Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellie)
    They were walloping us three nil at half time when we played them at Mary's.

And we STILL ended up winning the game!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :marchmell

ReputationRep:
    I'm a strong believer of type of pitch and how big it is. No matter how good a side you are, I think you will suffer if the dimensions are all wrong. I do believe Arsenal will suffer next year as a a result of moving onto a larger pitch.

Barca have a big pitch, and so does Paris. I think Barca will beat us, but obviously as an Arsenal fan, I'm hoping different.

ReputationRep:
    I think it will be 0-0. Football has taught me that expectations for big games always fail the hype.

ReputationRep:
    I expected Barca to be in the final. I still think that we (arsenal) have a chance. It is a one off game ad Arsenal will be the underdogs and not in as much pressure as the villareal 2nd leg. We will definitely play better than yesterday and we will play differently. Being classed as underdogs play's into Arsenal's hands.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind at all if Arsenal win it. But IMO, Barca will do them over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I expected Barca to be in the final. I still think that we (arsenal) have a chance. It is a one off game ad Arsenal will be the underdogs and not in as much pressure as the villareal 2nd leg. We will definitely play better than yesterday and we will play differently. Being classed as underdogs play's into Arsenal's hands.
    The whole future of arsenal football club rides on thsi game so there will be MASSIVE pressure.

If they win, Henry stays, another season of CL football which is where the money is at, and of course they will be remembered as champions of europe.
    Things look bright

If they lose, henry will probably leave, no CL football, which means little money to spend espcially after building the new stadium.

18-6, to the Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDuck)
    GK:Chalkias
    RB:Roque Junior
    LB:Cygan (get him in at left back )
    CB:Boumsong (c)
    CB:Margas
    LM: Seth Johnson
    RM: Boogers
    CM: Biscan
    FC: Postiga
    FC: Benjani
    FC: Dia

Boumsong obviously captain.
    how about laurent robert on the subs bench!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    I think its changes in competitions which need to be carried out. For a statrt expand the FA cup to include all british teams and therefore give it a best of britian tag. Second of all possibly make changes to the premiership by reducing the amounts of teams to 18. The range between top and bottom is too great at the moment and this would ease it whilst reducing the overloaded fixture list - but leagues are used as a cash cow by clubs so it would be very unpopular with the money men. Also the CL should include teams who only win their domestic leagues and therefore make it of much higher calibre whilst making the domestic leagues more competitive as teams will not be just content with a 2,3,4th spot. Instead these teams would go into the uefa cup and improve it as it is very mickey mouse nowadays.
    i had a thought, if you reduce the amount of teams in the prem, the there will be about 26 teams in a lower leage which means more games. how about doing what you said reducing the amount of teams in the prem, by adding another league such as league 3.then all of the leagues have got less teams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    but Arsenal and Barca went against their morals of great football in the semi's, so why wouldnt they also do it in the final? Theyve got this far, and result is so important, especially for Arsenal.
    Because all they needed to do was draw, the final will be different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    i think that is slightly biased. Maybe Arsenal were a few years ago, but now they line up with a 4-5-1, are struggling in the league and just take a look at the results of the last few KO matches.
    Ok we arnt consistent but when we turn it on and play our flowing football it is only comparable with Barcelona (VS Boro and Everton are good examples) It's as much the mentality as anything else

ReputationRep:
    i personaly wouldn't want to call it lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parag)
    I noticed something flicking through an old Premier League 95 sticker album today, Chris Coleman's only 3 months or so older than Southgate and you don't exactly consider Southgate to be 'that' old :eek:
    That's only really because Chris had an accident when he still was a player so his playing career was cut rather short.

ReputationRep:
    Offered the job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Yesss!
    Then Chelsea can give them a good pasting in the Community Shield! Two rivals one year after each other. Next is Leeds. :p:

ReputationRep:
    nice !!! i don't think mcclaren, curbishley and alladyce are good enough

ReputationRep:
    So they declined Hiddink saying they wanted an English manager and then this happens. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Red Phoenix*)
    how about laurent robert on the subs bench!
    haha..you dont like Robert ;-). He could knock in an awesome cross and was a threat from free kicks, so sorry he doesnt make it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    So they declined Hiddink saying they wanted an English manager and then this happens. :rolleyes:
    Don't blame the FA, blame your owner who is subsidising Hiddink's next job.

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Then Chelsea can give them a good pasting in the Community Shield! Two rivals one year after each other. Next is Leeds. :p:
    Ermm, convention goes that we play each other at least 5 times a season?!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.