Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PremiershipFootballer)
    dont forget good old teddy!
    go back to the old SAS...
    Shearer and Sheringham!

ReputationRep:
    Ah men to that I wouldnt say no to either in the line up with some of the names going round right now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure where this should go, so i've stuck it here.

If i pick 10 world cup winners from a single fixtures (e.g. England vs Trinidad; pick England), 9 of which i think will be the correct result, i can bet something called a "9 fold".

This is defined as : "This bet perms any nine selections from the number chosen. Nine of them must win for you to receive any winnings".

Please could someone explain this to me, as i understand it to be that, if 9 of my 10 bets win, i get the money. What I don't understand is that if i stick a tenner on, i get 10 grand... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    gk: schmiechel
    rb: neville
    lb: winterburn
    cb: adams
    cb: terry
    rm: backham
    lm: giggs
    cm: vieira
    cm: keane
    st: shearer
    st: henry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurricaneHerd)
    you talk like your Gcse results suggest you should ! crap just crap !
    u sound so arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    Right, im aiming to go queue for tickets for the newcastle v chelsea game.. tickets go on general sale at 9am at the newcastle box office..
    What time would it be best for me to aim to get there for to queue?.. i was thinking about 7ish..

bearing in mind its the last game of the season, against chelsea, and owens likely to be playing again??

thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelnicholson88)
    Casillas

Puyol Carragher Marquez Chivu

Juninho Gerrard Deco Robben

Shevchenko Ibrahimovic
    This team is no where close to the best right now..
    Marquez & Chivu?? Plus playing Puyol as Right Back? i know he used to play there before but he is 100 times better as a centre back. The only guys who deserve to be up dere in da best XI from here are sheva,Gerrard n Casillas.. this team is joke!

ReputationRep:
    Just been watching Sky Sports News and the headline read that Rooney has broken his metatarsal and will be out for 6 weeks :eek:

Hopefully we won't need him for the first few games then he can return for the quarters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurricaneHerd)
    you talk like your Gcse results suggest you should ! crap just crap !
    Oh look, a little red gem... explains it.

ReputationRep:
    Good, Horrible little person and it will only help liverpool race for second.

ReputationRep:
    It says on the BBC site that Rooney's fractured a metatarsal bone in his foot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...06/4957970.stm

Could be out for up to 6 weeks.
    Blimin typical!

ReputationRep:
    Check out the entry requirements of the sale first on the website and also see if it will be easier to get them online/on the phone.

I wouldn't think you would need to be there at 7am as you will be stood waiting for 2 hours. You might get a more helpful response off a Newcastle website where people are used to the ticket system up there.

Sorry I can't be more help, Good luck. x

ReputationRep:
    if it ain't curbs (and that would be bizarre) then why would he quit charlton!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the demand from the NUFC fans i suppose. If you want it that much, go early. I went to Anfield at 3am to queue for my Man united ticket and dont regret it one bit.

ReputationRep:
    yeh there is online ticket sales, so i didnt know whether to rely on that! haha..
    thanks for your reply though chick x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Depends on the demand from the NUFC fans i suppose. If you want it that much, go early. I went to Anfield at 3am to queue for my Man united ticket and dont regret it one bit.
    hmm i dont know about that early! haha..
    St James is right near uni, so if i get there at 7 and the q is too huge, i would just wonder into uni and do it online maybe.. i shall play it by ear and see how it goes..

Was there many people there at 3am?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vicky600)
    hmm i dont know about that early! haha..
    St James is right near uni, so if i get there at 7 and the q is too huge, i would just wonder into uni and do it online maybe.. i shall play it by ear and see how it goes
    Probably the best way. 3am is far too early I'd just make my dad sit on the phone all day

I would expect a big demand for tickets though there are always alot of Geordies wanting to go. I felt sick when I went to St James's this season, very back row of the (very tall&steep) stadium :eek:

ReputationRep:
    hmm i never thought about phoning , that would be a good idea aswell.!

yeh there will be a hugee demand.. before when ive been past at just before 9 the queue hasnt been to huge, but with the high profile n that, im sure it may be a lot bigger

ReputationRep:
    If you have the time to spend phoning it's fine, it's just when you are rushed and the bloody Anfield T.O don't pick up you get really annoyed!

I would expect you will end up getting a ticket however you go about it there is a decent capacity to fill and it's an awful long way for Chelsea fans so the away allocation will probably be small.

Good luck however you manage it x

ReputationRep:
    Apperently he will be fit on the eve of the World Cup. I am sure Sven will take him, they will just try and quicken the recovery process as much as possible and maybe play Crouchino for a few games.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.