Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    I'm an Arsenal fan and I do agree with FK333 on this occassion... Indeed villarreal SHOULD have scored, but they didnt...

ReputationRep:
    i bet spurs are crapping themselves that they won't get into the champions league

ReputationRep:
    indeed we are, well done to arsenal for getting there but im only telling it how it is. my dads going to the final and hes gonna wear his spurs shirt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    the reality of that rule is, keepers would have to dive into their post to avoid comming off their line.
    Wrong, the rule doesnt say you cant dive forward, just that you cant move off your line before the ball is kicked

ReputationRep:
    is he sittig with the arsenal fans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    indeed we are, well done to arsenal for getting there but im only telling it how it is. my dads going to the final and hes gonna wear his spurs shirt
    So he is going to cheer on Barca? :wtf?:

ReputationRep:
    no with the press people but will be so funny if all the arsenal fans turn on him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbo)
    is he sittig with the arsenal fans?
    I was going to ask that too! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    yer, we will be cheering barca as if they were spurs! no offence but it would be devastating for us to lose our champions league spot after all the hard work

ReputationRep:
    rioting in north london i bet if arsenal nick the place

ReputationRep:
    No offence taken.. If I were a spurs fan (unthinkable) I would be gutted too!

ReputationRep:
    exactly, have you seen how spurs are trying already to appeal to uefa about the rule, i doubt they will change it though.

if their is riots im gonna be there!

ReputationRep:
    I agree spurs have worked hard to earn 4th place. However IFF Arsenal win the CL, then they would have also worked hard to earn a place in the next season..

ReputationRep:
    If Arsenal lose Henry and Pires, that will truly be the end of the second generation Arsenal team under Arsene Wenger.

The similarities between Arsenal and Liverpool are quite freaky. I just hope Arsenal don't have a 3-3 final like Liverpool did, I don't think my heart could take it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    Last season Liverpool..
    • Finished 5th in the league
    • Were battling with their local rivals Everton for 4th spot
    • Plagued with injuries
    • Their best player & captain was about to leave but stayed
    • Won the Champions League

This season Arsenal..
    • Are currently 5th in the league
    • Battling with their local rivals Spurs for 4th spot
    • Plagued with injuries
    • Speculation that Henry may leave
    • Are through to the Champions League final

Hmmm
    Indeed!! A pattern is evident... Let's see what happens on 17th of May though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    actually, i want more crunching tackles, i'm not a nasty person but i like to see it
    Yeah same here, only on Chelsea players though! That would teach all the divers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    Surely champions league implies its a competition full of domestic champions! But it isn't. Perhaps all CL places should go to only teams from the best leagues and have no romainina teams of scots teams in it would you be happy with that
    It also implies that it's a league rather than just having a league stage but really being a cup competition. But that would be impractical too.

ReputationRep:
    luarent robert, luarent robert, luarent robert, luarent robert, luarent robert, luarent robert, luarent robert, luarent robert, luarent robert, luarent robert and luarent robert in goal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDuck)
    The guy up front for Portsmouth atm seems pretty bad
    OOOOOO!

only joking, i assume your talking about benjani. he is pretty terrible, atm. not bad at causing problems but when it comes to scoring goals we might as well have ade akembyi up front!

ReputationRep:
    Did Riquelme score every single penalty he's ever taken before the one last night? Cos none of his team-mates seemed to even consider that he might miss (although, you could see it in Riquelme's face that he probably didn't consider he might score). Only Sorin was standing on the edge of the area, ready to go for the rebound. I say "ready", but he only started running into the area once the ball was in the air after Lehmann's save, which is more than any of his team-mates did. Even when Lehmann had the ball at his feet and was telling the five (yes, five) Arsenal players standing in front of him to get out of the way, none of the Villareal players were trying to hurry him up. In fact Riquelme had his shirt over his head, but you can't really blame him, that was a shocking penalty.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.