerning the sending off of Rooney and Ronaldo's part to Walcott having no right to be on that plane. How can he, he didnt play a minute of Prem football
Regarding Gerrard's take on Walcott, i agree with his opinion...but on Rooney and Ronaldo, i disagree strongly.

i just hope his opinion wasn't voiced in such a strong, aggressive tone, that could maybe effect their relations....afterall, Walcott could come to play for the senior england team at some point down the line, if not in the immediate sense, then potentially in the long run. We don't want little niggles between players do we....
Reply 9768
Im sure Walcott understood he had no right to be on that plane aswell, sure it wont matter in the long run
Cano234
Im sure Walcott understood he had no right to be on that plane aswell, sure it wont matter in the long run

i'd have thought so...besides, how can you expect a player in his world cup selection predicament, to turn-down the opportunity of a lifetime to go to a world cup (albeit to live life as a bench warmer).

I'd prefer to bench warm, and be involved with a football squad, at a WORLD CUP, rather than being at home, watching games at the local pub with some cockney chavs as company :biggrin:
white_haired_wizard
i'd have thought so...besides, how can you expect a player in his world cup selection predicament, to turn-down the opportunity of a lifetime to go to a world cup (albeit to live life as a bench warmer).

I'd prefer to bench warm, and be involved with a football squad, at a WORLD CUP, rather than being at home, watching games at the local pub with some cockney chavs as company :biggrin:

Obviously yes. Walcott probably knew he should not have been on that plane, but it would seem even more disgraceful if he had turned down a chance to play for his country, so he had no choice in that sense. It was Sven's fault basically.
Reply 9771
white_haired_wizard

Yer absoluterly, nobody could expect him to say thanks but no thanks to Sven, the real person to blame is Sven for even picking him.:rolleyes:

But then we are England, something has to go wrong in preperation to the World Cup and during it, if it didnt it wouldnt quite feel like a World Cup:smile:
Reply 9772
obviously walcoot should have gone. I'm just surprised with the use of gerrards words, it could affect their long term relationship.
Cano234
Yer absoluterly, nobody could expect him to say thanks but no thanks to Sven, the real person to blame is Sven for even picking him.:rolleyes:

But then we are England, something has to go wrong in preperation to the World Cup and during it, if it didnt it wouldnt quite feel like a World Cup:smile:

I'm starting to think, the problem England have is one of a gross over-preparation, a crazy build-up, representing an epic elongation akin to the western christmas season...and then just loads of F.A crapping around with friendlies and changing personnel at a ridiculous rate...i think this is what brazil have been doing of late too, and look where this got them in this world cup :biggrin:
Reply 9774
morgo
obviously walcoot should have gone. I'm just surprised with the use of gerrards words, it could affect their long term relationship.

Nah i doubt it will, also i have yet to see anyhting from Walcott to suggest that he will be a future starter for England. If he does it wont be for some years, and this will be long forgotten by then
Reply 9775
white_haired_wizard
I'm starting to think, the problem England have is one of a gross over-preparation, a crazy build-up, representing an epic elongation akin to the western christmas season...and then just loads of F.A crapping around with friendlies and changing personnel at a ridiculous rate...i think this is what brazil have been doing of late too, and look where this got them in this world cup :biggrin:

Yer that could be a reason, there are so many things really that we try to blame it on. The one thing that i notice about England is that we always play all our best players irrelevent of how they play together. We need a coach that is going to find a team to fit a system, that might be upsetting a few people by having a 'Star' player have to sit out but we need a team, not a bunch of 'star' players who have trouble playing together.
Reply 9776
I'm not sure mclaren is the coach who can take us to that next step.
Reply 9777
morgo
I'm not sure mclaren is the coach who can take us to that next step.

Neither am i. Thats whats so worrying:confused:
Cano234
Yer that could be a reason, there are so many things really that we try to blame it on. The one thing that i notice about England is that we always play all our best players irrelevent of how they play together. We need a coach that is going to find a team to fit a system, that might be upsetting a few people by having a 'Star' player have to sit out but we need a team, not a bunch of 'star' players who have trouble playing together.

i agree entirely :smile:
Reply 9779
Cano234
Neither am i. Thats whats so worrying:confused:

yer im afraid we just need to get on with it.

Latest