Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    It doesn't matter how players go down, if someone is injured, you go to help them. The safety of players is bigger than the game at hand.
    Yes, I agree with that. However, this raises the question of diving in the game. It's all very well putting the ball out for a serious injury..but imagine how pissed off you'd be if you put the ball out for a player who you thought was injured, but just decided to dive and started play acting for whatever reason.

(Original post by Slice'N'Dice)
    Yes, I agree with that. However, this raises the question of diving in the game. It's all very well putting the ball out for a serious injury..but imagine how pissed off you'd be if you put the ball out for a player who you thought was injured, but just decided to dive and started play acting for whatever reason.
    But you get the ball back. It is way better to have play broken up, than have sportsman (whatever the sport) being left injured.

There's a reason the whole putting the ball out thing came into existence and what happened today was a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    1. The Arsenal players actually took one another out.

2. The Arsenal players were moving about, 1 got up - it was obvious neither injury was serious.

3. The referee signalled that Carrick could continue.

4. The ball was always ahead of the two players, even if they had got straight back up i dont think they would have got back into position to stop the attack.

Why should Spurs give up the chance to score when they have a decent attack on, when a player is not seriously hurt... The goal rightly stood.

Reyes and Pires had been diving all match up to that point, so maybe it was a sense of the boy who cried wolf.
    Fair enough, Spurs got an advantage and made the most of it. The problem lies when Stalteri? went down injured near the end and Tottenham put the ball out so he could receive treatment. Now are you saying it is alright for Arsenal not to give the ball back to Tottenham? After all it wasnt Arsenal's fault he got injured so why the hell should they lose out. It's double standards, playing on when someone from the other team goes down, but putting the ball out when your own player goes down and expecting to get the ball back. It just doesnt add up.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't a disgrace.

The 2 Arsenal player took each other out. Why should Tottenham put the ball out for that?

ReputationRep:
    If an Arsenal player is on the floor, chances are he has decided to be there in the hope of winning a freekick, don't give them the satisfaction of stopping play in any way.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it

ReputationRep:
    Remember the goal against Sheffield United that Arsenal scored :rolleyes: .... Good management solved that.

Arsenal would not have put the ball out in the same situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    1. The Arsenal players actually took one another out.

2. The Arsenal players were moving about, 1 got up - it was obvious neither injury was serious.

3. The referee signalled that Carrick could continue.

4. The ball was always ahead of the two players, even if they had got straight back up i dont think they would have got back into position to stop the attack.

Why should Spurs give up the chance to score when they have a decent attack on, when a player is not seriously hurt... The goal rightly stood.

Reyes and Pires had been diving all match up to that point, so maybe it was a sense of the boy who cried wolf.
    exactly

ReputationRep:
    And so it begins............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    It doesn't matter how players go down, if someone is injured, you go to help them. The safety of players is bigger than the game at hand.
    Which is why there is an immediate stoppage if there is a head injury, as was also shown today.

Ciderpeter has got it spot on imo....the ref looked over at the 'injured' players and then carried on.

Can someone please tell me if either of the players received medical treatment, i got bit caught up in the moment, because I don't recall physios coming on?

when Stalteri? went down injured near the end and Tottenham put the ball out so he could receive treatment. Now are you saying it is alright for Arsenal not to give the ball back to Tottenham? After all it wasnt Arsenal's fault he got injured so why the hell should they lose out. It's double standards,
    It's not hypocritical because they were different situations. We put the ball out when our own player was hurt, Arsenal would have done the same if they had the ball when Eboue and Gilberto were down. If we had a man injured and Arsenal had a ended up scoring are you telling me that you would be complaining right now? The real hypocracy lies with Arsene 'i didnt see it' Wenger.

Also what was Lehmann playing at.

ReputationRep:
    Prepare for some thoroughly biased commentary from Lawrensen.... :/

ReputationRep:
    Nice pitch though, grass is long and bouncy

ReputationRep:
    Lehmann is exempt from the usual disciplinary rules... you should know that by now.

If it is a head injury, the referee will stop play instantly, otherwise it is down to the team in posession to decide...

I remember a couple of weeks ago, a team was in posession, one of their players went down, the team kept attacking and scored - should they have put the ball out? (I cant remember who it was...)

ReputationRep:
    Why can't they just stop singing that song............

ReputationRep:
    What song?

ReputationRep:
    Aylesbury 1-5 Bath

we wernt anywhere near as bad as the score suggests, Bath scored a couple of late goals when we decided to go down in a blaze of glory with a nice 2-1-7 formation

The players deserve a lot of credit today, they never stopped working for the club and showed the sort of spirit needed. Bath were just a much better team than us at the end of the day. Damon Ming was superb.

And finally the support was fantastic(in numbers appaling) non stop singing and chatting all day "you can shoive your plastic pitch up your arse" and various anti Bill Caroll songs being my favourites) Bath fans were pretty good as well, great bit of banter and seemed like a very friendly bunch so good luck to them.

Aylesbury till I die!

ReputationRep:
    Dear God i hope Drogba's shot was deflected.

ReputationRep:
    Gooooooallllllll!!!
    Big Club, Gi' us a song, big club big club gi' us a song!

ReputationRep:
    Blue is the colour football is the game and I wish the'y blooming score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    Blue is the colour football is the game and I wish the'y blooming score
    Come on Chelsea, SCORE!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.