Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    whereas if Arsenal win the competition they would truly deserve the spot.
    This is where I disagree with people with your sort of mentality. The only thing they would have deserved is the trophy and their name written in history, not a helping hand in the next season of that cup. A team who wins the CL should be awarded with the trophy, a team who finishes in the top zone of their leagues should awarded with Europe. It's a pretty simple concept.

ReputationRep:
    GK: Schmeicel (sp?)
    LB Winterburn
    CB: Adams
    CB: Hyypia
    RB: Neville
    LM: ??
    CM: Vieria
    CM: Keane
    RM:Beckham
    CF: Cantano(sp?)
    CF: Henry

ReputationRep:
    What value would the champions league hold, if the bloody champions werent there to defend it? It would devalue the whole thing.
    Spurs arent ready for the champions league anyway, we seen what happened to everton when they made the big step up a year in uefa will do them worlds of good.
    And how anyone can anyone justify leaving out the reigning european champions, which is the most sought after silverware in europe for a team who finished fourth in the league. Fourth?

ReputationRep:
    I think Tottenham are better than Everton were last year. They aren't just a bunch of brutes, they've got good individual players. Still, I agree with everything else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    But then one country would have to sacrifice a spot
    Well FC Thun may have enjoyed their little European sejourn but they're not likely to win the CL, I think we could lose teams like that and not affect the overall quality of the competition too much, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    A team who worked hard for a 4th place should not be denied a place in the CL through something they have no control over.
    It is also argueable that a team that has worked HARD to win the champions league SHOULD be allowed to defend their well earned spot

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking just the best player (even if they only stayed for a season or two) or those who've made the biggest contribution to the Prem? If the latter the likes of Shearer, Giggs etc should be in there

ReputationRep:
    GK: Ogrizovic
    LB: Worthington
    CB: Jones
    CB: Babb
    RB: Earle
    LM: Staunton
    CM: Yeboah
    CM: Wise
    RM: Ginola
    ST: Saunders
    ST: Ndlovu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Well FC Thun may have enjoyed their little European sejourn but they're not likely to win the CL, I think we could lose teams like that and not affect the overall quality of the competition too much, eh?
    Well if you think that, we might as well fore go everything else and have Chelsea Vs Barcelona and Real Madrid Vs AC Milan in the semis. Still, clubs like Porto and Liverpool might have something to say about that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Ludicrious suggestion. Why dont we just give the trophy to barcelona?

ReputationRep:
    zola, henry,

beckham, giggs, roy kean, Vieria

neville, adams, hyypia, sol campbell

Schmeichel

-----------------------above back in a dayz---------------------
    ----------------jus premiership---------------
    ------------------------------now a dayz below----------------

henry, ruud

robben, lampard, c.ronaldo, joe cole

terry, del horno, gallas, heinze

cech

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    This is where I disagree with people with your sort of mentality. The only thing they would have deserved is the trophy and their name written in history, not a helping hand in the next season of that cup. A team who wins the CL should be awarded with the trophy, a team who finishes in the top zone of their leagues should awarded with Europe. It's a pretty simple concept.
    So you're saying the spot of TH (title holders) should be removed from the seedings for the following year's tournament then? Because the way it is now, the winners of the tournament are automatically placed as the highest seeds the following year. It is one of the benefits of winning the trophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    [/U]

Bramall.

Gem
    thats the one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    What value would the champions league hold, if the bloody champions werent there to defend it? It would devalue the whole thing.
    What value would the champions league hold, if the bloody 20th team in a league were to take part? it would devalue the whole thing since it was originally only for teams who were the 'champions' of their league.

ReputationRep:
    One of the littler teams probably wouldn't at all mind the chance to play two qualifying games against Arsenal, and receive a nice compensation package....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Red Phoenix*)
    Thats cause there team is full of kids. ricardo fuller who can only score in the second flight.
    They were walloping us three nil at half time when we played them at Mary's.

And we STILL ended up winning the game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    So you're saying the spot of TH (title holders) should be removed from the seedings for the following year's tournament then? Because the way it is now, the winners of the tournament are automatically placed as the highest seeds the following year. It is one of the benefits of winning the trophy.
    No, it shouldn't be removed unless they don't qualify but I don't see why the seedings shouldn't reflect their position in the league.

ReputationRep:
    To be perfectly honest, after last year's comments I dont think Arsene Whinger would have much grounds for complaint if somehow tottenham were to go through if Arsenal won the CL!

ReputationRep:
    Roque Junior.

Actually, I shouldn't be too harsh on the man. We played him against the Man United under 11s and he scored twice and we only lost because of Diego Forlan's cheat of an offside goal.

But I disgress.

We played him in his favourite position. And he single handledly manage to concede SIX goals. To PORTSMOUTH. I mean, I have no problem with Portsmouth. I'm not a massive fan of the club, but they have "proper" football supporters. But siriusly, Six? **** me.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see Arsenal in the Final, I'm hoping for Barca to ease through tonight. Although I think Arsenal used all their luck last night, at some points I wanted Villareal to win to drive home how shocking Arsenal were.

another point, Spanish sides (even their fans) can be complete c*ck's, falling over, halting play, overly physical marking/defending, crowd throwing stuff at Sol etc. ****in* cavemen

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.