Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    Put a tenner on arsenal to win the champions league before the Juve games - so far so good, but i wish i went each way - 12/1..........would cap of the exam period nicely

ReputationRep:
    i think there must be some damage in his ankle ligament, hope its not torn, perhaps its just sprained and needs a hel of a lot of R.I.C.E.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HigheR)
    Put a tenner on arsenal to win the champions league before the Juve games - so far so good, but i wish i went each way - 12/1..........would cap of the exam period nicely
    I got them at 30-1 after the group stages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    the point is rooney>crouch anyday, England are seriously weakened in attack without him.
    That wasn't the point, he wasn't saying 'Oh God no' about Rooney being injured, he was saying it about Crouch playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    He's going for a scan
    Well state the obvious! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Put £10 for us to finish second @ 10/1 a few weeks ago.

Come on you hundred pounds.

---

Liverpool are winning aswell..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I got them at 30-1 after the group stages

Whoaa...........how much did you put down?

ReputationRep:
    James Beattie with Owen upfront. That would work... Owen for skill and pace, Beattie has awesome power.

ReputationRep:
    I find watching MOTD very hard when he is playing, he is really awkward... But it is moderately amusing sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    People don't seem to realise that Rooney isn't the be-all and end-all. He does bring something extra to the team, but our World Cup isn't over just because he may be injured.

ReputationRep:
    owen and rooney doubtful.

Looks like Croucho and Beattie are gonna lead the front.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    James Beattie with Owen upfront. That would work... Owen for skill and pace, Beattie has awesome power.
    If you saw an international team with Beattie upfront you would laugh at them

ReputationRep:
    From what I'm reading it's not as bad as it seems anyway. People are getting worked up over nothing.

ReputationRep:
    This is where a big problem with England lies. When all our 1st team is fit we are justified as the 2nd best team in the world but our reserve team is bloody awful in comparison. We dont have a lot of strength in depth which other top teams do. It isnt a problem until you lose a couple of big names

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Defoe and Owen? I doubt it. Neither him, nor the welsh midget, should expect walk into the team anyway - too rusty, not on form, not match fit. Even Bent's lost his sparkle. If Rooney is out, Crouch will most likely play second striker.

yeh because unlike the other candidates Peter Crouch is in great form :confused: Idiot !

ReputationRep:
    Bring back Shearer? lol

ReputationRep:
    dont forget good old teddy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jose Mourinho)
    "I was scared," Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho told reporters. "England need the boy, the World Cup needs the boy.

"I know Paulo did not touch him, but the worst kind of injuries can be where there was no contact.

"I thought it was a bad injury but I was talking to one of their staff and they said it's no problem for the World Cup."
    Let's hope.

ReputationRep:
    According to the radio he left walking with crutches and the Chelsea doctor has said that there appears to be no brakes and no ligament damage. He should be ok for the world cup.

ReputationRep:
    yey no rooney!! Hopefully England won't win the world cup then.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.