• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Ashton is out. Bent/Defoe anyone?

ReputationRep:
    McClaren has said Gerrard will play on the right. Best decision he'll ever make.

ReputationRep:
    defoe and crouch to start upfront.

Robinson
    Neville Ferdinand Terry Cole
    Gerrard Hargreaves Lampard Downing
    Defoe Crouch

Is supposedly what McClaren will start with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    give me any player who is?
    Gianfranco Zola. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Robinson

Neville Ferdinand Terry Cole

Lennon Gerrard Parker Bridge

Bent Crouch

Not normally a Wayne Bridge fan but with Joe Cole out I see him as a better replacement than Downing.

ReputationRep:
    Robinson

Carragher Carragher Carragher Carragher

Gerrard Gerrard Gerrard Gerrard

Defoe Crouch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    Robinson

Carragher Carragher Carragher Carragher

Gerrard Gerrard Gerrard Gerrard

Defoe Crouch
    Could I have 4 own goals and a reserve team striker please. :p:

I don't honestly see whats so good about defoe when he can't even get into the tottenham first team. Carragher is good for Liverpool, rubbish for England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danglenister)
    Could I have 4 own goals and a reserve team striker please. :p:

I don't honestly see whats so good about defoe when he can't even get into the tottenham first team. Carragher is good for Liverpool, rubbish for England.
    Name one game when he played bad for England.

Is this the bit where you log off and hope this thread dies away?

ReputationRep:
    Name one game when he played bad for England.

Is this the bit where you log off and hope this thread dies away?
    Came on at the end of the portugal game and hit a DIABOLICAL penalty (got to excuse that though because Gerrard's was worse).

He was diabolical at right back when played there in the WC. His persistence at giving away cheap fouls for simply backing into the player clumsily is just down right stupid and, along with hargreaves, gives away freekicks in dangerous positions.

He is nowhere near the quality that has been set by Rio and Terry, and in all honesty I believe King would get in the centre of that defence before him as well.

ReputationRep:
    Came on at the end of the portugal game and hit a DIABOLICAL penalty (got to excuse that though because Gerrard's was worse).

He was diabolical at right back when played there in the WC. His persistence at giving away cheap fouls for simply backing into the player clumsily is just down right stupid and, along with hargreaves, gives away freekicks in dangerous positions.

He is nowhere near the quality that has been set by Rio and Terry, and in all honesty I believe King would get in the centre of that defence before him as well.
    Lol so apart from the penalty, nothing.

He didn't play bad when he came on against Portugal, and you certainly cannot rate a player using a single penalty.

Name a game where he played bad.

A match. One example.

England v who?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and

Carra > all.

ReputationRep:
    Lol so apart from the penalty, nothing.

He didn't play bad when he came on against Portugal, and you certainly cannot rate a player using a single penalty.

Name a game where he played bad.

A match. One example.

England v who?
    Erm.. England Vs T&T and England Vs Sweden

Both at the world cup

ReputationRep:
    As for using his penalty as a way of saying he's been rubbish for England - well, LOL. Let's hope new england captain John Terry has the balls to step up to the plate next time for England eh?

In terms of his ability, Carra is the best defender in England.

Agree or disagree I'm not bothered, but from someone who's seen him every week almost since 1999 that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. He is the ****ing dog's *******s.

We all dream..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    As for using his penalty as a way of saying he's been rubbish for England - well, LOL. Let's hope new england captain John Terry has the balls to step up to the plate next time for England eh?

In terms of his ability, Carra is the best defender in England.

Agree or disagree I'm not bothered, but from someone who's seen him every week almost since 1999 that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. He is the ****ing dog's *******s.

We all dream..
    Must agree with the thing about terry, and I personally think gerrard should be captain.

I'm not questioning carragher at club level, and I haven't just used THAT penalty to decide.. he was poor in the T&T and the sweden game.

Face it, he's not good enough to get in the centre of that england defence because Terry and Ferdinand are too good.. he has a chance to claim right back when neville goes, but will he get it. On past performance in that area I'd say no.

ReputationRep:
    He hasn't even had a chance with england except being used as cover. He's better than Ferdinand at club level therefore should start - but he doesn't.

I'm not bothered, I couldn't care less if he doesnt even get picked for the 23 man squad. Infact I'd prefer it that way.

ReputationRep:
    Must agree with the thing about terry, and I personally think gerrard should be captain.

I'm not questioning carragher at club level, and I haven't just used THAT penalty to decide.. he was poor in the T&T and the sweden game.

Face it, he's not good enough to get in the centre of that england defence because Terry and Ferdinand are too good.. he has a chance to claim right back when neville goes, but will he get it. On past performance in that area I'd say no.
    what i dont understand is with all this rucous about drugs, is why a guy banned for drugs offences is even considered for england.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever is chosen, 8 subs will be made at 1/2 time by england :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    what i dont understand is with all this rucous about drugs, is why a guy banned for drugs offences is even considered for england.
    He served his ban and that's it.

Mate, with all due respect - Neville: right back; Carragher: centre half. Jamie Carragher is an centre back, and being shifted out wide as an 11th hour cover is not an ideal situation in which to show your worth.

Carragher deserves his opportunity, having consistantly proved himself domestically and in Europe as an intelligent, decisive, big game player with a lot of heart. He won't get that chance. Rio has been England's top defensive performer, although embarassing for club; Terry, although woeful in recent times, is now undroppable as captain.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.