Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    You think??? God he is sooo a waste of money. Drogba is premadonna and thinks he should own th ball. At the beginning of the season he hardly ever ran out of our half, well lets face it he hardly ever ran.

As for the final, I think Liverpool V Middlesboro
    I can't say I like the man at all but atleast he tries to score and actually does. The worst part is we are going too loose around £8-10 million on Cisse probably which could have bought us a new winger.

Drogba is so annoying though is he trying to beat a record for the amount of times one player can hit the deck in a season? I am not saying our players are angels or anything but to go down for someone brushing along side him takes the michael.

Was Gudjohnsen injured yesterday or just left out of the team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Kanu was new to English football and wasnt aware of the situation. Anyway we agreed to replay it

I remember the break and the goal but was it obvious that he was down injured to our players breaking?
    Yep. After the match Wenger had the choice of being slaughtered in the press and going through, or doing the decent thing and offering a true reply at Bramall Lane (which is what would have happened if they hadn't "scored"). He instead got the best of both worlds - a reputation as a gentleman and a replay at his own ground, despite having effectively failed to win at his own ground.

Arsenal got a fair play award for replaying the game so fair enough, it was good of them. Being new to English football not an excuse though. Seem to remember an incident in a Yeovil league game where they scored when giving the ball back to the opposition. They then let the opposition (forget who it was now) score to get a goal back and cancel the goal out.

As for the other match, Mr Poll was to blame for some aspects but there was an incident later on in the game when Arsenal had a player down and our fans (still annoyed from the earlier incident) told them to carry on (wasn't a head injury like Allison's injury wasn't just before the Arsenal goal) but Tonge or Jagielka put the ball out.
    The ref didn't see the foul on Allison but tv replays do show he was knocked over from behind and kicked. He wasn't rolling around for no reason put it that way.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC_Girl)
    I can't say I like the man at all but atleast he tries to score and actually does. The worst part is we are going too loose around £8-10 million on Cisse probably which could have bought us a new winger.

Drogba is so annoying though is he trying to beat a record for the amount of times one player can hit the deck in a season? I am not saying our players are angels or anything but to go down for someone brushing along side him takes the michael.

Was Gudjohnsen injured yesterday or just left out of the team?
    He does like diving doesn't he. Such a drama queen. Sadly the premiership is full of them. There seems to be a culture amongst footballers lately, dive or kick the crap out of your opponents. Doesn't exactly display good role models does it??!

As for Eider just left out another mistake from Jose.

ReputationRep:
    The pitch with its, bloody dangerous, slope was perfect for Drogba as well yesterday just to add a bit more drama

Wondered about Eidur because I think he's one of your best players. I haven't a clue on Chelsea fans thoughts but when I have seen him and Crespo play together they seem to work well. I was suprised he didn't play. Although he must have passed on tips to Joe Cole on how to miss in the dying minutes of a semi

Edit: I also found this video quite amusing - Frank gets slapped by Jose

ReputationRep:
    You are absolutely having a laugh! I have never seen, heard of or otherwised witnessed any throwing of s***e at Old Trafford. As for what you allege about us; even that is true, does it measure up to your mass destruction yesterday? And as I say, it kind of lacks any heroism given that we weren't there to defend ourselves.

There is no point us continuing this argument, as we are never going to agree, and neither of us are going to be able to substantiate our claims through evidence anyway. My point has always largely been that I can't understand why you find it so funny to treat our stadium with such disrespect, when we kindly let YOU use it so YOU could get as many fans in as you could. Earlier when you had your fingers crossed for a ticket in the ballot; can you be certain that you would have gotten your ticket at Villa Park? I don't think so. Be grateful. The End.

ReputationRep:
    The pitch with its, bloody dangerous, slope was perfect for Drogba as well yesterday just to add a bit more drama

Wondered about Eidur because I think he's one of your best players. I haven't a clue on Chelsea fans thoughts but when I have seen him and Crespo play together they seem to work well. I was suprised he didn't play. Although he must have passed on tips to Joe Cole on how to miss in the dying minutes of a semi

Edit: I also found this video quite amusing - Frank gets slapped by Jose
    LOL I did see that more of a friendly slap than a hit. The pitch was fantastic, nice and bouncy with longer grass. Wouldn't have minded getting out the pinic set on it.

ReputationRep:
    Drogba has been vital to the way Chelsea play. His finishing maybe poor and he maybe a cheat but considering Chelsea are about to win back-to-back titles he's been a success. Team success is paramount, individual success comes later.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe this is what Chelsea thought we were doing yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ds7V...pool%20Chelsea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    Maybe this is what Chelsea thought we were doing yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ds7V...pool%20Chelsea
    I think Lil Luis thought he was playing that in the first half as-well. That bloody sitter he missed sent everyone around me ****ging him off. Typical Garcia though misses a sitter then scores a magic winner.

Someone on that video has a bloody brilliant laugh!

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by President_Ben
    I don't really care what everyone else thinks. I know that the welfare, health and safety of human beings is more important than how a game progresses. If you value a game over the health and safety of people, that is your loss. I think that is sick.
    P_B, you seem to have made the same point at least ten times. There must be a code of conduct in debating that prevents one from doing so.

I'm guessing you're one of these people that petitions for the cessation of boxing and all other contact sports :rolleyes: . Your emotive words (barbarian, sick etc) do little for your arguement, they only serve to accentuate how wrong your are in relation to the Eboue-Gilberto 'injuries'.

ReputationRep:
    Couple of my own photos..
    Couple of photos i took meself..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StillUndecided)

When were those pictures taken Mithun??
    It was taken by some stewards after the match.

ReputationRep:
    :king1: :congrats:

Well done them. I'm going to see their last game of the season at Stockport but I'll be in the Stockport end hoping for a home win if Stockport still need points to survive.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    And the staff/stewards/police at Field Mill tomorrow are bracing themselves for upto 4,500 Carlisle Fans turning up - I hope they enjoy their day out, and that there's little trouble.
    4,500 carlise fans? thats more than mansfield towns average attendance lol

ReputationRep:
    i missed our easter monday match cos i had to go back to uni but i cant wait for saturday to get the train back up to carlisle for the last home game of the season. what a season its been, to think only 2 years ago we had the heartbreak of going down and now this!! can't wait to get 6 points off swansea next season and shut that smarmy trundle up.

ReputationRep:
    dit: I also found this video quite amusing - Frank gets slapped by Jose
    :rofl: looks like it hurt aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    :rofl: looks like it hurt aswell
    Yup lol nearly as funny as this:

ReputationRep:
    Ciderpeter, its no surprise to me that it takes a rovers fan to talk some sense in here

Lots of money rides on these matches whcih are won and lost by goals. If players can break up an attack by goign down as "injured", it'd ruin the game as we know it.

Like Cider said, if you have an attacking situation which begins with a strong (but fair) challenge and leaves you in a good position, but the opposition player down, the game would be ruined and there'd never be any goals if the ball had to be put out.

It is very compassionate of the Preseident to say that the welfare of players is paramount. I'm obviously not as nice-a-person as him, as i have the opinion that physical injuries/strains/breaks/pulled muscles although painful are non-life threatening injuries, and no threat to their life is made by playing on.
    By the theories set out by ben, every time a boxer is punched they'd have to be checked over by a doctor, given a scan to check they haven't got a haemhorrage like Michael Watson, or play would be stopped every time a tackle is made in rugby in case players have picked up a broken collar bone or something.
    It such an approach was taken, the only "sport" we'd have left is darts. And no-one would/should ever want a hellish scenario like that to occur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmocrates)
    Anyoen else think there should be a more rugby-esque approach with physio's coming on during play to sort out the crocked player?
    Yes. Even though Arsenal are guilty of doing this themselves. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wrecked my multiple. Needed a draw...so close.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.