Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Haha - thats rich coming from an Arsenal fan!
    Not really.Arsenal arent any worse for diving than any other team in the premiership.

ReputationRep:
    Haha - thats rich coming from an Arsenal fan!
    Oh yes, how hypocritical of me. Pires blah blah blah.....:rolleyes:

I think one of the reasons why we were so criticised for that by other teams' fans was because they couldn't pick holes in anything else. When we were unbeaten, it's the only thing they had. Now the trend seems to be: You have no English players, you bunch of racists.

Yes, however, I do admit we have Eboue, and sometimes Jens who fakes injury - but Jens is so pathetically bad at it that it's just funny . But there's a vast difference between us and Porto. I can't say that Porto's manager tells them to do it, but it's definitely a team strategy to win cheap free-kicks and time-waste by diving around and faking injury. The EPL also has some of the most fantastic divers - Robben, Drogba, Ronaldo (maybe he doesn't dive, but like Reyes, he goes down to easy). I remember that ridiculous dive that Sissoko did, and by many fan's logic - one dive made Pires to be labelled a 'diver', then Sissoko should also be labelled a diver.

I'm not saying that Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool or any other premiership team should be better known for 'diving'. But, unfortunately it does occasionally happen, and no-one (not even their own fans) likes to see it. Arsenal should definitely not be singled out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synergetic)

I think one of the reasons why we were so criticised for that by other teams' fans was because they couldn't pick holes in anything else. When we were unbeaten, it's the only thing they had. Now the trend seems to be: You have no English players, you bunch of racists.

Yes, however, I do admit we have Eboue, and sometimes Jens who fakes injury - but Jens is so pathetically bad at it that it's just funny . But there's a vast difference between us and Porto. I can't say that Porto's manager tells them to do it, but it's definitely a team strategy to win cheap free-kicks and time-waste by diving around and faking injury. The EPL also has some of the most fantastic divers - Robben, Drogba, Ronaldo (maybe he doesn't dive, but like Reyes, he goes down to easy). I remember that ridiculous dive that Sissoko did, and by many fan's logic - one dive made Pires to be labelled a 'diver', then Sissoko should also be labelled a diver.

I'm not saying that Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool or any other premiership team should be better known for 'diving'. But, unfortunately it does occasionally happen, and no-one (not even their own fans) likes to see it. Arsenal should definitely not be singled out.
    Indeed!!! I'm sure he was going to talk about Henry in the WC and Ebuoe anyway...

Ebuoe does make me cringe, when he goes down so easily though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    Indeed!!! I'm sure he was going to talk about Henry in the WC and Ebuoe anyway...

Ebuoe does make me cringe, when he goes down so easily though
    Yeah, if Eboue could get that out of his game, I'm sure he'd be a fans favourite. Your thoughts on crazy Jens? I think the guy is hilarious because he gets wound up so easily. He thinks he has the divine right to just come out and catch balls from corners without an attacker challenging him. I know keepers are meant to be eccentric, but this guy's just on a different level.

ReputationRep:
    So what you're saying is that the student room should run the FA?!?!?! :eek: :tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if Eboue could get that out of his game, I'm sure he'd be a fans favourite. Your thoughts on crazy Jens? I think the guy is hilarious because he gets wound up so easily. He thinks he has the divine right to just come out and catch balls from corners without an attacker challenging him. I know keepers are meant to be eccentric, but this guy's just on a different level.
    LOL!!! Yeah, he is absolutely mental.. I once read in a Henry article that Jens has a go at every single player and constantly pisses people off :rofl:!! you can imagine what conversations with him will be like :p:..

He had a brilliant season last year I thought, especially in the CL!, most of the players are a bit unfit at the moment so hopefully, he wont be caught offguard again like he against Aston Villa. I think he is a great keeper + leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Agree except id have Hamburg instead of Porto.

?? ok what baout cska moscow?!?!?!?!! they are awsome man!!

ReputationRep:
    *cough*

ReputationRep:
    i think the arsenal fans forgot about CSKA Moscow, guys this team is awsome..dont forget they won the UEFA CUP , and the team is AMAZING with three brazilian national players!!! and also..playing in russia is never easy...

ReputationRep:
    Every team in the CL will have their merits but how long since they won the UEFA cup? and 3 Brazillians.. well they have a talented bunch but its not many from the starting XI is it? :p: but yea id hate to play in the freezing cold...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Every team in the CL will have their merits but how long since they won the UEFA cup? and 3 Brazillians.. well they have a talented bunch but its not many from the starting XI is it? :p: but yea id hate to play in the freezing cold...

i dont hitnk u can compare moscow with someone like olympiacos and anderlchet?! seriously now!! They won the Uefa Cup a year ago in 2005! and ALL players from that squad are still IN THE TEAM!
    There are three..Dudu, Vagner Love and Daniel Carvalho...the latter played against norway form the start and scored the 1-1....and all three will play in london against Argentina...together with RONaldinho, kaka, robinho etc. so i think it shows that the football especially at CSKA Moscow is blossoming..and they should be considered as a solid team, which can upset most big guns...dont u think?!

ReputationRep:
    Dibs on Head of Communications. I never liked that Adrian Bevington.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterBlaster)
    ?? ok what baout cska moscow?!?!?!?!! they are awsome man!!
    Certainly it would be foolish to write them off and they have a definite chance of 2nd place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterBlaster)
    i think the arsenal fans forgot about CSKA Moscow, guys this team is awsome..dont forget they won the UEFA CUP , and the team is AMAZING with three brazilian national players!!! and also..playing in russia is never easy...
    I would believe you, if you weren't russian :p: (good luck on trying to get the tickets for the november game, btw)
    Was it CSKA Moscow, or Lokomotiv Moscow where we went in 03/04 in temperatures of -8C, needing a win to qualify. Luckily, a Freddie double, if I remember correctly put us through then. Moscow is a difficult place to go, but we went to the intimidating Zagreb and won 3-0. The fact that the Russian league is already well underway could make the games extra tricky.

ReputationRep:

Fair enough, Arsenal aren the only ones, but then again Porto arent the only ones so i dont see why u had to single them out in the first place.

The Porto team has changed alot aswell since 2004.

ReputationRep:
    I would believe you, if you weren't russian :p: (good luck on trying to get the tickets for the november game, btw)
    Was it CSKA Moscow, or Lokomotiv Moscow where we went in 03/04 in temperatures of -8C, needing a win to qualify. Luckily, a Freddie double, if I remember correctly put us through then. Moscow is a difficult place to go, but we went to the intimidating Zagreb and won 3-0. The fact that the Russian league is already well underway could make the games extra tricky.
    It was Lokomotiv, and i'm pretty sure that game was at Highbury.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, Arsenal aren the only ones, but then again Porto arent the only ones so i dont see why u had to single them out in the first place.

The Porto team has changed alot aswell since 2004.
    Didn't seem so in the Amsterdam tournament. Their play-acting tactics in a friendly pre-season tournament against United were shameful. But I must confess, I don't know an awful lot about the team since 2004 - hopefully Mourinho leaving has improved their honesty and sportsmanship

ReputationRep:
    It was Lokomotiv, and i'm pretty sure that game was at Highbury.
    Yes I think you're right. But I'm sure I remember a very cold away trip to Moscow with Freddie scoring. Having looked it up - yea it was Lokomotiv

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody realistically believe that Celtic will prove a problem for Man Utd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shady05)
    Does anybody realistically believe that Celtic will prove a problem for Man Utd?
    I don't think so. Didn't you just play them away in a pre-season friendly. Since their season starts earlier, you'd expect them to be the fitter team but if I remember correctly you came out with a good second half and beat them 3-0.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.