• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Video Ref

ReputationRep:
    In goal has to be calamity James, I think. If we are talking top flight.

Then we'll have mr Cygan at CB accompanied by Cygan again and yes, Cygan at every defensive position.

Upfront HAS to be Kyle partnered by the astonishingly average Robin van Persie.

And yes, I support Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Why on Earth do West Ham have this despicable rustic charm about them that just makes you want to route for the underdog?? They don't just rollover and die, and it makes you kind of endeared to them.

I'm going to call it as Liverpool 2, West Ham 1, though

ReputationRep:
    Do you think lehmanns save was valid? He jumped one metre forward before the penalty was taken, but i thought you are meant to stay on your line until the penalty has been taken.

ReputationRep:
    From what I saw his save was valid..

We could also argue if the penalty in itself was valid.

ReputationRep:
    unfortunatley you could see in Riquelme's face that he was going to miss it. he looked very nervous upon taking it. the save was valid, i dont agree with the keeper off his line rule anyway. but having said that i thought arsenal were lucky to go through

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the save was as valid as the penalty, and alot more 'valid' than some of the villareal challenges.

Overall, i think the match was a fair result

ReputationRep:
    no video ref, would slow up the game and take away half the talking points that make football all the more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you FK333, we hung on by a thread and we were lucky to get through..

I must also add that Arsenal showed such GREAT sportsmanship!! (apart from Gilbertos lash out).. I think it was very honourable of them all through the game , that's how football should be

ReputationRep:
    it was a lucky penalty. but villareal should have scored before then. but i wanted arsenal to win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbo)
    it was a lucky penalty. but villareal should have scored before then. but i wanted arsenal to win
    Indeed they had loadddddsssssss of chances and I could see how well they connected in the offensive position but they didn't make much of their chances unlucky for them..

However, I'm an Arsenal fan so I'm happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mexus)
    I agree with you FK333, we hung on by a thread and we were lucky to get through..

I must also add that Arsenal showed such GREAT sportsmanship!! (apart from Gilbertos lash out).. I think it was very honourable of them all through the game , that's how football should be
    lol very nice

ReputationRep:
    lujunberg should have just punched someone the amount of fouls he was reciving

ReputationRep:
    that was hilarious, he got bulied

ReputationRep:
    Indeed!! he got pushed and shoved so much yet he didn't lose his temper :confused:.. I reiterate; Excellent sportsmanship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kooldood)
    Do you think lehmanns save was valid? He jumped one metre forward before the penalty was taken, but i thought you are meant to stay on your line until the penalty has been taken.
    Well I think 'one metre' is an exaggeration. He did move marginally forward and there could be a case I guess for retaking but I thought the award was harsh anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW2Z-...al%20villareal

Regarding keepers coming off the line it isnt acceptable. Far too many keepers are half way to the penalty spot before the ball is kicked and very rarely do they get retaken. It is something referees need to stamp down on

ReputationRep:
    referees should also do somthing about pushing in the box it is herendus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    unfortunatley you could see in Riquelme's face that he was going to miss it. he looked very nervous upon taking it. the save was valid, i dont agree with the keeper off his line rule anyway. but having said that i thought arsenal were lucky to go through
    'i dont agree with the keeper off his line rule anyway'

How come? Seems a perfectly legitimate rule to me, far too many keepers exploit it.

And 'lucky' on what grounds? We have a perfectly good goal ruled out in the 1st leg and although we were awful last night I wouldnt so much say we were 'lucky'

ReputationRep:
    the reality of that rule is, keepers would have to dive into their post to avoid comming off their line.

ReputationRep:
    forget the first leg, i wasnt talking about that, lucky on the grounds villareal should have scored

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.