39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Shut up Chelsea

Hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    In fact, how about circumstances like Marc-Vivien Foe?

Do you just play on?

I mean, come on... and it isn't like refs are trained medical professionals either.
    Foe suddenly collapsed, Eboue was looking around and was ready to get up. Hardly the same situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    can anyone imagine arsenal putting the ball out of play if it was the other way round?
    Yes we have experienced it many times this season. Not least against the divers of Villareal, Juve and Madrid where we have had a good attacking chance. I can remember Henry being furious on a number of occassions because he knows full well they were diving which wasnt the case today.

ReputationRep:
    im talking about in this particular game not your matches in europe

ReputationRep:
    Livvvvvveeeeeeeeeerrrrrrppppppoo oooooollllll Liverrrrrpppooooooolllll Get IN!!!

(Original post by kpg)
    Foe suddenly collapsed, Eboue was looking around and was ready to get up. Hardly the same situation.
    Doesn't matter. A player is grounded. For all you know, he's looking around to try and get medical attention.

The health and well-being of humans is more important than the progress of a football game!!

(Original post by FK333)
    can anyone imagine arsenal putting the ball out of play if it was the other way round?
    Doesn't matter. It wouldn't make it right. It'd make Arsenal just as bad.

I think you're actually messed up if you think the progress of a football game matters more than the potential injury of a human being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    We always beat them in the games that matter more I'll gladly take our 2 wins in 10 matches against them
    Premiership games do matter. Take that attitude and your 16 year wait will go on for quite a bit longer.

I think we may now have a chance next week against them now.

ReputationRep:
    lol listen to this guy, pires and lehman had the interest of davids human health at heart did they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    im talking about in this particular game not your matches in europe
    No offence to Tottenham but we this wasnt our biggest game of the season like it was for you. We have put the ball out numerous times in more high profile matches I think youll find. Our attitude wouldnt change today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Doesn't matter. A player is grounded. For all you know, he's looking around to try and get medical attention.

The health and well-being of humans is more important than the progress of a football game!!
    The ref also looked at both players (Gilberto got up just then) and deemed play to go on. Now, I know Steve Bennet doesnt havent a medical degree but I'm sure he can tell the difference between a player feigning injury and looking around to see if he'll get a foul, and a life threatening situation.

Implying Spurs should've put the ball out for the good of human kind seems a bit far fetched to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    lol listen to this guy, pires and lehman had the interest of davids human health at heart did they?
    Well they did shove him but David reacted and swung an arm.

ReputationRep:
    trying to play down the improtance of the game, you sound like a beaten man my friend, lets hope villareal make our last home game a real party

You've got a point. If we'd done the double over them instead of vice versa, we'd be hot for 2nd. Yet still. European Cup, and FAC Final somewhat ease the pain. How does it feel, watching us go through to the final of the Cup in your own ground? Bet it makes you all warm and fuzzy inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Well they did shove him but David reacted and swung an arm.
    i think we all would have in that situation, daivids didnt even do anything wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    trying to play down the improtance of the game, you sound like a beaten man my friend, lets hope villareal make our last home game a real party
    Beaten man? LOL. This was more important for you than us. We are playing in the semis on the biggest stage in Europe on tuesday something Spurs could only dream of and thus we rested players. The fact that you were a better team today, had to behave in an unsportsman manner, and still came away CELEBRATING a draw whilst Arsenal were very poor and were disappointed with ONLY a point says a lot about the positions of the two clubs.

ReputationRep:
    where are you in the table, yer i guess it does say alot about our positions

ReputationRep:
    We'll take him!

(Original post by kpg)
    Implying Spurs should've put the ball out for the good of human kind seems a bit far fetched to me.
    You can read... right?

This is not about human kind, this is just how you treat one another person.

If you see someone on the ground in some kind of potential trouble in a sports event, you don't just 'keep on playing'.

What on earth is wrong with you people? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    thats the whole point there was nothing wrong with gilberto and eboue - hence we layed on

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.