Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely think Arsenal will win, If they choose the right man to man mark Ronaldinho. Just my hunch. I don't think Barca will be so hard to break down. But I want Barca to win, and would have supported Milan even more, for the record.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Common sense prevails. The public backlash against mclaren and we finnaly get a manager wholl have us playing entertaining footie and wont be afraid to chop people.
    Well boro play good footy don't they?

ReputationRep:
    I just hope Arsenal wins... Tho I must admit that the playing in their last game wasn't really that great - tho Lehmann did some fantastic job out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Essex Jay)
    What's your thoughts? For me it would be something like:

GK: Schmeichel
    LB: Winterburn
    CB: Adams
    CB: Campbell
    RB: G. Neville
    LM: Henry
    CM: Keane
    CM: Viera
    RM: Rooney
    FC: Shearer
    FC: Rush
    Did Rush play in the Prem??

I wouldn't play two holding midfielders.

Or two similar strikers.

Schmeichel
    Neville
    Adams
    Pallister
    Irwin?
    Kanchelskis
    Keane
    Gerrard
    Giggs
    Cantona
    Henry

Rooney, Bergkamp, Zola , Lampard subs

ReputationRep:
    GK Schmeichel
    LB Irwin
    RB G. Neville
    CB Adams
    CB Ferdinand
    LM Giggs
    RM Beckham
    CM Keane
    ACM Zola
    CF Shearer
    CF Cantona

I've put zola there, in a sort of a free role behind the front two, and chose the combination of Adams and Ferdinand, rather than using campbell when he was in his prime, because i think they would play better together.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you have to think too hard about what players will play well together, just put the best player in that position in Premiership history folks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Ive got the strikers..Adi Akinbiyi And John Stead
    Jason Lee Pineapple head?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Jason Lee Pineapple head?
    Is a s**t player and really needs to sort out that haircut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDuck)
    Are you kidding? It was not a foul. Terry stood still. The only foul was by Campbell on Terry trying to get the ball!!!!!!
    Meier only gave the decision because the goaly just flapped around like a fish out of water.
    The hand on the keeper's shoulder was blatent.
    I'll try to find a video of it for you.

At the very least there is contention so his mistake is understandable

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ORP...%20euro%202004
    The comments below show that there is support for Meier's decision.
    Terry's arm preventing the keeper from jumping is clear.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal can beat Barca, but they'll have to start well and get an early goal. Eboue should do a good job against Ronaldinho, Toure can keep up with Eto'o, lets just hope they dont dive and get someone sent off

ReputationRep:
    I think Ronaldinho shutdown is the true test. Arsenal WILL score a goal, because of the way Henry matches so favourably against every one of Barcas back 4. But Barcelona will also score, multiple times if the playmakers are not shut down.

I think everything points to a 2-1 to Barcelona, but I hope so much for Arsenal to win it. And they will if they can shut down Ronaldinho.

Maybe it's time for the unstoppable Pascal Cygan to get out there!? Lol

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal have the capability to beat Barcelona. but the biggest problem is even when Barcelona aren't on form, they have the players to change the game in an instant, while Arsenal, at least in recent matches, don't seem to be able to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Well boro play good footy don't they?
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona were in an easier positionm than Arsenal (away goal which they could build upon AT HOME) and played on the counter attack against Milan.

Arsenal might not have scored that many in the KO but they've played Real Madrid and Juventus as well as an inspired Villareal side.

Barcelona will win though.

ReputationRep:
    That ****ing Hleb needs to stop playing **** as well. Every time he gets the ball he loses it, and giving Barcelona a lot of possession isn't a good idea

ReputationRep:
    Le Tissier was immense.

James Beattie kind of reminds me of him a little bit. But not enough, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Big phil turned Brazil from a shambolic team in doubt of qualification to WC winners in little over a year.
    Excellent choice.

However, he wont make any commitments until after the WC..

ReputationRep:
    He had a good volley, he is nowhere near one of the best attackers the Premiership has ever seen. In my humble opinion of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam The Eagle)
    I don't think you have to think too hard about what players will play well together, just put the best player in that position in Premiership history folks
    I disagree, otherwise you may have the best 11 individuals, but not the best premiership 11

ReputationRep:
    But there's no point in conversing over who would and would not have played well together. For all we know, had Tore Andre Flo and Stan Collymore played together, they could have formed the greatest strike partnership ever. But well never know who combines well and who doesn't, so we might as well just list the best players in each position.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.