39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Closely followed by Gary Breen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Ugo Ehiogu.
    Ah, okay... another thing off a list of things to experience before i die... Ugo Ehiogu as a punchline...

ReputationRep:
    Well done Rooney on winning the young player of the year, hopefully next season it will be the Player of the year.

ReputationRep:
    Championship Team of the Year:
    Marcus Hahnemann (Reading), Gary Kelly (Leeds), Ibrahima Sonko (Reading), Joleon Lescott (Wolves), Nicky Shorey (Reading), Steve Sidwell (Reading), Ashley Young (Watford), Phil Jagielka (Sheffield United), Jason Koumas (Cardiff), Marlon King (Watford), Kevin Doyle (Reading)

Agree with that I think from what I've seen this season.

Well done Jags!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Mcnamee and Jerome have also impressed me this season

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Jerome has been good and looks promising and we bid over £3m for him in January. Glad we didn't get him though as he aint worth that in the 2 times I've seen him this season.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    You're going to need somebody to lead the line next season, who else could you get for 3m? I've only seen him on tv tbh, but he has decent pace and he's quite strong, not to mention he knows where the back of the net is- he did well against Arsenal in the cup.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Yes but he isn't proven in the premiership and £3m is a lot of money for someone who has just impressed in a poor championship division for a year. We need someone with experience to have any chance of staying up.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Mr Gerrard and Mr Rooney.

ReputationRep:
    What would you change in football and why?

I have thought of using injury replacements like they do in rugby, play the full amount of stoppage time due (or having a 'rolling' time as pig stated once), and have seven substitutions on the bench to bring it in line with UEFA football. No idea about increasing the number of substitutions to 4 or 5 though.

Just my 2 cents. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Experience comes at a premium unless we're talking about Teddy experience. We won't know how good he is until someone takes a chance on him, to me the risk doesn't seem as great as some other players. Darren Bent for 3m is a comparable example and look how he turned out in his 1st season. Wigan didn't buy too much Prem experience and they've been fantastic. I don't know which premiership player you could buy for that sort of money, maybe you could get one of the West Brom Strikers (Ellington or Kamara). I also don't know a lot about Sheff Utd but I rate Jagielka, Tongue, Ifill and Kenny. Webber isn't too bad either imo, on paper him and Jerome looks a good partnership, but I guess Mr. Warnock knows what he's doing.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have had Roon and Joe Cole ahead of Stevie myself, but there you go.

ReputationRep:
    She is nice.

ReputationRep:
    Current off side is very good. It got tested last year where the referee didn't give offiside as he wasn't at all interfering with play. As good as this is, its not confusing, but makes the linesmans job even more difficult now. As a consequence we can expect lots of wrong decisions.

Subs I agree - 5 people on the bench
    Amount of foreigners allowed on the pitch at any one time (must be a limit) such as 7. 4 persons must be British

6 second rule is good but it allows the keeper to run anywhere in their box. I'd like to stick the old 3 step rule again.

Goalkeeper should eb able to move more freely before a penalty. That will increase the chance of the penalty kicker missing

ReputationRep:
    Come on Watford! Whoops, Palace!

In all honestly, I can't see us winning them, but hey, Palace are always full of surprises. Momentum is important for the Playoffs, so if we beat Sheffield on the last day of the season, we might just have a chance. We've got the best player in the league playing up front, and we can beat Leeds and Watford. I'd love to go to Cardiff again, two years ago when we won, easily, easily, easily the best match I've ever been to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    I'd have had Roon and Joe Cole ahead of Stevie myself, but there you go.
    Joe Cole's performances have been slipping since christmas imo. Gerarrd is perpetually on form, and has scored plenty of goals. I bet he wins the Writer's player of the year aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, the writers like to be a bit different. Rooney's got the writers award in the bag.

ReputationRep:
    Send Chelsea to Russia, cus i don't like em.

ReputationRep:
    Are you bothered about what team you end up getting?

I personally have no team I'd prefer to avoid, but I'd like to finish 3rd of 4th so we can have out home fixture last.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    No idea about increasing the number of substitutions to 4 or 5 though.
    Substitutions were originally meant to be for injured players, not so you could bring on a second team if the first weren't performing. 5 is plenty on the bench and 3 subs is generous.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.