LM: Seth Johnson
    RM: Boogers
    CM: Biscan
    FC: Postiga
    FC: Benjani
    FC: Dia

Boumsong obviously captain.

ReputationRep:
    That's fair enough, I'll change Forlan to...Heskey. Can't argue with Heskey, 40 odd caps, 5 goals, i know he 'holds up play' but for a striker his scoring record is absoulte sh*te and i doubt his assists are that high considering he 'sets up goals and brings others into play'.

But the rest on that list are truely shocking, don't you agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Essex Jay)
    That's fair enough, I'll change Forlan to...Heskey. Can't argue with Heskey, 40 odd caps, 5 goals, i know he 'holds up play' but for a striker his scoring record is absoulte sh*te and i doubt his assists are that high considering he 'sets up goals and brings others into play'.

But the rest on that list are truely shocking, don't you agree?
    Haha...your team would **** all over my selection .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Goalkeeper: Taibi

The leagueeeeee in black and white!!!!!!! Tottenham the leagueeeee in black and white

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Red Phoenix*)
    Thats cause there team is full of kids. ricardo fuller who can only score in the second flight.

Then i can't say much. Pompey havn't won at Brammel (i know it's probly the wrong spelling) Lane since the 60's!

Bramall.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    Completely disagree. It's good that they stopped World Cup winners to automatically qualify for the next finals. if you look back at the last 4/5 world cup finals, the winners haven't done so well because of the absence of competitve matches for 4 years.

But I know that has no relevance with the Champions league issue but everyone would agree the top 4 teams at the end of the season deserve to be given a champions league place because they've been the best 4 teams in the season, end of story. If Arsenal wins the CL, they would have done a great job but a champions league place on a plate when they haven't been good enough to get it throught the league doesn't sound right.

It all comes down to this and I want to hear from anyone who can disagree with this statement; A team who worked hard for a 4th place should not be denied a place in the CL through something they have no control over.
    That's stupid. The holders of the cup deserve to defend it, otherwise it's unfair. Also, define 'Champions League' and then try and apply that to Tottenham, its ridicolous, how can a team like Tottenham be worthy of joining such a competition as the Champions League?

I think there are already too many English places in the league for the CL, it just takes away the novelty, especially with piss poor teams like Tottenhem competing against the likes of Barcelona, Madrid, Milan etc, It would be an embarresment, as it pains me to say, just look at Everton. (Although we should of went through as Beattie/Ferguson's goal should of stood :mad: ).

ReputationRep:
    Rooney? Sorry but what has he won? Very decorated player isn't he? Henry or Zola over him any day. Yes having him as LM won't work.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Biscan was an ok player in his latter stages of his Liverpool career, suprised they sold him really, seemed to do the job. Oh, and Salif Diao deserves a mention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Rooney? Sorry but what has he won? Very decorated player isn't he? Henry or Zola over him any day. Yes having him as LM won't work.
    We'll see what Rooney has achieved at the end of the World Cup, but he has been one of the most exciting players the premiership has produced. Why Henry on the left wing? La arse bought Henry has a midfielder, he played on the wings for a season, maybe two then Wenger realised his potential and stuck him upfront. Look at him now, how many goals does he score coming from the left and slotting the ball into the keeper's bottom left corner?

ReputationRep:
    We'll see what Rooney has achieved at the end of the World Cup
    One world cup does not merit him getting ahead of other candidates. Only until they have finished their playing careers can they be properly judged. People often rate Rooney with potential playing a major part but if you did that I can see Cech overriding Schmeichel already.

ReputationRep:
    Well Rooney's staying there because i can't really think of any amazing RM's. The only ones that spring to mind are Poborsky and Kanchelskis.

ReputationRep:
    i can't really think of any amazing RM's. The only ones that spring to mind are Poborsky and Kanchelskis.
    errr...poborsky is NOT an amazing RM....you must be a rag to have Kanchelsis and Porborsky, how about Beckham maybe????

ReputationRep:
    Rush and Rooney??

Zola, Bergkamp, Cantona, Giggs, Scholes, Beckham (although Kanchelskis was better imo)...

And Wenger used Henry upfront even at Monaco. It was only at Juve was he wasted on the left.

ReputationRep:
    I think that the winner should automatically qualify regardless of what happens in their home league. So if Arsenal win it this season but finish 5th then next season they'll be 5 English teams, if the next season Milan win it but finish 5th in La Liga, Italy will have 5 teams etc.

ReputationRep:
    But then one country would have to sacrifice a spot

ReputationRep:
    Martin Phillips (Man City), Alan Ball paid one million pound for this dude from exeter, then told the media that the tricky left winger would become the first british ten million pound player....sold a few seasons later for a hundred grand!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Fowler, Carragher, Gerrard & Rush all gotta be in there.

Wouldn't mind McManaman, McAllister & Barnes too

ReputationRep:
    That's stupid. The holders of the cup deserve to defend it, otherwise it's unfair.
    The world cup has gone that way and it's th best thing fifa has done in years.

Also, define 'Champions League' and then try and apply that to Tottenham, its ridicolous, how can a team like Tottenham be worthy of joining such a competition as the Champions League?
    Who's stupid now. So if they were to finish 1st, they wouldn't deserve to win the premiership because they're not worthy? :rolleyes:

It's sad people see football through stats and not as the beautiful game it is.

ReputationRep:
    Biscan was quite a good player at times, he pulled out some fantastic performances most noticably against Leverkusen.
    Sean Dundee deserves a mention.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.