The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Klinsmannic

It's not hypocritical because they were different situations. We put the ball out when our own player was hurt, Arsenal would have done the same if they had the ball when Eboue and Gilberto were down. If we had a man injured and Arsenal had a ended up scoring are you telling me that you would be complaining right now? The real hypocracy lies with Arsene 'i didnt see it' Wenger.

Also what was Lehmann playing at.

Im not saying I would be complaining but I would think it was unsportsmanlike and I know Arsenal would get slaughtered if they did it.

So what are you trying to say....?

Lets say an Arsenal player goes down injured so they are at a disadvantage, but Tottenham are under no obligation to put it out because they are in a good position. Thus Tottenham get the advantage of the situation.

Now a Tottenham player goes down injured. Tottenham are effectively playing with ten men so at a disadvantahe. So that they can get the player treatment and back onto the field they put the ball out. Now Arsenal are expected to throw the ball back otherwise they would be slated and Tottenham dont lose out in any way. But why should they? It's not their fault a tottenham player got injured.

If you play on when an opponent is down you shouldnt expect to receive the ball back when your own player puts the ball out. Double standards
that ive found myself wanting liverpool to win this match. What is happening to my sorry toffee arse!
Reply 1042
For god's sake....its 2-0
I hvae to say and it sticks in the throat 'Poola re playing better
simeon
It wasn't a disgrace.

The 2 Arsenal player took each other out. Why should Tottenham put the ball out for that?

If a gunman suddenly shoots a player, it has nothing to do with what any Tottenham player did so why should they stop play?

What kind of utterly banal and stupid point was that??!!?!

You stop play when players are on the ground, end of story. The well-being of players is more important than the progression of the game.
Reply 1045
Chelsea score, but what was the keeper doing?!!! 2-1 (drogba)
I would be ashamed if Arsenal scored a goal by virtue of exploiting the injury of what is, whatever shirt they are wearing, another human being.

A person doesn't have to be on the pitch to make a game worth stopping if there is a serious threat to the well-being of people.

Since when did the result of anything in sport ever matter more than the well-being of people? :confused:
just need to pull another outa the bag then extra time, nice if it as two more
President_Ben
If a gunman suddenly shoots a player, it has nothing to do with what any Tottenham player did so why should they stop play?

What kind of utterly banal and stupid point was that??!!?!

You stop play when players are on the ground, end of story. The well-being of players is more important than the progression of the game.

In fact, how about circumstances like Marc-Vivien Foe?

Do you just play on?

I mean, come on... and it isn't like refs are trained medical professionals either.
Reply 1049
and Liverpool WIN!!! chelsea.... Haha!
Reply 1050
Oh yes :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I saw calderstonesLFC's flag as well, quality stuff :biggrin:
How pant is this fella. They need to off-load that muppet asap.
Reply 1052
Why can't we ever manage a nice, easy cup game? Considering ditching the coursework, cancelling the night's plans, and going to the pub.

Shame that.
Hahahahaha! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 1054
Mourinho really shouldn't get into a tactical battle. He's a fantastic manager but **** me that was unbelievable.

Great result :biggrin:

btw, Poll is a ****e ref, woeful performance from him.
That was f"cking annoying
kpg
Mourinho really shouldn't get into a tactical battle. He's a fantastic manager but **** me that was unbelievable.

Great result :biggrin:

btw, Poll is a ****e ref, woeful performance from him.

Poll is ok, the world cup ref afterall...
Reply 1057
can anyone imagine arsenal putting the ball out of play if it was the other way round?
Reply 1058
tis_me_lord
Hahahahaha! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ermm, weren't you watching?

Liverpool never turned up, Chelsea midfield diamond bossed, we can't attack for **** - only ever defend, Terry was only played up front because he's Maradonna in disguise - it was all tactics see. The referee should never referee (read: walk) again, and the best team shouldn't have lost, 'cos Mourinho's the Special One, laaaa. Those two goals never crossed the line either, by the way.

Him again. Sell the useless streak of piss.
We always beat them in the games that matter more :wink: I'll gladly take our 2 wins in 10 matches against them :smile:

Latest