Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    Same here, it's a shame channel 5 couldn't have shown both home ties since they covered they away legs.
    was it being shown live at all?

i looked on the skysports score centre and they didnt have the little skysports icon they have if they're showing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deaks)
    I think one of the potential games to have massive violence is the germany game against poland....there has already been a meeting earlier in the year between polish skinheads and german neo nazis and it kicked off big time in Germany. Throw the presense of 100,000 england fans into it as well and its bound to kick off. England will possibly meet Poland in the second round or Germany...you just know theres gonna be trouble if england play either of them. Theres loads of Turks in Germany which adds to the problems, with Iranians and Saudis being present too.There will be all sorts happening and the German authorities are trying to brush it all under the carpet.
    Completely agree.. Last week on ITV news I saw this polish fan saying that the polish hooligans are going out to attack German, english and turkish supporters.. Germany v poland is going to be huge and violence is for sure

ReputationRep:
    Does that mean there could be Chelsea, Man united, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Boro and the 6th placed team in the league in europe next year? Or am I getting to overly excited? Great news for english football!

ReputationRep:
    All I can say is... Wow!!! I actually listened to the game on the radio while doing some work until the 3rd goal went in for Borough! Then, I just had to go down to watch the game, because I sensed a win there, and they did! Well done to Borough, the comeback kings.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say that even though I am (unfortunately) a Sunderland supporter I do wish Boro every success in the final. It is very good to see British teams do well in Europe, especially those, like Boro, who are not used to European football.

ReputationRep:
    Thierry Henry today won the football writer's association player of the year award for the 3rd time, so I thought, about time he had a thread all for himself for people to post their comments on him.
    The guy is an amazing player and amazing person. In fact his personality was highlighted in tuesday's interview where despite his own feelings in getting through to the final, he still mentioned Steven Gerrard.

What a guy

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE TEESSIDE!

what a team, I feel lucky to support them. It felt like a dream really.

I'm on cloud 10

ReputationRep:
    Go Europe, Go Europe! Go Go Go Go Europe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pezking)
    was it being shown live at all?

i looked on the skysports score centre and they didnt have the little skysports icon they have if they're showing it
    I don't think tonight's match was being shown on british tv.

ReputationRep:
    itv4. watched it sat next to a smoggy. awesome game.

ReputationRep:
    He is a phenominal player and top bloke. Infact to much of a nice bloke to be a really effective captain imo.

Please stay

ReputationRep:
    west ham 6 - liverpool 4, ok so it'll never happen but we can all dream!

ReputationRep:
    Ive got to hand it to them, nobody does come-backs like the English. This seasons Boro have staked a claim to being the greatest come-back team in history.

ReputationRep:
    It's the Writers award, which is probably better than the PFA imo.

Yet more heroism from Borough. May it continue until the next time they play Manchester United. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    GK - Kahn
    LB - Carlos
    RB -
    CB - Beckenbauer
    CB -
    LM - Klinsmann
    CM -
    CM - Ronaldinho
    RM -
    CF - Maradonna
    CF - Pele
    As much as i love Jurgen the German, he was a goal hanger not really a midfielder.
    As El Cheuco said, Yashin is the greatest goalie of all time even though I've only seen short b/w footage of him.

Here's mine:

Yashin
    Alberto Baresi Beckenbauer Maldini
    Platini Zico Cruyff
    Maradona
    Pele Eusebio

ReputationRep:
    I cant believe it, i missed the match again!

ReputationRep:
    Its a final, favourites mean very little in a one-off game.

Arsenal can win for sure. 50-50. What Barca have slightly more in attack, Arsenal have slightly more in defence. Barca's defence isn't the best. There'll surely be goals.

(Original post by silent ninja)
    I cant believe it, i missed the match again!
    On a non-Borough related theme, your A-Levels are identical to my own. There can't be many doing all five.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    As much as i love Jurgen the German, he was a goal hanger not really a midfielder.
    As El Cheuco said, Yashin is the greatest goalie of all time even though I've only seen short b/w footage of him.

Here's mine:

Yashin
    Alberto Baresi Beckenbauer Maldini
    Platini Zico Cruyff
    Maradona
    Pele Eusebio
    Gotta love the Maldini/Baresi combo...amazing

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.