The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Shame.

He's been a fantastic manager for Charlton, worked wonders for the club. He took them from a small-time club to a settled Premiership club, wonder who they'll get to replace him..
thanks alot :smile:.. i will make sure i have credit, then i can try even if i am in the queue..

Thanks for your help xx
vicky600

Was there many people there at 3am?

Over 100 at least.
It's a six week minimum guys. It's doubtful that he'll make it at all. It's very depressing news indeed.
whoa!

he must be gutted. i really thought he'd be one of the best, if not the best, players on show.

this really hits Englands chances. damn it.

oh and Owen is hardly going to be in the form of his life. bad all round. but i guess its time for others players to step up.
Reply 1945
Phonicsdude
Scolari would have been the best thing to happen tio the English national team for a very long time.
Shame on you. There were suggestions of death threat on Newnight tonight.
Jeremy Paxman is a little excitable sometimes, but he means well
The thing is it's the same thing every time. Remember Beckham? It's not as if we only have one injury worry either, as was the same for the last World Cup and for Euro 2004. What pisses me off most is that Manchester United were 3-0 down when it happened.
calderstonesLFC
Good, Horrible little person and it will only help liverpool race for second.

Bugger off, idiot. Wishing injury on anyone is wrong let alone someone of your own nationality who is a key part of England's bid to win the world cup. The World Cup is the biggest footballing stage in the world, no one cares if Liverpool beat Man U into 2nd.

Very bad news indeed :frown::frown::frown::frown: **** ****
Apparently John Terry had ten stitches in his ankle today and Owen's going for another scan on his foot. :frown:
So he had a scan today? Do they normally do them so soon after an injury?
Maybe play a 4-5-1?
Owen/Crouch (whoever)
J.Cole Lampard Gerrad Beckham SWP
or..
J.Cole Lampard/Gerrad (Defensive Midfielder) Beckham SWP/Gerrad
could be interesting :p:
The thing is, although we're not a one man team, Rooney brings something to the squad that's irreplaceable.

Rooney went to a private clinic. This is a little different to a regular player being injured at a regular stage of a regular season and I'm sure that he was desperate to find out regardless.
Someone put Eto'o in their team. I don't understand the appeal. He has inconsistent finishing ability, over the 10ish games I've seen him in this past year... Ronaldinho gives him a lot of playmaking upfront, which he often wastes... And yes, he is fast, but he often loses the ball before releasing it and doesn't seem to know when to quit that and get a cross in.

I think he would play well on the wing, or could be replaced by a more finishing forward...

And if anyone mentions Henry, they will get beatings:wink:

Lol
calderstonesLFC
Good, Horrible little person and it will only help liverpool race for second.

Have you ever met the guy :rolleyes:
Ronaldo XII
Have you ever met the guy :rolleyes:

Well yes actually. And secondly, a scouser who sells his story to the scum.
Economist
Bugger off, idiot. Wishing injury on anyone is wrong let alone someone of your own nationality who is a key part of England's bid to win the world cup. The World Cup is the biggest footballing stage in the world, no one cares if Liverpool beat Man U into 2nd.

Very bad news indeed :frown::frown::frown::frown: **** ****

Im sorry, but im not that much of a hypocrite to change my opinion just because he puts on an england top.
I hate him as a person, as a footballer he is quality. But anyone who shows disrespect to his routs by selling to the sun gets no sympathy.
the brittish media really **** me off, so, he's not english whats the problem....
ARSEHOLES!
Reply 1957
*Red Phoenix*
if it ain't curbs (and that would be bizarre) then why would he quit charlton!

Newcastle job is up for grabs :wink: .
the brittish media really **** me off, so, he's not english whats the problem....
ARSEHOLES!
Oooopppss!

Latest