• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Boring.

ReputationRep:
    Can't really imagine life without it. I'm at Old Trafford whenever I get a ticket, as despite what people say, they are easy to get hold of if you know how, and at a reasonable cost in comparison to other teams. Currently waiting to see if I've got a season ticket next year, which will probably cost me somewhere in the region of £600 with the ridiculous rises.

Will watch any game on TV, and I also play a bit too.

ReputationRep:
    Juan Pablo Sorin. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I do have a bit of a soft spot for PNE with my mum's side of the family being from Preston, and a number of our players having played at Deepdale (Becks, Jones), so I would like to see them do well, especially as they came so close last season.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Watford!

ReputationRep:
    Who needs a girlfriend to be happy when you have football. But when Liverpool lose, it's hard. I love football, it's one of the only things that keeps me happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    Who needs a girlfriend to be happy when you have football.
    Me. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    More than life itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    Outside the ground, everyone was getting onto the buses ( i got the train so was zipped up) and the Villa fans were tossing bottles, bricks, car bumpers over the fence at Blackburn fans... One Blackburn fan was walking away from the ground (and train station) and was shot dead.

Another bit of Villa violence, after the game at Ewood Park i was giving an interview for a newspaper in a petrol station car park, when i heard a loud noise, looked up to see a teenage Blackburn fan being chased by a group of middle age Villa thugs... they cornered him and one pulled out a set of nunchucks on him....

Nice club Villa... :rolleyes:
    *******s

ReputationRep:
    No it wasnt in the papers after Villa Park and i didnt see the guys with nun chucks lay into someone no older than a schoolboy... :rolleyes:

Your club is the most violent, disgraceful i have ever witnessed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    He was shot dead? By whom? Shocking.

I would've thought an absolutely HUGE deal would've been made out of this at the time, can't remember hearing about it at all.
    It was in national papers but only a small deal was made about it, sort of your middle page articles "Football fan shot dead" etc etc...

I dont know who it was by, i would guess a Villa firm member...

Its pretty sad when people goto football just for a fight, i thought they were meant to search people after the terrorist attacks yet items like nun chucks still get through...

ReputationRep:
    No it wasnt in the papers after Villa Park and i didnt see the guys with nun chucks lay into someone no older than a schoolboy... :rolleyes:

Your club is the most violent, disgraceful i have ever witnessed.
    Well, obviously your experience has guided this opinion. I must say though, I feel much safer at Villa Park than most away grounds I've been to (as a non-jersey wearing supporter), and have never witnessed any problems with away fans.

ReputationRep:
    I've got the radio on for le arse vs spuds game, and sounds like le arse are a bit peevd qwith spuds not putting the ball out cos they had a guy down on the half way line...

Its something that really irritates me that players are expected to give up an advantage and a chance of a break to put the ball out of play if an opposition player is down, however minor. The ball is never given back in a similar position, it always gets put out for a throw in now where they are then penned in.

Anyoen else think there should be a more rugby-esque approach with physio's coming on during play to sort out the crocked player?

ReputationRep:
    It is sportsmanship at the end of the day-something the spuds have shown a lack of. It does not matter whether or not they are given the ball back where the incident occurs, what matters is that the other team are given it back at all. Arsenal, in a proper and professional way, gave the ball back 2 the spuds in another incident later on in the game, which is the done thing.

Spurs have a lot of answering to do as to why they never put the ball out of play. It is not as though one player was down but two! So I suppose Gilberto did get up afterwards but what about the other one?!?

I think Davids needs to get his glasses checked.......SCUM

ReputationRep:
    A you being serious? Its commonly known that Villa have one of the most violent "firms" going... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    A you being serious? Its commonly known that Villa have one of the most violent "firms" going... :confused:
    Next to Millwall, Chelsea, Leeds etc.

ReputationRep:
    1. The Arsenal players actually took one another out.

2. The Arsenal players were moving about, 1 got up - it was obvious neither injury was serious.

3. The referee signalled that Carrick could continue.

4. The ball was always ahead of the two players, even if they had got straight back up i dont think they would have got back into position to stop the attack.

Why should Spurs give up the chance to score when they have a decent attack on, when a player is not seriously hurt... The goal rightly stood.

Reyes and Pires had been diving all match up to that point, so maybe it was a sense of the boy who cried wolf.

ReputationRep:
    As I said, one of the most.

ReputationRep:
    Okays peeps I am closing this thread as originally it was a tribute thread and isn't now.

When a player is down, you put the ball out. That is the way the game should be played.

Can you imagine how absolutely disgraced any football team in the world would look if one player had been seriously injured?

****ing Outrageous.

It doesn't matter how players go down, if someone is injured, you go to help them. The safety of players is bigger than the game at hand.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.