Announcements
  • View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    Nobody can predict the play offs, I should know.

I'll be watching them on the tv and for once relaxing.

I'll be supporting whoever plays Leeds though but would prefer Preston to win them. If not Preston then Palace.

Gem
    Oi you, you should be secretly rooting for us so we can have a big old Premiership hoedown derby next season But I understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Didn't happen, only about 1850 Carlisle fans in the end.

Lol our average attendance hasn't even been close to 4500 - we just about took 3500 to Notts County, but thats different, everyone comes out the woodwork for a local derby.
    Yeh Notts averge att has been about 4,800 this year but when town came down it was 10,000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cybercool)
    good for Gerrard, but who else thinks that momo sissoko should have at least been considered ?
    For young player of the year yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellie)
    Oi you, you should be secretly rooting for us so we can have a big old Premiership hoedown derby next season But I understand
    Hehe. Be good to play eachother in the prem but none of the Leeds fans wanted us to win the 2003 play offs when Leeds were in the prem. Plus, the local news channels (look north and calendar) will make more of a fuss about Leeds winning the play offs than us finishing 2nd in the league. :rolleyes:

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Make tickets cheaper.

And play on gravel or astroturf. I can't remember anyone ever diving on that when i was at school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmocrates)
    Make tickets cheaper.

And play on gravel or astroturf. I can't remember anyone ever diving on that when i was at school.
    lol wasn't it Luton that had a plastic pitch in the 80s, players came off with friction burns :eek:

ReputationRep:
    There are a few things I'd like to change in the game, most of the ideas are taken from rugby league.

Salary caps - this would level the playing field, making it near impossible for one team to completely dominate the league.

Overseas quotas - only allow so many overseas players on the books, this would do wonders for the national game.

An end to backchat - in rugby league the only players allowed to talk to the referee are the captains. Anyone else speaks out of turn, they're sin-binned. A similar system should be adopted by FIFA.

Diving - anyone who dives in an attempt to con the referee should be sent off. Simple as that.

Edit: Introduce the sin-bin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KellsEnder)
    There are a few things I'd like to change in the game, most of the ideas are taken from rugby league.

Salary caps - this would level the playing field, making it near impossible for one team to completely dominate the league.

Overseas quotas - only allow so many overseas players on the books, this would do wonders for the national game.

An end to backchat - in rugby league the only players allowed to talk to the referee are the captains. Anyone else speaks out of turn, they're sin-binned. A similar system should be adopted by FIFA.

Diving - anyone who dives in an attempt to con the referee should be sent off. Simple as that.

Edit: Introduce the sin-bin.
    i agree with everything, except the diving rule. its difficult enough to determine if a player dived, with out bringing in the video replay, but if that was brought in players and magers would be Demanding to see the video replay evertime a player goes down, and could you imaging the amount of stoppage time that would take up!

what i suggest is that there should be a second ref in a room watching the game through a video and this rev could concur with the field ref via radio, if the player dived or not. or if he was off side. or if a goal went in ect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    lol wasn't it Luton that had a plastic pitch in the 80s, players came off with friction burns :eek:
    ouch!

i think QPR had it as well.

ReputationRep:
    i would love Preston to win it... but i reacon that Leeds will win it. saying that Palace or watford could! lol

ReputationRep:
    the play off bring back bad memories for me, i remeber in 92 (i was only little as well) we missed out on automatic promotion by 2 goals, and lost the playoff to leicester city... damn them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    Nobody can predict the play offs, I should know.
    You lost the final when Wolves went up a couple of years ago didn't you? (I *think* you're a Sheffield fan!). That must have been a rough day. Revenge now tho as they finish outside the play offs......again! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe it

http://news.bbc.co.uk.sport.football...938326.stm.htm

ReputationRep:
    "Interesting" link you've got there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomer)
    You lost the final when Wolves went up a couple of years ago didn't you? (I *think* you're a Sheffield fan!). That must have been a rough day. Revenge now tho as they finish outside the play offs......again! :p:
    wolves are such underacheivers! it's like there satisfied with mediocrity.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah page cannot be displayed

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't work! that link you got there
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Never knew he had a stroke yesterday apparantly he's still having trouble with his speech

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4940368.stm

ReputationRep:
    works for me

although fairly obviously fake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pezking)
    works for me

although fairly obviously fake
    what does it say??????

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.