39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    if i was that way inclined i'd stalk mikel arteta

ReputationRep:
    Carragher does it for me although I quite like Zak Knight

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he's a good player and my mum likes him. As for who I like, I don't go that way.

ReputationRep:
    It's my number one life passion. I don't go to many games beacuse of prices/availability, but I just love football in general. The Champions League gets me so excited, the talent on display is second to none and if it's combined with OK coverage, i.e ITV, and a good atmosphere in your house then it's the ultimate footballing watch. As for the World Cup, simply can't wait. The summer+World Cup=content for me.

ReputationRep:
    Too much clearly. I worked out how much this season has cost me and I wouldn't even dare post and tell you all! :eek:

All my family are the same and my great uncle played for Torquay, Birmingham and Blackburn Rovers years back.
    Just a hobby though..some people choose to spend money on music concerts and other things...I choose to go round the country supporting the Blades.

What annoys me the most is I've been to every league match home and away this season minus one away game and I've been there in the crap times over the years at places like Grimsby on a wednesday night, standing at Fratton Park one Easter and Port Vale on a saturday in winter but yet I won't be able to afford to go to the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool next season because of the cost.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    It's my number one life passion. I don't go to many games beacuse of prices/availability, but I just love football in general. The Champions League gets me so excited, the talent on display is second to none and if it's combined with OK coverage, i.e ITV, and a good atmosphere in your house then it's the ultimate footballing watch. As for the World Cup, simply can't wait. The summer+World Cup=content for me.

Pretty much the same here. I got shivers down my spine when the advert for Euro 2004 came on :rolleyes: . 49 days!! World Cup is just immense!!!

ReputationRep:
    teehee - your all funny but i still think he is the fittest one around
    x x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    Too much clearly. I worked out how much this season has cost me and I wouldn't even dare post and tell you all! :eek:
    I am the same but i will post it.... I reckon i spend about £60 on average getting to and spectating a home game and about £90 on average for an away game because of having to buy the tickets... My season ticket was a reasonable £260 at Rovers, i have been to 17 home games this season, 15 away games (missed the north east ones) and 6 cup games. ( i dont know how much this has cost but i will work it out now, if my post is incomplete its because i am in shock...)

Home games = 60 x 17 = £1020
    Away games = 90 x 15 = £1350 (sheeit)
    Cup games = (80 x 4) + (90 x 2)(semi final was more expensive) = £500
    Season Ticket = £260

Total = £3130

By the end of the season when i have been to 2 more home and 1 more away game... It will be:

£3130 + 90 + 60 + 60 = £3340 :eek:

I guess that figure sums up how much I love football when im also at university. the sacrifices i have made...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndy)
    it will be close.. like a few points, but at the end of the day, if we do stay up, who cares how many points its by.. even if its 1...

As much as i hate to think of pompey going down, well youv'e got to think to the worse, so when it does happen, its not as bad. if you know what i mean.

very true. When your losing alot, then you get used to losing and it doesn't feel so bad but when you lose 1 game like the manner we did at charlton after having an unbeaten run and the birmingham win, it really really hurts!

ReputationRep:
    I am quite lucky as my dad pays for my tickets and travel so I don't have to spend huge amounts. I spend most of my life doing something related to football. Whether its going to Anfield/ whichever ground to see Liverpool, or taking my 2 little brothers to thier games and training.

My friends just don't understand why I love it so much but instead of going shopping of a weekend with them im stood on a muddy pitch or in my S.T seat at Anfield. I am actually missing going CL matches midweek at the moment

I can't wait for the world cup, although I'm not the biggest England fan I love to watch all the countries.

ReputationRep:
    I love it. It is the one common thing that i can share with people, and it helps me through times when im down. It is the best thing in my life after my friends and family. I cant get to as many games as i want due to availability, but im getting a season ticket for the first time next season and i cant wait. I love playing even though im not immense, i love watching. The very thought of a whole summer of beer,sun and world cup football is spine tingling. I cant wait.
    Its the only thing i can think of, that affects me as much as it does. If liverpool win im happy, if we lose im furious and you dont want to speak to me for a couple of days. Supporting liverpool has given me the highs of istanbul, the treble season and the lows of burnley,crystal palace etc. It is truley the most important thing in my life, and without it i dont know what else i would do with my spare time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC_Girl)

My friends just don't understand why I love it so much but instead of going shopping of a weekend with them im stood on a muddy pitch or in my S.T seat at Anfield. I am actually missing going CL matches midweek at the moment
    Exactly... everyone who isnt a football fan doesnt understand the obsession i have with Blackburn, its surely unhealthy... Its not an obsession to me though, its a lifestyle.

If Rovers win, it puts me in a good mood for the week, if we lose i am always miserable, after the Brum game i was suicidal i was so angry - people just dont understand it.

How many other hobbies are there in life that affect your emotions so much? The Spurs game this season was such an emotional roller coaster, my eyes had welled up because of the disapointment at the final whistle, the nervous feeling you get at about 2.55pm every saturday...how many other things can match those intense feelings.

I need a girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaggysnake)
    I'm an Fc united fan, its amazing how far we've come in a year, trophy celebration time on saturday

In other non league news though, Altrincham have been struck with an 18 point deduction for basically an administration error which has put them into relegation. sign the petition here http://www.helpalty.com/ to get it overturned.
    That is complete bullsh*t, how can any administration get away with that. Oh the bigwigs make me so angry :mad: are they trying to f00ck up grass roots football.

ReputationRep:
    is this actually real though or fake...because it hasnt been mentioned on any other sites and isnt it illegal to sign anything til the 31st of june?the pictures look quite fake...or maybe its just me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Precisely. Complete madness.
    He's upset at attendances - being that their the lowest in the Conference with an average of 800 per gate. It has only been recently have they attracted 300 a game.

But Jeff King needs to get real - Canvey have shot up in divisions over the last 5 years. To get fans in the door takes a long time, not a period of 5 years, and Canvey have done well coming from gates of 100 a match to 1500 a match. Not bad for non-league.
    The decrease in attendances for Canvey coincide with the fact that Southend are doing very well at the moment.

I can Understand where jeff King is coming from, he is ploughing in £9k p/w of his own money just to keep the club affloat. Canvey simpley can't sustain competitve football in the conference on such poor gates. it's just not financialy realistic. Think Jeff king is gunna bugger off and plough him money into Chelmsford anyway.

And just to add, Canvey is an absolute hole, been to the ground a few times, the place actually smells rotten and is just littered with chavs, i'd want out tbh

anyone know if jeff Minton still plays for them? always rated him so highly at this level.

ReputationRep:
    Wow! That is one harsh penalty.

I don't care much fro Altrincham TBH, but nevertheless, that is plain despicable. 18 points for a player that has scored 4 times and played 13 games? HOw many points did they pick up in that time?
    been to Altrinchams ground before when we beat them in the FA trophy, the fans were alright, didn't appreciate the anti Northen pisstakes and Hovis songs etc.. boring *****

but anyway no club deserves to be punished like that for an error that was really commited by another club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    The decrease in attendances for Canvey coincide with the fact that Southend are doing very well at the moment.

I can Understand where jeff King is coming from, he is ploughing in £9k p/w of his own money just to keep the club affloat. Canvey simpley can't sustain competitve football in the conference on such poor gates. it's just not financialy realistic. Think Jeff king is gunna bugger off and plough him money into Chelmsford anyway.

And just to add, Canvey is an absolute hole, been to the ground a few times, the place actually smells rotten and is just littered with chavs, i'd want out tbh

anyone know if jeff Minton still plays for them? always rated him so highly at this level.
    Believe you me, Jeff King has picked up ample in the last few years fron FA Trophy Runs, FA Cup runs, 5 league wins etc with gate receipts regulalrly topping 2000.

2000 fans x £8 = £16,000 (Their top players are on £500 a week).
    Their FA Cup run against Southend must have netted them bucket loads.

Their top player has just left as well - Boylan who has regulalry been their top goal scorer.

Jeff King is a moron, end of.

Your right about Canvey being a dump. Their ground is still stcuk in the Essex feeder league status, which stinks because a ball going too far will fly into the sea!

ReputationRep:
    Believe you me, Jeff King has picked up ample in the last few years fron FA Trophy Runs, FA Cup runs, 5 league wins etc with gate receipts regulalrly topping 2000.

2000 fans x £8 = £16,000 (Their top players are on £500 a week).
    Their FA Cup run against Southend must have netted them bucket loads.

Their top player has just left as well - Boylan who has regulalry been their top goal scorer.

Jeff King is a moron, end of.

Your right about Canvey being a dump. Their ground is still stcuk in the Essex feeder league status, which stinks because a ball going too far will fly into the sea!
    i'd still say over the years he has lost more money than he made, he puts money in from his own businesses to keep them afloat. Agree that he's an absolute ****.

Also it's pretty near impossible to make a profit from non league football, i'd take him at Aylesbury any day, in fact i'd take anyone in the world rather than Bill Caroll

ReputationRep:
    Aylesbury also have potential. Its a shame because a club like Aylesbury can go far because the support is their if you do well. I've seen strong support at Aylesbury before, especially against Chesham, St Albans etc, but more so when you were top of the league. Gate attendances regularly topped 1000 for the ICIS league. Its a shame.

What's a bigger shame is Enfield who also had massive potential. It won't be long before they are back in it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    As i said, one of our fans got killed by an Aston Villa fan this season...
    When? :confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.