Announcements
  • View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotaprob)
    yey no rooney!! Hopefully England won't win the world cup then.
    yea, the whole world would fall upside down when peter crouch lifts the world cup

ReputationRep:
    Well my point is that hopefully they don't win it at all lol :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotaprob)
    Well my point is that hopefully they don't win it at all lol :P
    You gotaprob with England? huh?

ReputationRep:
    First of all, there are 20 teams in serie A, the same as EPL and La Liga. Secondly GPG measures the average number of goals scored in every game played, therefore the number of games played wouldn't affect it anyway.

I agree with Kinsmannic about Adriano. He is quality but i dont think the Inter setup suits him. Whenever something goes wrong at Inter, Adriano is always blamed since he is the star player. Its rather unfair. it looks he will probably leave this summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)

Liverpool to beat Aston Villa

£25 (4/11)
    Woohoo.. £9.09p lol.

(Original post by HurricaneHerd)
    yeh because unlike the other candidates Peter Crouch is in great form :confused: Idiot !
    Mmmhmmm, I must be.

Aye. So let's play Mickey "in for a week, out for a month" Owen alongside Jermaine "can't even make the first XI" Defoe. If Rooney is out of the equation, which may not be the case, only Bent and Crouch have had decent seasons. The difference being Bent is a striker in more the Owen/Defoe mould, whereas Crouch offers something very different (including European, big game experience).

Of course, we could go just for a 4-3-3. Owen, Bent, Defoe up front. With 3 of them running in the same direction for the same ball, odds are at least one will get to it. Simplicity is genius, apparently.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Mmmhmmm, I must be.

Aye. So let's play Mickey "in for a week, out for a month" Owen alongside Jermaine "can't even make the first XI" Defoe. If Rooney is out of the equation, which may not be the case, only Bent and Crouch have had decent seasons. The difference being Bent is a striker in more the Owen/Defoe mould, whereas Crouch offers something very different (including European, big game experience).

Of course, we could go just for a 4-3-3. Defoe, Bent, Defoe up front. With 3 of them running in the same direction for the same ball, odds are at least one will get to it. Simplicity is genius, apparently.

:rolleyes:
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyway, Crouch and Bent up front is an interesting thought... they might actually work quite well together...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you're right about there being 20 teams. I forgot they increased it a couple of seasons ago. Some of my knowledge is still from Channel 4 football Italia lol.

Adriano will most likely go to Madrid, it's been mooted for ages. The Mutu-Adriano partnership at Parma was one of the best i can think of in recent times. It's a shame that neither has come anywhere near to fulfilling their potential.

(Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyway, Crouch and Bent up front is an interesting thought... they might actually work quite well together...
    Owen, Bent, Defoe. You can tell I'm still trying to clear all knowledge of the little bugger from my mind (mumble mutter murmur)! Rooney and Owen are undoubtably the first choice, yes, but if we need personnel to change it up I'd call on Crouchinho and Bent.

ReputationRep:
    Cech

Puyol Toure Terry A.Cole

Joaquin Gerrard Ronaldinhio(sp) Robben

Eto'o Henry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Yeah you're right about there being 20 teams. I forgot they increased it a couple of seasons ago. Some of my knowledge is still from Channel 4 football Italia lol.

Adriano will most likely go to Madrid, it's been mooted for ages. The Mutu-Adriano partnership at Parma was one of the best i can think of in recent times. It's a shame that neither has come anywhere near to fulfilling their potential.
    Yeh i can see Adriano going to Madrid in exchange for Fat Ronaldo. Inter are such mugs.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, those little Uruguayans didn't know what to do when Crouch came on, they just looked scared.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who bet on Pompey to stay up in December will be rolling in it now

ReputationRep:
    This word has been rinsed to a great extent, but Darren Bent is overrated. Did anybody see him at the Riverside in the semi? yes it was only one game but it epitomises his perfomance since Christmas. Bent was scoring at the start of the season because, imo, he was an unknown quantity to defenders. Since everybody has realised he's just a channel runner he's been poor. Anybody who believe's he's is better than Defoe needs a re-think. You'd be forgiven for forgetting what Defoe is capable of since he's been benched for a superbly in-form team player, Robbie Keane.

Defoe is obviously not a Rooney replacement, he's more Owen's number 2. Rooney aside, there are no outstanding number 10 type players who can link midfield and attack in the way he can. Dean Ashton can drop deep and can play as a target man (you can tell i'm desperate). Not saying Crouch isn't a good player, but there ought to be some more mobilty if Rooney and Owen are out and J Cole and Beckham are playing wide. Is Marlon Harewood English by any chance (I'm not joking btw!)?

ReputationRep:
    Lol it's a nice idea and I'd definitely prefer it to the current world cup song...

I agree the chorus lyrics could be better though But don't ask me how, I'm rubbish with words.

ReputationRep:
    Crouchinho? If I were Sven I would go for Rooney,Owen,Defoe,Beattie,Bent. Peter 'stick insect' Crouch stays home.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, it's Curbs! :eek:

Or, at least all signs point towards it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrzejP)
    Crouchinho? If I were Sven I would go for Rooney,Owen,Defoe,Beattie,Bent. Peter 'stick insect' Crouch stays home.
    No we wouldn't want England to win would we.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ic/4958402.stm

ReputationRep:
    let's face it. We(Poland) have no chance to win the World Cup...
    And in that case I want to see English lifting the trophy

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.