Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Aylesbury also have potential. Its a shame because a club like Aylesbury can go far because the support is their if you do well. I've seen strong support at Aylesbury before, especially against Chesham, St Albans etc, but more so when you were top of the league. Gate attendances regularly topped 1000 for the ICIS league. Its a shame.

What's a bigger shame is Enfield who also had massive potential. It won't be long before they are back in it though
    I think Aylesbury can take heart from the way Enfield have reformed and come back to try and become the great force they once were. I remember days of great rivalries with Enflied in front of massive gates. Dont think we'll ever see that again.

Apparently the plastic pitch at Aylesbury United is a certainty now if the Southern league accept. what most people expect to happen is for the SL to reject so Bill Caroll can say the club no longer viable as a business and wind up. I know there are many fans who stay away just because he is there, such a sad state really.

it's gone downhill ever since we were top of the ICIS league when we sacked Bob Dowie, we've had little plus points since then but basically we never recovered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    . Still, i'm sure he's doing it for the love of the game...
    Certainly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    When? :confused:
    Don't pretend you don't know matey :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khadijah)
    is this actually real though or fake...because it hasnt been mentioned on any other sites and isnt it illegal to sign anything til the 31st of june?the pictures look quite fake...or maybe its just me
    Welcome Khadijah
    the pictures are real

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    I am the same but i will post it.... I reckon i spend about £60 on average getting to and spectating a home game and about £90 on average for an away game because of having to buy the tickets... My season ticket was a reasonable £260 at Rovers, i have been to 17 home games this season, 15 away games (missed the north east ones) and 6 cup games. ( i dont know how much this has cost but i will work it out now, if my post is incomplete its because i am in shock...)

Home games = 60 x 17 = £1020
    Away games = 90 x 15 = £1350 (sheeit)
    Cup games = (80 x 4) + (90 x 2)(semi final was more expensive) = £500
    Season Ticket = £260

Total = £3130

By the end of the season when i have been to 2 more home and 1 more away game... It will be:

£3130 + 90 + 60 + 60 = £3340 :eek:

I guess that figure sums up how much I love football when im also at university. the sacrifices i have made...
    Haha! I'm the same but thankfully not quite as much with it being championship prices. I've stopped buying away match programmes unless I've not visited the ground before.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    The Club is pleased to advise that its planning application to convert the Stadium pitch into a 3rd Generation Artificial Pitch, to replace its floodlights and to install floodlighting on the planned mini-pitches at the rear of the car park, was approved by the Planning Committee of the Aylesbury Vale District Council on 20th April.

This is subject to finalising details of the pitch levels with the Environment Agency by Friday 28th April.

The Club is mindful of its duty to minimise disturbance to its neighbours and has agreed to limitations on the hours that flood lighting is employed. Broadly this will be no later than 10.30 pm on the main pitch and 9.30 pm on the mini pitches except Sundays which will be 6.00 pm on the mini pitches

The Club has now requested final formal approval from the Southern League to stage league matches on the proposed pitch. Thereafter, it is hoped to secure a new long term lease and to finalise the financing package necessary to implement the planned conversion. The aim is still to install the main pitch during the summer break although the time table has now slipped due to the planning process taking longer than anticipated and it is unlikely that it will be available for the start of the new season.

The Club is grateful to the Councillors who voiced their support, at the meeting, for this project and it is pleasing that there is recognition that this will be an exciting and valuable facility for the community.

ReputationRep:
    My season ticket was a reasonable £260 at Rovers,
    Thats well good. Wish ours were that cheap! Ours are £570 and bound to go up by about £20 for next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC_Girl)
    Thats well good. Wish ours were that cheap! Ours are £570 and bound to go up by about £20 for next season.
    Very good that. This season ours weren't too bad (£200 for student on most expensive stand) but at Leeds they were disgraceful. Most of my mates couldn't afford to get a season ticket and a lot of them didn't want to pay around £35 on a matchday.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if we will have a minutes silence for Jesus Christ tomorrow, being easter day and all i can't attend church to pay my respects.
    Jesus died on Easter Friday, not easter Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    I remember the day I sat at Brunton Park watching Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle. It was 1-1 in the 92 min and we were heading for the conference. In comes the corner........Header!!!......cle ared off the line......Jimmy Glass!(Our on loan goalkeeper)Its in!!! Greatest day of my life. We ran on the pitch and bundled Jimmy Glass. "The great escape!"

Season after season followed with misery as we continued to just hang on in the football league. Now we sit proud-top of league 2 and our promotion as champions to league 1 is imminant. It will be great to be back where we belong next season.

Congratualtions Carlisle!

ReputationRep:
    ah, i remember that. qutie amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deaks)
    I remember the day I sat at Brunton Park watching Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle. It was 1-1 in the 92 min and we were heading for the conference. In comes the corner........Header!!!......cle ared off the line......Jimmy Glass!(Our on loan goalkeeper)Its in!!! Greatest day of my life. We ran on the pitch and bundled Jimmy Glass. "The great escape!"

Season after season followed with misery as we continued to just hang on in the football league. Now we sit proud-top of league 2 and our promotion as champions to league 1 is imminant. It will be great to be back where we belong next season.

Congratualtions Carlisle!

And the staff/stewards/police at Field Mill tomorrow are bracing themselves for upto 4,500 Carlisle Fans turning up - I hope they enjoy their day out, and that there's little trouble.

PS And it was the 94th minute for Glass !

ReputationRep:
    priceless. The game finished early at scarborough and they were popping open champs on the pitch, only to find out wed scored in the dying seconds of injury time and they were actually relegated. Wel at least they could drown there sorrows! Theyve just been relegated from the conference too! Love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC_Girl)
    Thats the downside of supporting a club who know they can charge what they want and still sell out...

I think Blackburn is the lowest priced in the league, i can get a young adult ticket anywhere in the ground for £260, i sit directly behind one goal in row 28, which is as good as the views and atmosphere come. They also did an offer this year where if you renew in the month of April, you get the ticket at last years price, ie it doesnt go up by £20...

We can also pay monthly by direct debit, which is handy.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but easter sunday you are remembering the resurection and the life of Jesus...

Hillsborough didnt happen on the 16th April either...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    When? :confused:
    Outside the ground, everyone was getting onto the buses ( i got the train so was zipped up) and the Villa fans were tossing bottles, bricks, car bumpers over the fence at Blackburn fans... One Blackburn fan was walking away from the ground (and train station) and was shot dead.

Another bit of Villa violence, after the game at Ewood Park i was giving an interview for a newspaper in a petrol station car park, when i heard a loud noise, looked up to see a teenage Blackburn fan being chased by a group of middle age Villa thugs... they cornered him and one pulled out a set of nunchucks on him....

Nice club Villa... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The play-offs are nearing and I'm rather excited. Just wondered if there were any other fans who are set to participate and what they feel about their chances?

I support Leeds and am quite confident about our chances. I hope we've got the bottle, but time shall tell. It's quite exciting because we should have Stone and possibly Cresswell ready to take part. As soon as Cressy joined us we looked better and we looked worse when he got injured! As for Stone, his position is basically what seems to have caused us the most trouble.

I've applied for my home semi ticket, although I haven't applied for the second leg due to college commitments and the issue of not knowing whether I'll have to time for Lancashire or London. I've been abit cheeky and booked my flight tickets for the final, but failing to prepare is preparing to fail and all that.

Any Palace/Watford/PNE fans around and looking forward to it? Or any play-off teams from leagues below?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Just sent that to my Geordie mate.

To say he laughed would be slightly understating things.

ReputationRep:
    He was shot dead? By whom? Shocking.

I would've thought an absolutely HUGE deal would've been made out of this at the time, can't remember hearing about it at all.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.