Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurricaneHerd)
    you talk like your Gcse results suggest you should ! crap just crap !
    Totally insensitve and totally igronant. Just because i have bad GCSE results make me an idiot? Please **** off, your not wanted. Maybe, i didnt try for my GCSEs and that was reflected on my score. How dare you try and measure my knowledge of football against my GCSEs you know how snobbish and stuck up that is? What about the two As i am predicted for A level? Have you left them out on purpose? Dont be such a prick.
    Have you ever watched a liverpool game? I doubt you have, other wise you would of noticed how much crouch contributed. Please refrain from such steretypical *******s suck as basing my Football IQ on my GCSEs.
    What a fu**ing prick.

ReputationRep:
    Scolari won world cup 2002 with brazil and reached the euro 2004 final.. The media are a bunch of idiots. They really need a life. No wonder England never win any tornaments. All the media does is put pressure on people. They should be locked away

ReputationRep:
    I think he would have done a really good job.. And how does this look, England having been turned away by a big coach..

ReputationRep:
    Lets face it, England don't have a chance

ReputationRep:
    For starters...

ENGLAND WIN THE WORLD CUP

could become...

WE'RE ON OUR WAY TO WIN THE WORLD-CUP

makes far more sense, and fits the rhythm better.

ReputationRep:
    They have one, but it is small...

I am going to say Sweden will be the surprise team of this cup. They will make the semis this year I believe, and maybe go all the way.

ReputationRep:
    I'll settle with a bit of media intrusion into my private life for £4million a year. After all Sven does.

ReputationRep:
    Serie A only has 18 teams so there are less matches, hence the higher GPM ratio.

Casillias in terms of stopping shots is just as good as Gigi Buffon...but that's what a keeper's job is. If you can't stop shots then you shouldn't be a goalie, you need to have something extra to be the best. Buffon is the best keeper imo because of the way he organises his defence. He's good on crosses, as ba ba says, and his kicking is exemplary. Not to mention he's been awesome since breaking into the Parma first team as an 18 year old, making his international debut 2 years later. The top of his game for 10 years, and he's still only 29. Transfer fees aren't the best barometer of quality, but it tells you something when the best team in Italy pays 28m pounds for a goalie.

Adriano has everything except the mentality imo. He's been suffering from a crisis in confidence this year and has had numerous bust-ups with team mates and staff, most recently with Veron. I personally think he's awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to burst the bubble, but the whole point of Goals Per Match is that it allows comparison between leagues with different numbers of games, by examining the average.

Though looking at the goals total overall, in light of the different number of games, is nonsensical really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Sorry to burst the bubble, but the whole point of Goals Per Match is that it allows comparison between leagues with different numbers of games, by examining the average.
    Yes I know. I was making the point in case there was confusion as to why Serie A had less overall goals but a better average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Serie A only has 18 teams so there are less matches, hence the higher GPM ratio.
    I can't follow this logic. How does fewer games = higher goals per game ratio?

ReputationRep:
    because XXX goals scored in serie a is a higher ratio than XXX scored in la liga/epl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    I can't follow this logic. How does fewer games = higher goals per game ratio?
    I was following on from before...even if there are a few more goals in the Prem than seria A, the GPM in italy is likely to be higher.

GPM= total goals/ total matches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batman)
    Scolari won world cup 2002 with brazil and reached the euro 2004 final.. The media are a bunch of idiots. They really need a life. No wonder England never win any tornaments. All the media does is put pressure on people. They should be locked away
    Indeed, England's chance of winning the world cup is now in pieces.

ReputationRep:
    What I don't understand is, if Liverpool fans are happy with Crouch, why do fans from other teams moan about how he plays? Almost as if he's their player :confused:

That's what I really don't understand.. If he wasn't good, us Liverpool fans won't be happy. But we are. So why is everybody else crying?

ReputationRep:
    Oh ffs, looks like typical england drama.
    He better not have a broken ankle

ReputationRep:
    **** **** noooo **** **** **** **** *******s

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Just before the World Cup aswell :/

I feel sorry for him, whatever the damage.

For ****s Sake

Why does this happen to us before every World Cup!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.